TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Dexter: Streaming anywhere?

I'm not a Showtime sub, so I was wondering, outside of torrents, if the older seasons are streaming anywhere? I was hoping Netflix, but unfortunately no. I know Netflix has other Showtime series available for streaming (US of Tara and Weeds are ones I've watched), but not this one. FWIW, I'm an Amazon Prime member too.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
pmyers

I thought the first couple of seasons of Dexter were available for streaming on Netflix. I thought that's how I first started watching them.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
gweempose

All the episodes are available on both Vudu and Amazon, but unfortunately not Prime. It will cost you a pretty penny for all the seasons. It would be way cheaper to subscribe to Showtime ala carte for a month or two, and watch the episodes via On Demand. Great show, though, and worth the hassle.
(3) Minis

gweempose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #4
pmyers

I was going to make the same suggestion. Subscribe to Showtime and watch them on ShowtimeGO
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #5
MacThor
Not Pictured

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I thought the first couple of seasons of Dexter were available for streaming on Netflix. I thought that's how I first started watching them.
The first two seasons were on Netflix, but were pulled a couple of years ago. That's how I got started on Dexter, too.
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #6
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacThor View Post
The first two seasons were on Netflix, but were pulled a couple of years ago. That's how I got started on Dexter, too.
Actually, the way I got hooked was the season they ran on CBS Sunday nights (of course, HEAVILY edited)...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #7
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
All the episodes are available on both Vudu and Amazon, but unfortunately not Prime. It will cost you a pretty penny for all the seasons. It would be way cheaper to subscribe to Showtime ala carte for a month or two, and watch the episodes via On Demand. Great show, though, and worth the hassle.
It's even cheaper to just not bother and watch everything else I can watch

I saw the first season. I think I might have DVDs of S2 and S3 that I pulled off my DVR when I had a couple of free months of SHO some years ago. With the new TV season starting, I doubt I'll have time anyway, but was just wondering.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #8
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Actually, the way I got hooked was the season they ran on CBS Sunday nights (of course, HEAVILY edited)...
That's how I originally watched the first season. During the writers strike they showed it. After rewatching S1 unedited, I thought they did a pretty good job on CBS. I started on S2 when I have the Showtime freebie but only got about halfway before I got busy watching other stuff, and it was a difficult show to watch with a pre-teen daughter up and around. She's 14 now and while there's still stuff in that show I don't want her to see, and wouldn't watch with her, if she walked in I could quickly pause and not worry too much if she heard the odd curse word.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #9
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

I got hooked through a friend named Bit.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote