TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #301
Archangel00

Maybe already mentioned...

But there is another potential wildcard to be played involving Jesse and Todd.

Jesse circles around to pick up Walt's revolver and continues on to attempt to get the drop on Todd. Equal chances of it ending badly for either one or both of them. (or some such similar lunacy)
Archangel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #302
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
I was initially annoyed by AMC making you watch the horrendous show that follows BB in order to see clips from next week's ep, but now I appreciate it because I go into each episode not knowing a single frame (well, maybe ONE frame if they decide to show a pic on Talking Bad)...
This. I can't stand to watch the Winter show just to see a preview which really isn't a preview anyway. So I go into the episode not knowing what to expect and enjoy it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #303
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel00 View Post
Jesse circles around to pick up Walt's revolver and continues on to attempt to get the drop on Todd. Equal chances of it ending badly for either one or both of them. (or some such similar lunacy)
Jesse would have to be an expert shot with Walt's old-school 6-shooter revolver in order to take out every one of the Aryan group. Todd is hardly the most bad-ass of the group. He'd need to take out the leader (Todd's uncle) and the dude who took the first shots with the machine gun. And Jesse would have to do this from a distance, and have a perfect shot to take them both out. Then have 3 or 4 shots left to take out Todd and the rest. I know this is TV and not reality, but seriously, I don't see this happening without major suspension of disbelief.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #304
jkeegan

Quote:
I was initially annoyed by AMC making you watch the horrendous show that follows BB in order to see clips from next week's ep, but now I appreciate it because I go into each episode not knowing a single frame (well, maybe ONE frame if they decide to show a pic on Talking Bad)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
This. I can't stand to watch the Winter show just to see a preview which really isn't a preview anyway. So I go into the episode not knowing what to expect and enjoy it.
Same here. Made it VERY easy to not watch previews.

seven syllables
(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
they explain it all
jkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #305
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel00 View Post
Maybe already mentioned...

But there is another potential wildcard to be played involving Jesse and Todd.

Gomez picked up Walt's pistol.

I think. I'll watch that scene again.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #306
Archangel00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Jesse would have to be an expert shot with Walt's old-school 6-shooter revolver in order to take out every one of the Aryan group. Todd is hardly the most bad-ass of the group. He'd need to take out the leader (Todd's uncle) and the dude who took the first shots with the machine gun. And Jesse would have to do this from a distance, and have a perfect shot to take them both out. Then have 3 or 4 shots left to take out Todd and the rest. I know this is TV and not reality, but seriously, I don't see this happening without major suspension of disbelief.
Note I clearly stated "ending badly" for one or both of them. Also nothing to do with taking out the whole crew either. JUST Todd. (vengeance for spider boy ya know??)
(it's a "5-shooter" too btw, RUGER LCR 38 special)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post

Quite possible, I have no memory of it being collected though.

Last edited by Archangel00 : 09-11-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Archangel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:35 AM   #307
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post

Not to mention that a gun with a barrel that short is probably not very accurate past 15-20 feet, so Jesse would have to sneak away, get the gun (which probably isn't there because Gomey has it), then sneak back to within 20 feet of Todd in order to be able to use the gun.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #308
squint

Quote:
Maybe...

I don't think they have vests on, but they might.

Even if they do, however, they get shot and if TV and movies taught me anything, you get shot with a vest on and you are winded for 5-10 minutes and pretty incapacitated. And your gun goes flying off, out of reach.
After they get shot, they take off the body armor because they "can't breathe" and then get shot again, this time fatally. I never understood this because the fact that your body armor just stopped a round is good evidence you should keep it on.

Anyway, most rifle rounds will zip through body armor as if it wasn't there unless they were wearing hard armor ("rifle plates"). It's hard to wear such armor inconspicuously.
squint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #309
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Horrendous? I think Low Winter Sun is pretty damn good.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #310
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:

Uncdrew, you might be wrong.

If anyone is watching again or wants to check, it's right after Hank cuffs Walt. The immediate next scene shows Gomez put what looks like a pistol in his pocket.

But we know he was holding a shotgun (or whatever it is called). And it wouldn't appear to have been enough time to walk over and get Walt's gun. So I'm torn. One of me thinks he got Walt's pistol, one of me doesn't.

I'd be interested in others' opinions.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #311
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
What makes it a compelling watch for you? I've sat through the first two episodes and I can't find a desire to watch any more of it. It's just not interesting to me. And I admit to a big pushback simply because of the way the network is trying to manipulate me to watch it by moving previews of what I want to watch to later commercial breaks, et. Al. That really doesn't help market it. But still, I tried it.

dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #312
john4200

Gomez did not pick up Walt's gun. At least on screen.

EDIT:

Going frame by frame, Gomez does have a revolver, and he is unloading it. But that video segment seems like an anomaly. Gomez has his shotgun on his back, but he was supposed to be covering Walt for Hank. And Walt dropped his revolver way back across the field, so there was no time for Gomez to go get it. I think the showrunners screwed up.

Last edited by john4200 : 09-11-2013 at 09:09 AM.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #313
JoeyJoJo
Damaged Goods

I'd just like to point out that Jesse has been seen spending a lot of time with his Playstation light pistol. Foreshadowing that he's become a crack shot?
JoeyJoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #314
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

That was closer to the time of and more to do with the Boetticher murder, I think.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #315
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Gomez did not pick up Walt's gun. At least on screen.

EDIT:

Going frame by frame, Gomez does have a revolver, and he is unloading it. But that video segment seems like an anomaly. Gomez has his shotgun on his back, but he was supposed to be covering Walt for Hank. And Walt dropped his revolver way back across the field, so there was no time for Gomez to go get it. I think the showrunners screwed up.

Thanks. I agree.

I think my head just went to "Ok, once Walt is safely apprehended the next step is for one of them to go get the gun he dropped."

Then I see Gomez with a pistol, seemingly out of nowhere. I just concluded that he went to get the gun. Watching it again it's hard to think there was time for that.

Guess it was a screw up by the producers. Screw this show. I'm out.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #316
samson3382

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
That was closer to the time of and more to do with the Boetticher murder, I think.
And the time he went to Mexico with mike and Gus.

Going back earlier in the thread, I thought the entire scene with huell and hank was hilarious, "nice poker face", but in a different way than Saul at the car wash.

When did Walt learn to dirt track drift race? While on the phone? I was waiting for him to crash, and that would prevent him from leading Jesse/hank/gomie to the money.
samson3382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #317
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Screw this show. I'm out.
It's getting to be as bad as Under the Dome!
Old 09-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #318
MacThor
Not Pictured

How about this spec:

Hank and Gomie die. Walt knows two DEA agents, including an ASAC, going missing, is going to bring an impossible amount of heat down on him. He stages his own death and releases the "confession" video (media? APD?) that he never wanted to have to use. Flees to NH with the vacuum cleaner repair man. Marie loses everything and goes bat crazier.

He has to return because Jesse/Marie/Lydia are threatening his final plan somehow. Carol drops her groceries when she sees Walt because the news media has been reporting "Drug Kingpin DEA ASAC Schneider kills brother-in-law and Agent Gomez, is still at large."
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #319
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
Thanks. I agree.

I think my head just went to "Ok, once Walt is safely apprehended the next step is for one of them to go get the gun he dropped."

Then I see Gomez with a pistol, seemingly out of nowhere. I just concluded that he went to get the gun. Watching it again it's hard to think there was time for that.

Guess it was a screw up by the producers. Screw this show. I'm out.
Nah - you don't have to stop watching. Everything can be explained.

MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #320
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Todd's lovesickness to Lydia is going to come into play at some point. They're not doing all this creepy Todd stuff for no reason. Of all the little threads, this is the one that I'm most excited about and am betting a lot of dominos will fall because of that one thread...
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #321
pmyers

Gomie certainly picked up Walt's pistol.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #322
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I'm still on the fence about LWS...it's a very dark show (mood-wise), and I'm trying to hang in there. I do like it...

NOW...back to our regularly-scheduled programming.
Bierboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #323
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
Nah - you don't have to stop watching. Everything can be explained.

hah!
Old 09-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #324
type_g

So I read part of the thread and realized (not sure if it was mentioned didnt read all 11 pages) the people shooting at Hank should of got back in one SUV/Truck and drove around in flank position or heck just run them over but maybe that will happen beginning of next episode !!!!!
Old 09-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #325
Ereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
It's getting to be as bad as Under the Dome!
Wait - isn't that the show about the ordinary guy who gets involved in a drug plan and winds up getting deeper and deeper every week and starts killing people to protect his empire?

These aren't the same shows?

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #326
3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
Wait - isn't that the show featuring Dean Norris about the ordinary guy who gets involved in a drug plan and winds up getting deeper and deeper every week and starts killing people to protect his empire?

These aren't the same shows?
FYP
3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #327
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by type_g View Post
So I read part of the thread and realized (not sure if it was mentioned didnt read all 11 pages) the people shooting at Hank should of got back in one SUV/Truck and drove around in flank position or heck just run them over but maybe that will happen beginning of next episode !!!!!
With that many guys, the fire power they had, and ANY training....the would be easily able to overtake and flank them....even without having to get into a vehicle.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #328
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

There's no need for flanking unless they wanted to catch Hank and Gomey by surprise. With the way it played out, with the AB thinking they were showing up to just Jesse and Walt, and with the way it actually turned out, with just two guys with the wrong types of weapons for the situation, there was no need for flanking. Uncle Jack, Todd, and crew should have been able to take Hank and Gomey out within seconds, without the need for firing hundreds of rounds and putting Walt in danger.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #329
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
... I'm torn. One of me thinks he got Walt's pistol, one of me doesn't.
Quote:
... Guess it was a screw up by the producers. Screw this show. I'm out.
Since one of you is out, that leaves one more of you to continue enjoying the show!

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #330
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
Since one of you is out, that leaves one more of you to continue enjoying the show!
Phew! I'm really eager to see how this all pans out.

I'm hoping it was all just a bad dream... of Marie's...