TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #271
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
...But now Marie knows. Marie knows who Hank was with and there is no possible out for him this time.
...without killing her too....
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #272
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

For those wondering about the van, remember that Saul's guys got the van and loaded it up with the money. I thought that when Walt picked it up from them, he asked them about making sure there was no GPS and they ensured him that there wasn't any. This is right before the "close enough" statement about if they took any money.

So Walt should have realized that the van didn't really have GPS but the picture of the open money barrel was too great of a setup that he got fooled.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #273
Frash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
The guy had an assault rifle with a scope, right? ...and he fired the first shot, right? Presumably he had someone in his sights. There's no way he should have missed by accident.

Some people should not have guns.
The first guy to shoot had an AA-12 fully automatic shotgun with iron sights. He took careful aim and began firing, somehow missing. Unknown if he was shooting buckshot or slugs, but oh well.

Even discarding the first volleys of the firefight, a vehicle will not stop the rifle fire from the two AR-15's and the one BAR. The engine will provide some cover, but not the rest of the vehicle.

On the opposite side of the coin, the vehicle doors the AB were using wouldn't stop even the pistol rounds being fired by Hank.

But using false cover is as much Hollywood as is unlimited ammunition from a single magazine, and I'm used to it.
Frash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #274
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

Ok - I wasn't paying /that/ much attention...but they did make a pretty big deal about how deliberately he fired.

AA-12 has a 100m effective range.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #275
Frash

Hahaha...

Old 09-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #276
JohnB1000

If Hank survives I can't see how the story continues to the point of the Flash Forward (but they've resolved stuff like this before).
Old 09-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #277
smak
TV MA SLV

Quote:
I believe the phone call pretty much sealed poor Hank's fate. If Hank were going to walk away from this, then why the phone call to Marie?

The phone call to Marie is going to be the nail in Walt's coffin. We are assuming that Gomez and Hank were still working off the grid, correct? So, if not for that phone call, it appears that no one would know where Gomez and Hank had gone. If Walt is able to stop the nazis, and after they kill Gomez and Hank there is no reason to believe he couldn't stop them, they could have easily given them the barrel treatment and they would have just disappeared, like all the others.

But now Marie knows. Marie knows who Hank was with and there is no possible out for him this time.
Marie knows what? Marie knows no more than she has for this whole season.

She knows that Hank called her and said he got Walt. But that means nothing to Marie without Hank.

-smak-
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #278
JETarpon

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
I predict a bullet through Hank's melon before we break to initial credits (or whatever the term for that is).
Head. The term is head.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #279
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by smak View Post

Marie knows what? Marie knows no more than she has for this whole season.

She knows that Hank called her and said he got Walt. But that means nothing to Marie without Hank.

-smak-
If hank goes missing Marie knows that Walt was the last known person that was with him. And that he was handcuffed.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #280
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

"Break to head" or "Break for head"?
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #281
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
If hank goes missing Marie knows that Walt was the last known person that was with him. And that he was handcuffed.
She may also know where the Jesse vid is and all the paperwork/folders in the garage. Maybe that's it, in the Flashforward Walt is hunting for Marie.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #282
Dawghows

Quote:
Well, she knows that's what Hank told her on the phone. Since nobody else at the DEA knows anything about any of this, I don't think the call means very much.

Of course, she probably still has Walt's DVD "confession," and Jesse may corroborate her story if he survives the shootout.

She could certainly set things in motion to cause Walt a lot of grief, but I don't know if she has anything especially definitive to offer up to the authorities.
Dawghows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #283
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Marie is just a whiney, bat-crap crazy wife who has a history of shoplifting and attempted kidnapping (though both might not be on record).

Not sure anyone takes her seriously, and she's no match for Heisenburger.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #284
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
For those wondering about the van, remember that Saul's guys got the van and loaded it up with the money. I thought that when Walt picked it up from them, he asked them about making sure there was no GPS and they ensured him that there wasn't any. This is right before the "close enough" statement about if they took any money.

So Walt should have realized that the van didn't really have GPS but the picture of the open money barrel was too great of a setup that he got fooled.
When loading up barrels and barrels of mad stacks, Huell should have lifted a few. He must have known that Walt wouldn't be counting it.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #285
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETarpon View Post
Head. The term is head.

Thank you. Bullet in the melon before they give head.

Got it.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #286
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Head. The term is head.
Hank ends up on the floor in pool of blood with brains next to his head.

(You'd think Huell would have noticed that Jesse's head was intact.)
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #287
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
...I'm a little concerned that Hank and Gomie might be wearing bullet proof vests...
You DO realize how sick that comment is?

Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #288
Frash

I read an interesting take on the gunfight on another board that basically says:

There was a reason we saw the gunfight as we did.

That reason is Hank doesn't die in the initial battle. Gomez does though.

Once Hank runs out of ammo, he surrenders.

The AB puts Hank and Jesse on their knees, asking Walt what he wants to do.

Jesse zones out, but Hank plays the tough guy saying he'll hunt him down if he lives to avenge Gomez's death.

Walt tells the AB to kill Hank, but Hank taunts him, calling him a coward for having the AB do his dirty work.

Walt picks up his pistol and puts one in Hank's head, showing the AB that he's still a bad ass.

Walt then gives Jesse the choice to die or cook for the AB, releasing himself from having to do it.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #289
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Head. The term is head.
Says who? Melon is a perfectly acceptable word for "head"....

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/the...ning+head.html
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #290
jkeegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmtalon View Post
I thought that the blue tint came from them having to change some of the chemicals out when they ran out of what they had (the stuff in the 55gal drums they stole from that warehouse).

Correct me if I'm wrong (as I'm sure someone will)
The blue color started when they STARTED using the 55 gallon drum from the warehouse. Before that they had been using Sudafed, which Jesse informed Walt they couldn't get any more of. In real life it turns out it's a mystery why it would be blue - search the web and you'll find lots of chemists saying that if it's actually 99% pure, it shouldn't be blue. But in the show, it started when they switched away from Sudafed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I'll bet if Walt tried to kill Marie, Skyler would get pretty upset (it's her sister). So maybe we finally know why the ricen is so important.. Marie's death needs to look natural, to Skyler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
She may also know where the Jesse vid is and all the paperwork/folders in the garage. Maybe that's it, in the Flashforward Walt is hunting for Marie.
If hunting with ricen, then maybe yeah.

I doubt it with the big gun. But then that did cause the image to come to mind of her shot in her livingroom, with red crimson blood splattered all over that purple rug...

seven syllables
(
)
they explain it all
jkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #291
smak
TV MA SLV

Quote:
What proof of that is there?

-smak-
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #292
GoPackGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by smak View Post
What proof of that is there?
Hank telling Marie that he just put Walt in handcuffs and is looking at him right now?
GoPackGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #293
mrdazzo7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPackGo View Post
Hank telling Marie that he just put Walt in handcuffs and is looking at him right now?
Right but technically that's not "proof" of anything, it's Marie saying what Hank told her. But if Hank goes missing, I think Marie has enough to go to the cops/ DEA and begin the unraveling. Walt got away with everything for so long because no on had a reason to look at him. Marie pointing the finger in Walt's direction (combined with Jessie's taped confession) should be more than enough to eventually bring him down.

And anyway, by the time of the FF, Walt is already outed as H-berg, so going after Marie to keep her quiet doesn't make sense. I also don't see that happening because Walt genuinely doesn't want to kill his family members. He surrendered to Hank and for all he knew that was the end. He then begged and pleaded with Todd's peeps to walk away and not kill Hank.

That was a crazy intense last few minutes. The entire time I was just waiting for a sniper shot to blast through someone's head mid-sentence. The only hiccup writing wise with this episode was how easily they were able to dupe Huell. But whatevs. Also liked the shot of Todd running his thumb over Lydia's lipstick imprint on the mug, lol. That dude oozes crazy.

I was initially annoyed by AMC making you watch the horrendous show that follows BB in order to see clips from next week's ep, but now I appreciate it because I go into each episode not knowing a single frame (well, maybe ONE frame if they decide to show a pic on Talking Bad)...
Old 09-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #294
tony touch
Nice and Smooth

All I want to add is that I absolutely loved the music that started playing when the skinheads showed up at the end.
tony touch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #295
Frash

Quote:
I'll bet if Walt tried to kill Marie, Skyler would get pretty upset (it's her sister). So maybe we finally know why the ricen is so important.. Marie's death needs to look natural, to Skyler.
That makes sense and I like it. Oddly, I find myself not wanting Marie to escape intact.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #296
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPackGo View Post

.....and waving to him. Lol. Loved that part.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #297
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony touch View Post
All I want to add is that I absolutely loved the music that started playing when the skinheads showed up at the end.

I hate Albuquerque Nazis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bluesbrothers.jpg (70.2 KB, 195 views)
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #298
Numb And Number2

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Using a machine gun to un-Marie Marie would be like bringing a missile launched gravity bomb (see UTD ep. 5) to an Eskimo kiss* contest. If Walt wanted to dispense with beautiful Marie he would need no more than a shiny object.

* I'm taking advantage of the brief period between now and soon when
such a reference might alter the course of world events.
Numb And Number2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #299
JETarpon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Says who? Melon is a perfectly acceptable word for "head"....

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/the...ning+head.html
Zoom.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #300
JohnB1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
When loading up barrels and barrels of mad stacks, Huell should have lifted a few. He must have known that Walt wouldn't be counting it.
You mean steal the money from the most scary guy in Albuquerque?