TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #31
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
I don't think the nag-elimination would have been forbidden. Nowadays this is done with a script called fakecall.tcl, but as cs says, you have to "hack" the box to enable this. It's easier with a Series 1 than newer boxes. The hack has no effect on whether or not you need service.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:22 AM   #32
kenchen

how to find manufacture date

Hi,

How can I find the manufacture date of the Sony SVR2000? Is it on the unit? In the manual? Or somewhere in the user interface?

Thanks,
Ken
kenchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:47 AM   #33
ggieseke

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchen View Post
Hi,

How can I find the manufacture date of the Sony SVR2000? Is it on the unit? In the manual? Or somewhere in the user interface?

Thanks,
Ken
Look in the bottom left corner of the label on the back. It's in DD-MM-YY format.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #34
jadams999

Enable Recording on Sony SVR2000 Series 1 w/o sub

TiVoJerry,
I just purchased a Sony SVR2000 from a friend, saw your post about using the internal code currently assigned to the issue (14-29-02), but when I called support they said they did not know what that code referred to.

If you could activate my unit I would greatly appreciate it.

My TSN is 010-0000-112C-CE23. The manufacture date on the unit is 23-08-00.

Sincerely,
Joseph Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoJerry View Post
Over time the amount of knowledge we have to train our agents on has grown to an amount that precludes us being able to teach them about this particular situation. In general they are trained to provide support for whatever we as a company deliver to the DVR via the service connection. Basically if it's not a billing or lineup issue, they may tend to refer you to Sony or Philips for further support. If anyone is indeed reaching those companies, I have not seen any communication from them asking for units to be auth'd to record manually.

It's faster if you just send me a PM with your TSN. I usually get less than 10 of these a year, so it's really not something we're going to train all agents on. The knowledge article is there but not always easy for them to find.

For posterity's sake, the internal code currently assigned to this issue is 14-29-02. You won't find any info if you search the for this number, but if you give that # to our support agents, they will find the internal instructions on what to do in this situation.

jadams999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #35
mdscott

I realize that you may not be able to send a Private Message (PM) until you posted more times in the forum. I recommend you find a way to reach the required # so that you can send TiVoJerry a PM as he requested -- I don't know how much he actively monitors the forums at this time.

michael
Old 09-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #36
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadams999 View Post
TiVoJerry,
I just purchased a Sony SVR2000 from a friend, saw your post about using the internal code currently assigned to the issue (14-29-02), but when I called support they said they did not know what that code referred to.

If you could activate my unit I would greatly appreciate it.

My TSN is 010-0000-112C-CE23. The manufacture date on the unit is 23-08-00.

Sincerely,
Joseph Adams

You're planning on connecting it to analog cable?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #37
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
I am pretty sure TiVoJerry is no longer the appropriate contact - not even sure he's still with TiVo. You'd need to call TiVo.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:57 AM   #38
steve614
what ru lookin at?

And refer to the internal code number (assuming it's still relevant).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoJerry View Post
For posterity's sake, the internal code currently assigned to this issue is 14-29-02. You won't find any info if you search the for this number, but if you give that # to our support agents, they will find the internal instructions on what to do in this situation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote