TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
Johnnymarr

Am I correct? There is no fix for Roamio not tuning premium channels?

I just bought the Roamio last week. After going through the forums, I think I came to the conclusion that nobody has a fix for the Roamio not tuning correctly. Tivo will not take responsibility for it and the cable (mine is Time Warner, and they have no interest in helping) companies won't take responsibility for it. Am I correct? Is it worth waiting for a fix that might never come or should I just bite the bullet and get a TWC DVR?
Johnnymarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

To answer your question, No - you are not correct. I do not believe there is a single other case in the forums of not getting premium channels on TWC and it not being TWC's fault. All the other discussions are of a different sort or are not Time-Warner related. Your problem is a simpler one than most. Time Warner has the legal responsibility to get it working. If you want to reward them for their illegal actions by getting their DVR, you can do so.

Time Warner has a national CableCard line 866-606-5889 that is often helpful as opposed to a local installer (my Time-Warner installer insisted that the TiVo itself was the "tuning adapter" I was talking about, and that Time-Warner furnished no such items - I went down to the Time-Warner store the next day and installed my two tuning adapters myself.)
Old 09-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
Johnnymarr

I shouldn't have said premium channels. It's much more than that. It's the tuning issue that read about in several different posts. I hate to reward anybody for poor service, but sometimes it's not worth the fight. My family doesn't care what we use and are getting upset they can't watch their shows. When Time Warner blames Tivo and Tivo blames Time Warner, I'm at a loss.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
jwbelcher

Johnnymarr, tuning adapter? what versions?

My firmware versions (Cisco):
Cablecard : PKEY1.5.3_F.p.0601
Tuning Adapter: STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.1601

I think this is limitation in the tuning adapter. I've similar posts in the both the Silicon Dust and Ceton Windows Media Center forums with Cisco TA 4 tuner support. My money is on Cisco being to blame, but like your family, I dont care as long as it gets fixed.
jwbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
abovethesink

I'm sure you have already tried it, but just in case you haven't I'd like to second the number listed above. Helped me with my tuning issues with Time Warner.
abovethesink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #6
Johnnymarr

The tuning adapter is a Cisco STA 1520.

The Time Warner techs who came to my house called the national line with no help offered.