TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #31
sburnside1

Do we even know what Cote plans? She is in her early 30s. Perhaps she is taking time off, or is returning to theatre.
sburnside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #32
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sburnside1 View Post
Do we even know what Cote plans? She is in her early 30s. Perhaps she is taking time off, or is returning to theatre.
They are supposedly leaving the story line open for her to return. But who knows what they actually do with her character?

At the very least it should change the dynamics of the characters this season with what they have planned. So I am looking forward to this season more than normal.

My GF got me watching NCIS. She had watched JAG and then the NCIS spinoff. I started watching NCIS when that first female agent was killed on the roof. Although my GF bowed out of watching NCIS during this past season, but she watches NCIS LA. I watched the first season of LA but I didn't watch any further. I was planning on watching NCIS Red though if they had decided to pick up the series.

So it will be different for me watching NCIS this season without my GF. We only watch a few shows together now. At one point we watched around ten shows together. But we both have less free time now anyway. Heck, we still have ten episodes of season 2 of Homeland to watch.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt : 08-03-2013 at 09:51 AM.
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:44 AM   #33
Worf

Oh, they'll leave the position open. Basically what they're probably going to do is make her return to Mossad for a bit to do some work in the new leader transition and other stuff.

I'm sure while she's not able to do a full time filming gig, she'll show up now and again odd episodes.

And when she returns, the excuse is she was done.

Just like how David James Elliot took a break from JAG (he also announced he was leaving, but returned mid-season) and the writers came up with a brilliant way of doing it in the name of career advancement. The writers wrote a brilliant setup to his departure as well.

If they really cannot get her back, they'll just write some episode and kill her off. But I think she'll temporarily have to return back.
Worf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #34
IDSmoker

I'm going to be disappointed if they break with tradition for Ziva's exit (not to mention missing out on the"What caliber bullet will Ziva get?" bet that my friend and I have going).

After all:
  • Kate == .223 lapua
  • Jenny == multiple 9mm rounds
  • Franks == his own .45
  • Langer == 9mm
  • Lee == 9mm
  • Jackie & Eli David == ??? (not sure they ever mentioned what caliber weapon the assassin used)
  • Gerald == ??? (I forget what size handgun Ari used)

Have there been any exits, by regular members of the cast, that did not involve a bullet on this show?

If they really intend to leave things open for her potential return, then perhaps they'll borrow a page from the script they used for Gerald since he at least survived his exit.

Traditions are important you know
Old 09-06-2013, 01:19 AM   #35
aintnosin
[Spoiler]

Allegedly Cote pushed for pay equity with Michael Weatherly but they turned her down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
They are supposedly leaving the story line open for her to return. But who knows what they actually do with her character?
They are probably worried about an "Paget Brewster" situation. If the new character bombs (and you know that there will be a percentage of NCIS fans who will hate the new character before they see her), and NCIS ratings suffer, they could pull the trigger and lure Cote back.

They could bring back E.J. Barrett to replace Ziva (although that would preclude any "will they or won't they" tension between her and DiNozzo, since they already have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
aintnosin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #36
laria
Librocubicularist

Huh, I hadn't heard that Red didn't get picked up, either.

Maybe now that it didn't, Kim Raver can show up on LA and Callen can finally get a life and girlfriend.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #37
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

I'd prefer Abigail Borin, played by Diane Neal, over E.J. Barrett. Then we'll have TWO Abbies on the show!
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #38
aintnosin
[Spoiler]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymalkin View Post
I'd prefer Abigail Borin, played by Diane Neal, over E.J. Barrett. Then we'll have TWO Abbies on the show!
I'd love to see more of "Coast Guard Abbie," but I doubt the character would take the demotion to work under Gibbs. Now that I mention it, working under Gibbs would be a demotion for E.J. too.

I got a better idea. Just cancel NCIS:LA and move Kensi over to the "mothership." (or is JAG technically the mothership?)

|
|
Old 09-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #39
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

I was under the impression that Gibbs is the most senior agent in all of NCIS -- first among equals. Didn't he serve as acting director for an episode or two at some point?
Old 09-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #40
Jon J
Curmudgeon

Quote:
I was under the impression that Gibbs is the most senior agent in all of NCIS -- first among equals. Didn't he serve as acting director for an episode or two at some point?
Jenny dd leave him in charge once upon a time and he successfully dodged any management duties while she was gone.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #41
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintnosin View Post
I'd love to see more of "Coast Guard Abbie," but I doubt the character would take the demotion to work under Gibbs. Now that I mention it, working under Gibbs would be a demotion for E.J. too.

I got a better idea. Just cancel NCIS:LA and move Kensi over to the "mothership." (or is JAG technically the mothership?)
Quote:
You are aware that Coast Guard Abbie actually works for the Coast Guard Investigative Service CGIS, not NCIS. Her position would be equal to Gibbs so going to work for him would be a demotion for her.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:33 AM   #42
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
You are aware that Coast Guard Abbie actually works for the Coast Guard Investigative Service CGIS, not NCIS. Her position would be equal to Gibbs so going to work for him would be a demotion for her.
Yes, I'm aware she works for a different branch of the military and that she is a senior agent. My suggestion was strictly tongue-in-cheek.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:08 AM   #43
aintnosin
[Spoiler]

So the new girl debuted tonight. Typical "new character" introduction. No trusts her. She tries to hard. Pisses everyone off. Then she solves the case.

Emily Wickersham is nice to look at, but I'm not sure I'll warm to the character.

|
|
Old 11-21-2013, 06:48 AM   #44
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
So the new girl debuted tonight. Typical "new character" introduction. No trusts her. She tries to hard. Pisses everyone off. Then she solves the case.

Emily Wickersham is nice to look at, but I'm not sure I'll warm to the character.
Actually, it was Tuesday night. I like her...she and Abby will have an interesting dynamic...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #45
mr.unnatural

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesl View Post
such as
Chevy Chase - Saturday Night Live
David Caruso - NYPD Blue
McLean Stevenson - M*A*S*H

and they all found immediate success after leaving their TV series while it was still very highly rated
Chevy Chase totally tanked miserably as a late night talk show host. I don't think he lasted a week before getting canceled. I've never seen an actor with terminal stage fright like he exhibited, which was strange considering he was used to working in front of live audiences. He did find success in movies, however, but not right away.

David Caruso absolutely bombed as a movie actor. He floundered for quite a while until CSI Miami came along, IIRC. I dropped both CSI Miami and N.Y. from my recording list because they became simply ridiculous. Nowhere in the world will you have lab rats out in the wild chasing bad guys with guns.

I have no idea whatever happened to McLean Stevenson once he left M*A*S*H so whatever success he had after the show is completely unknown to me (perhaps Broadway?). I preferred the show with Harry Morgan anyway, although it went slightly downhill after Trapper John (Wayne Rogers) left.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #46
DouglasPHill

Quote:
Do something with her eyebrowes
DouglasPHill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #47
markz
Hilarity Ensues

My wife and I enjoyed the new character. All of my facebook friends that weighed in, also liked her!

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #48
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Like the new gal. Like that she is married ( or is she??? don't think she ever answered the question).
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:11 AM   #49
DouglasPHill

I'm betting she is not married.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:30 AM   #50
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasPHill View Post
True, could be a ploy to get guys to leave her alone.

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #51
gschrock

Quote:
Nah, that'd be way too easy for this show. I'm guessing she might not be married any more, but there's some sort of traumatic back story that we're eventually going to see.
gschrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #52
aintnosin
[Spoiler]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.unnatural View Post
I have no idea whatever happened to McLean Stevenson once he left M*A*S*H so whatever success he had after the show is completely unknown to me (perhaps Broadway?).
He had a spectacularly unsuccessful sitcom called "Hello, Larry" about a radio DJ.

|
|
Old 11-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #53
mrdbdigital
Nano-Bot Advocate

TC CLUB MEMBER
I think we're going to see Tim get interested in this one, rather than Tony. She's already over halfway toward being a female Tim.
mrdbdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #54
marksman
ID-10-T

Quote:
He had a spectacularly unsuccessful sitcom called "Hello, Larry" about a radio DJ.
Which he was friends with mr Drummond from different strokes I think.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #55
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIVO_GUY_HERE View Post
Like the new gal. Like that she is married ( or is she??? don't think she ever answered the question).
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gschrock View Post
Nah, that'd be way too easy for this show. I'm guessing she might not be married any more, but there's some sort of traumatic back story that we're eventually going to see.
I got the vibe of "Married to Flynn" until it was made clear she wasn't when they mentioned a wife.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #56
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Once again proving that female characters are difficult to write. She certainly was written to impress--we must oblige.

I know she was also written to be likeable. I know this because the other characters kept smiling at her and each other. I suppose I should emotionally toe the line.

Between this super woman and Abby, there really is no need for anyone else. They could be all the crime fighters the Navy ever needs. And so much quirk. Autism: because smart people.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:53 AM   #57
Worf

So we have the brainiac faction of Abby, McGee and new girl, and the "street smart" faction of Gibbs and Tony.

As for the new girl, she seems likable with no oddball traits that are highly offensive. Maybe a bit lacking in field experience, but has some background so she's not completely out of it on the move.
Worf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:32 AM   #58
malayphred
Underpowered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worf View Post
So we have the brainiac faction of Abby, McGee and new girl, and the "street smart" faction of Gibbs and Tony.

As for the new girl, she seems likable with no oddball traits that are highly offensive. Maybe a bit lacking in field experience, but has some background so she's not completely out of it on the move.
I'm really looking forward to seeing more of her.

Guess we'll know more next week.
malayphred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #59
kmccbf

After several episodes with Emily Wickersham, I finally figured out what bothered me about her character. Her personality is very similar to that of Abby, though without the Goth overtones.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:26 PM   #60
DouglasPHill

She is nice to look at but for some reason I find her brown eyebrows conflicting with her blond hair. I am already tired of her character.