TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
KCAC

TiVo Newfie Fios setup

I found a Roamio Pro today at BB and picked it up and went by Verizon and picked up a card. The Tivo set up went pretty easy, however been stuck in activating the card mode for over an hour now with Fios. It took me to the automated screen with the fios set up number to activate new equipment and it is all automated, you plug in the various numbers from the screen on your TV but in the process it says we have activated your card and your set top box and it will take up to 30 mins. I have been through that now twice and still does not seem to activate, I have been on hold for Fios tech support now for 20 mins.....wondering if when they say "activating your set-top box if they know it is a TiVo I am trying to activate? As it is not activating, and no one is answering at Fios. Anyone remember if you ended up having to talk to a live tech support person at Fios or what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
KCAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
iadbound

Did you get this working? I successfully activated using the 800 number. However, I had to call tech support to get it to pair so that I could I watch HBO/Cinemax.

I don't think the Verizon system knows it is a Tivo. It just knows it is a cable card.

From what other are saying here, try chatting with Verizon about your problem rather than calling tech support.
iadbound is offline   Reply With Quote