TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-09-2013, 01:58 AM   #61
jkeegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frash View Post
Maybe Marie's the one who trashes Walt's house? Who else would at this point?
OOh nice thought. If so, maybe Gomez survives and Hank dies, so that there's someone to tell Marie that her husband is dead.

seven syllables
(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
they explain it all
jkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:58 AM   #62
mike_k

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitson77 View Post
There is no way Gomez and Walt make it. Looks like Jesse slips away hopefully. That last 10 minutes was tense. You knew they were coming...
Hank - but yeah, I agree. If Hank makes it out alive, I'm going to delete my season pass.

(ok, not really)
mike_k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:01 AM   #63
squint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitbyBlit View Post
That part I actually don't have a problem with. He might know how to drive there, but in order to communicate the location to someone else such as Skyler or Todd's gang, he would need the coordinates.

The next question then is, "Why did he have the ticket on him if he didn't need it?"
He knows the general location well enough but if the landscape changes over time he may not know where to dig.

In a rush, it was hard to give directions to the middle of nowhere so he gave them the GPS coordinates. He perhaps should have munged them a bit so they would be accurate enough to get close enough to see the vehicles but not be the exact spot the money is buried.
squint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:04 AM   #64
whitson77
Director Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_k View Post
Hank - but yeah, I agree. If Hank makes it out alive, I'm going to delete my season pass.

(ok, not really)
Fixed! . Sorry we just finished watching it and it is 1am here. Brain is mush.
whitson77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:20 AM   #65
jkeegan

1) Whoever said "we better hear Jesse say bitch again before this is all done" got their wish when Walt was talking to him on the cell phone

2) SCIENCE!!! That's how she blinded me.

3) Am I alone in thinking that a SMALL part of Jesse continued to move toward Walt (which started last episode when Hank insisted that Walt did care about Jesse) when he saw that the location was the location of their first cook? That's a sentimental place to Walt because he and Jesse cooked there.

4) At least Walt got to try explaining to Jesse that while yes, he made a kid sick, he made sure the kid wouldn't die - he measured exactly the right amount. Psychotic logic to be sure for anyone in our world, but in their world, it almost feels justified!

5) FAMILY! Walt finally used family and Jesse in the same sentence!! Unfortunately, he said "almost like family". Still! Better than nothing! I've wanted him to call Jesse family for weeks now!

I was hoping for comedy at the beginning - I wanted to see Uncle Jack pass out and hit his head because he wasn't wearing a gas mask.

Do you think Walt maybe taught Todd a slightly different method so that Todd couldn't exactly reproduce his blue magic, so it was all just Walt's? (However I don't actually believe that, because recently Walt HAS looked like he's done)

Agreed, Hank either most definitely dies, or we've been duped, because of the line to Marie saying he won't be home for a long while.

seven syllables
(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
they explain it all
jkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:35 AM   #66
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I had that happen a couple seasons ago. Now I do an "add 2 minutes" to my TiVo recording and even if I get some sucky "low winter sun" I don't lose any BB.
Same here, unless it's CBS on Sundays, then I pad 90 minutes after.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:27 AM   #67
AeneaGames

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeegan View Post
Agreed, Hank either most definitely dies, or we've been duped, because of the line to Marie saying he won't be home for a long while.
If Hank lives then Walt will end up in prison. Hank arrested him, they know where the money is, they have Walt confessing to quite a few things over the phone, which, if they have been smart about it, has been recorded.

Since we have seen a flash-forward wherein that does not seem to be the case, Hank dies, so does Gomez. Or one or both end up in a coma or something.
AeneaGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:36 AM   #68
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeneaGames View Post
If Hank lives then Walt will end up in prison. Hank arrested him, they know where the money is, they have Walt confessing to quite a few things over the phone, which, if they have been smart about it, has been recorded.

Since we have seen a flash-forward wherein that does not seem to be the case, Hank dies, so does Gomez. Or one or both end up in a coma or something.
Or Hank (or Gomez) lives but Walt gets away during or after the gunfight, and Walt goes on the run.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:39 AM   #69
AeneaGames

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Or Hank (or Gomez) lives but Walt gets away during or after the gunfight, and Walt goes on the run.
Could be, but somehow I doubt Todd and gang will keep them alive and yes, I just can't imagine Hank and Gomez killing or wounding all of them including Todd...
AeneaGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:42 AM   #70
Rob64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frash View Post
No way Hank, Gomez, or Jesse live through that.

They might.....if they get to the vehicle with walt then they have a hostage situation and a cease fire....Jesse may be toast. No way Todds crew gets hurt, not against a pistol and shotgun and they were wearing vests too. I wonder why Hank and Gomez didn't show badges or identify themselves more vocally as DEA. Todds crew may have backed off if they were convinced

Last edited by Rob64 : 09-09-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Rob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:50 AM   #71
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
* The, I assume, directors choice to have Jesse's voice on the phone call be clear as day. I understand why they did it but it took me right out of the moment.
I have to agree - I found it distracting, too. It felt not enough like a real organic conversation where the actors were responding to each other and too much like a fake "conversation" where each actor did their lines separately and then the editor patched things into conversation form after the fact. I hadn't picked up on the audio quality being too clear, but now that you mention it, that was definitely part of why it didn't seem "right" to me. Also, Walt's lines seemed so carefully written to serve as a confession, later. "I killed Tuco and Crazy Eight. I poisoned Brock." It had "for playback later" written all over it. Which is odd, because I really don't envision the finale being one involving Walt and a courtroom.

That said, I still loved the episode.
| Twitter:

Last edited by danterner : 09-09-2013 at 06:32 AM.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #72
MacThor
Not Pictured

My biggest nit to pick is how specifically Walt confessed over the phone. "I ran over those two drug dealers...etc." It didn't play right to me.

Walt would have been more likely to say to Jessee "How many times did I save your life" or "all of the awful things you think I did were to protect you."

Edit: Or, what danterner said.
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #73
mooseAndSquirrel

I kept waiting for Walt to realize he didn't bury the barrels in the up orientation.

Also, even on tape, all of Walt's confession would be inadmissable as an unwarranted wiretap.

Finally, with just the money, I think Walt's setup of Hank with his "confession" is still pretty strong. Hank continuing to go rouge/rougue is such a dumb move.

Funny, all this time I though Gomie was the boss.
mooseAndSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #74
markp99
TakoKichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseAndSquirrel View Post
Funny, all this time I though Gomie was the boss.
Me too.
markp99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #75
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Also, even on tape, all of Walt's confession would be inadmissable as an unwarranted wiretap.
It's not a wiretap, it's voicemail.

Does Jesse know they have his phone? If so, there would be no problem. If not, then I don't know.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #76
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
I kept waiting for Walt to realize he didn't bury the barrels in the up orientation.
There's a trailer/clip out there that shows Walt standing up one barrel on end in the pit at the end of the day (it was dark).. I'm pretty sure we didn't see him bury them all sideways. He rolled them from the truck that way, but I would guess he stood them all up to make it easier to retrieve money from one of them without disrupting the rest. But even if he did, the fact that Hank and Jesse knew the exact type of barrel, and how many, and that they got Huel to talk, by that point, it was too much specific information for Walk just to ignore based on the orientation of the barrel photo.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #77
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
It's not a wiretap, it's voicemail. .
The confessions in this episode? He was talking to Jesse, not a voicemail.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #78
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob64 View Post
They might.....if they get to the vehicle with walt then they have a hostage situation and a cease fire....Jesse may be toast. No way Todds crew gets hurt, not against a pistol and shotgun and they were wearing vests too. I wonder why Hank and Gomez didn't show badges or identify themselves more vocally as DEA. Todds crew may have backed off if they were convinced
Badges

Badges?

Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #79
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Oops, conflation.

Even so, in most states (I know Minnesota is one of them) you only need one party's permission to record a phone call.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #80
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
That's a pretense. He was talking to Hank, who was acting in his official capacity as a DEA agent (whether or not he told his bosses about it).
Old 09-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #81
MNoelH
McGruber

TC CLUB MEMBER
I think Jesse slipped out of the car. He'll run over to the rock Walt was standing behind and take the gun Walt dropped (and nobody retrieved) and somehow defend himself from whoever survives the shoot out.

I kept wondering who was gonna go get that gun, but neither Hank nor Gomie seemed too worried about it.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #82
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

I think they had other thinks on their minds at that moment!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #83
Bryanmc
I'm normal.

I'm glad I watched this last night, people are being a little too free with their Facebook statuses today for my tastes.
Bryanmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #84
MNoelH
McGruber

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
I think they had other thinks on their minds at that moment!
I mean before they got visitors. Seems to me it should've been more on their minds than it was. Hank says that he'll take Walt in but that Jesse should wait with Gomez for the searchers of the money to arrive. seems to me that as soon as the cuffs were on Walt that one of them should've gone to pick it up.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #85
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeegan View Post
I was 80% sure that Walt had lost a signal talking to Jesse, then would realize that he had no signal, and that Jesse couldn't have a signal way out there in the desert either, and realize he was being played.

I thought he would stop the car right on that bend, figure it out, and then drive somewhere else.
Absolutely this....exactly what I was saying (even out loud)....how could Jesse be out there talking to Walt on a cell when Walt's losing his signal. And I'm pretty sure that's what happened even though Walt yelled into the phone *I didn't hang up Jesse!*
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #86
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
I kept waiting for Walt to realize he didn't bury the barrels in the up orientation...
That wouldn't make any difference. Hank and his boys would easily tip it upright to get a good photos...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #87
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanmc View Post
I'm glad I watched this last night, people are being a little too free with their Facebook statuses today for my tastes.
Social media has resulted in the de-Tivovication of society. People want to be able to talk about things with other people and they want to do it now. You're never going to convince everyone to avoid posting "spoilers." Spoilerphobes need to stay off the internet.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #88
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNoelH View Post
I think Jesse slipped out of the car. He'll run over to the rock Walt was standing behind and take the gun Walt dropped (and nobody retrieved) and somehow defend himself from whoever survives the shoot out.

I kept wondering who was gonna go get that gun, but neither Hank nor Gomie seemed too worried about it.
I wonder if he did that, would he be a better shot than all those guys together? maybe not, he was never big with guns. Maybe getting shot at from a different angle would surprise Jack and his guys though. And I wonder if Jesse will save Walt when Jack pulls him out of the car and is about to haul him off for some more 'cooking'.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #89
DeDondeEs

With all of those rounds being fired and seemingly not hitting anyone, that last scene reminded me of something out of the A-Team. I was expecting one of those old style Army jeeps to come flying in doing one of those barrel-roll flips. One nitpick that bugged me was that the phone audio they played of Jesse baiting Walt to his hideout was a little too good. They did it so that the audience could hear what he was saying, but it was too clean. Also, once Walt got off the freeway he lost cell service, but then once he drove down a dirt road into a canyon, it suddenly works again?
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #90
jasrub

When I saw Jesse get into the car, and Walt in the SUV, I immediately thought maybe he had possibly rigged his car to blow up remotely or something, and would wait until he and Hank were safely away, and take Jesse out that way.
jasrub is offline   Reply With Quote