TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
GoPackGo

Breaking Bad - S05E13 - To'hajiilee

Wow. I'm again blown away by how unexpected the story is. Cannot wait to see how the final 3 episodes play out!

"Bluish"
"Aqua Marine"
"Timmy Dip$***"

Also, look for Thomas Dolby ringtones to climb up the iTunes charts!
GoPackGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Yeah, they way they're burning their bridges, you'd think they don't exp[ect the show to get renewed. Are the ratings down or something?

Old 09-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
BradJW

Yeah, wow is a good word.

I've seen so many great shows with less than stellar endings. Will the Breaking Bad finale live up to the hype? It's sure looking that way.
BradJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #4
GoPackGo

Credit to Reddit...

It's a good thing for Walt and co that Uncle Jack's crew practice at the same shooting range as these guys:

GoPackGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

I thought, for JUST A SECOND, that as the tear came down Walt's face, his humanity was shining through again ala Robocop.

My gosh, the suspense, waiting for Todd and his uncle to show up. Were they coming, were they not, they held it there for seemingly ever.

Only 3 more to go.

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #6
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Some great music in the background in the ep.

She blinded me with Science
Oh, Sherry.

There was another one, but I can't recall right now.
Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #7
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
I suspect that Hank and Gomez and the Nazis are all dead. Leaving just Walt and Jesse.

Or maybe the Nazis win and take Walt's money.
Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #8
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Please don't kill Hank and Gomie. Please.

I thought they were going to snipe Hank while on the phone with Marie.

- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #9
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
I suspect that Hank and Gomez and the Nazis are all dead. Leaving just Walt and Jesse.

Or maybe the Nazis win and take Walt's money.
They don't know his money is there...at the moment, anyway.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #10
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPackGo View Post
It's a good thing for Walt and co that Uncle Jack's crew practice at the same shooting range as these guys:
It's a good thing for Uncle Jack's crew that Walt and Gomie were practicing right along side them!

Although a pistol and a shotgun probably aren't the most effective weapons at that range.

You hear on the news about shootouts where dozens or hundreds of rounds are fired but nobody is injured. It always seems fakey to me. It seems even fakier when it's not real!
Old 09-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #11
danterner
Not it!

I don't see Hank, Gomie, or Jesse walking away from this one. The "I love you" call to Marie sealed Hank's fate. As soon as Hank said "I may not be home for awhile" I thought "...or ever." They are definitely not having an A1 day.

Wonderful episode.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #12
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post

Please don't kill Hank and Gomie. Please.
Feeling the same but I also hope Jesse survives. I almost yelled, "Jesse get back in the car!" when they confronted Walt but now it doesn't matter.

I blame Walt for any and all fatalities. Those rooting for him will say he tried to stop it. Typical WW - - sets destruction in motion and then tries to justify the damage. He actually said that the boy lived as if it justified poisoning him.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #13
Frash

No way Hank, Gomez, or Jesse live through that.
Frash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #14
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Well, Jesse slipped out of the car, so he could have run away while everybody else was busy shooting past each other...

I suspect the final tally will be Gomie dead, Hank wounded, Jesse hiding in the desert. I think there's still too much endgame left for Jesse and Hank to be out of it just yet.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #15
FireMen2003

Recording cut off too early...dammit!
FireMen2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #16
robojerk

I don't see Hank or Gomie surviving this one. Jesse is a maybe, did he slip or of the car?
Old 09-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #17
Hank
AC•FTW

I think Jesse lives.

Hank and Gomie, not so much.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #18
Beryl

I hope Hank had enough sense to ship WW's cellphone confession so it could be discovered by others who can follow up.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #19
danterner
Not it!

Hank and Gomez dead, Jesse captured by the Nazis and used as leverage in an effort to get Walt to cook for them. Walt goes to ground, comes back into town to take out the Nazis with his M-60. The Nazi's miscalculation was that Walt didn't call them off because he had a change of heart about Jesse.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #20
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

As an aside from action-talk: Walt Jr. being starstruck at seeing Better Call Saul was hilarious.

"Don't drink and drive, kid. And if you do, give me a call."

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #21
Frash

Aryan Brotherhood - 2 pistols, 2 AR's, an AA12, and a BAR(?)

DEA - A pistol and a pump action shotgun

The fact that Hank and Gomez didn't die immediately, while standing in the open facing that amount of firepower, is quite unbelievable.

If the writers let either of those two live, I'd be disappointed.

I personally hate to see their characters die, but you don't stand them off against that kind of firepower and let them out of it somehow. Remember, this is also the gang that killed off Declan's crew in short order.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #22
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Some great music in the background in the ep.

She blinded me with Science
That one made me chuckle...."Yo, Science, b*tches!"

Quote:
I couldn't believe that Hank and Gomez weren't killed right away. Those guys are using a whole lot of bullets up.

Then as the gun fight went on I thought - here they are in the same spot as their first cook. Where they had a shoot out with some other guys and only Jesse and Walt lived.

I could see the Nazi guys killing Hank and Gomez and then driving off and Jesse and Walt surviving.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #23
Hank
AC•FTW

What was the aborted plan with the brains? (Pun not intended)

Nevermind... I had stepped out of the room for 20 secs.. They just mentioned it on talking bad.

Last edited by Hank : 09-08-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #24
billboard_NE
North Shore MA

Not aborted, Hank used them to take a picture with Jesse, to show the body guard that Walt is coming for him next.

They set up a fake picture of Jessie dead.
billboard_NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #25
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frash View Post
The fact that Hank and Gomez didn't die immediately, while standing in the open facing that amount of firepower, is quite unbelievable.
I agree, but it was ****ing intense. I'll give it some artistic leeway.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #26
Azlen

Maybe it will be like the A-Team where everybody shoots at everybody but nobody ever gets hit and then the bad guys just surrender because they are out of bullets.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #27
Frash

I'll give it leeway too, as long as they're dead in the next episode. With the cliffhanger the way it was, it does leave the possibility that Hank or Gomez live.

I want to see an epic shootout too, as long as it ends within proportions to how it was setup.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #28
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I didn't find it that intense because no one was actually getting hurt. For a minute when it first started I was waiting to see someone get blown away - like a shot of the bullet whistling in and hitting Hank and maybe his brains on the ground like the ones he faked in the kitchen.

Gomez getting killed seems likely too but a shame since he really didn't have any play in this except as Hank's sidekick.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #29
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Every casualty is on Hank this time. He's the one gone off the rails, outside of his authority, behind the backs of his superiors, just brazenly running an operation blind to consequences. He deserves every bullet that's gonna come his way.

dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #30
Frash

Also interesting is now that Marie received affection from Hank with the assurance that Walt is in cuffs and the end to her nightmare is close, what will happen with her?

Will she go off the deep end, forcing someone to kill her?

Will she try to kill Walt or Skylar?

Will she collapse into depression, effectively ending her role in the series?