TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #5671
ehagberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Mostly if a recording stops transferring is because there are glitches in point(s) of the video and pausing at a few seconds/frames after those glitches will allow you to resume downloading.

If this is happening on every recording, I'd see if its only on a specific or all of the channels. It may be a case of weaken signals, and Tivo will stop recording until there is sufficient signal strength to record from.

The sizes of recordings on Tivo will not be an exact size as compared to the downloaded video on a computer, it would be smaller (about 95% of stated size on Tivo.) IE: a video on Tivo says 2.75GB, the same video downloaded will be around 2.5GB.
But it doesn't just stop transferring - kmttg just hangs, even though the transfer is complete, at least that's what I'm seeing now. When I view the files (disregard the first ones that were recorded while cablecard issues were ongoing) they are the full length of the show... it just seems that kmttg doesn't realize it's done downloading and it can move on to the next program to download (or next step in running through qsfix, etc...)... and this seems to happen when kmttg's status thermometer stops updating, long before the file size stops growing.
ehagberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #5672
moyekj

Quote:
Moyekj,

I am curious to see what the Roamio does on downloads speeds (in KMTTG) and whether its wired or wireless.
aaronwt posted in 1 of the threads he managed 190 Mbps for TS transfer via Gige wired network. Last I tested I got ~120 Mbps on my Gige network, but my client is a 6 year old laptop so laptop write speed is the limiting factor in my setup. From what I recall even PS transfers weren't much slower for me either. So finally TTG transfers for me are no longer TiVo CPU limited .
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #5673
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagberg View Post
But it doesn't just stop transferring - kmttg just hangs, even though the transfer is complete, at least that's what I'm seeing now. When I view the files (disregard the first ones that were recorded while cablecard issues were ongoing) they are the full length of the show... it just seems that kmttg doesn't realize it's done downloading and it can move on to the next program to download (or next step in running through qsfix, etc...)... and this seems to happen when kmttg's status thermometer stops updating, long before the file size stops growing.
Sounds like the GUI is hanging from your description which is a bug. Each transfer will run in its own thread so download will continue running even if GUI does hang.
I haven't seen that behavior myself or reports from others. Can you provide more details, such as: OS, Java version, kmttg version, are you combining download/decrypt, etc? Also are you downloading individual recordings or using Auto Transfers-Run in GUI mode? Do you see any stack traces and/or error messages (red text) in message window?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #5674
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
aaronwt posted in 1 of the threads he managed 190 Mbps for TS transfer via Gige wired network. Last I tested I got ~120 Mbps on my Gige network, but my client is a 6 year old laptop so laptop write speed is the limiting factor in my setup. From what I recall even PS transfers weren't much slower for me either. So finally TTG transfers for me are no longer TiVo CPU limited .
I believe he was using TDP and I just wanted to know what KMTTG would actually show.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #5675
ehagberg

Quote:
Sounds like the GUI is hanging from your description which is a bug. Each transfer will run in its own thread so download will continue running even if GUI does hang.
I haven't seen that behavior myself or reports from others. Can you provide more details, such as: OS, Java version, kmttg version, are you combining download/decrypt, etc? Also are you downloading individual recordings or using Auto Transfers-Run in GUI mode? Do you see any stack traces and/or error messages (red text) in message window?
Well it was happening under windows XP with the latest kmttg and latest java versions. I'd tried combined download/decrypt as well as separate, and I wasn't using auto-transfers in gui mode. No errors in the message window....

_but_ it seems to have gone away now that I just did a simple reboot of the windows pc where this was happening. Weird. Nothing else on the pc was misbehaving like this so I didn't think to reboot (I'd been restarting kmttg frequently when the gui froze during downloads)

Sorry for the noise, I guess.
ehagberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #5676
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Sometimes a reboot of all Tivos and the router and computers cures most ills.

~~~~~

Old 09-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #5677
bbrown9

I noticed that the guide style is the live guide style. I'd like to see an option for a grid style guide.
bbrown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #5678
tluxon

I use resume downloads a lot to grab small portions of large files, and with a 2TB drive, each playlist refresh takes several minutes. Any tips on speeding up the playlist refresh process on a large drive on a TiVoHD?
tluxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:41 PM   #5679
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluxon View Post
I use resume downloads a lot to grab small portions of large files, and with a 2TB drive, each playlist refresh takes several minutes. Any tips on speeding up the playlist refresh process on a large drive on a TiVoHD?
If you need only recent recordings under config-Tivos you can set "limit # of npl fetches" according to how refresh cycles are needed to be sufficient to get to the show(s) you want.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #5680
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
I believe he was using TDP and I just wanted to know what KMTTG would actually show.
I just used KMTTg today to download a bunch of Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman recordings. Mostly from my Elite but some from my Roamio Pro. From my Roamio I was getting similar speeds.

Although I am using v0p7k so I don't know what the difference is with my old version. I made my way to this thread from the kmttg site trying to find out about the lastest version.

So what is the latest version and how do I update my current version? I installed this on my Tivo Desktop PC years ago and it's something I have not used very often. But it was perfect to transfer the 120+ episodes I had recorded from these two shows.

EDIT: It looks like I installed kmttg in May 2010. With the newest version are there improvements or features that I can take advantage of, or is this old version fine?
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt : 09-08-2013 at 02:54 PM.
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #5681
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

With v1p0e, I found it seems to get the correct episode numbers, but it still displays a different number.

IE: I have "This Old House [ep3324]" displayed' When I download it, it filenames it, "This Old House [ep3224]". The latter is correct, as it is also displayed in the video credits.

~~~~~

Old 09-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #5682
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
EDIT: It looks like I installed kmttg in May 2010. With the newest version are there improvements or features that I can take advantage of, or is this old version fine?
That's ancient. There's a boatload of new stuff in latest version which you can get from link in my sig. Once you upgrade manually to latest version then future updates can be done via Help menu.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #5683
moyekj

Quote:
With v1p0e, I found it seems to get the correct episode numbers, but it still displays a different number.

IE: I have "This Old House [ep3324]" displayed' When I download it, it filenames it, "This Old House [ep3224]". The latter is correct, as it is also displayed in the video credits.
Series 3 unit? If so it's probably a difference between local guide data and middlemind.tivo.com if you configured kmttg for your tivo.com login info. What does the TiVo UI show for episode information?

Old 09-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #5684
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Series 3 unit? If so it's probably a difference between local guide data and middlemind.tivo.com if you configured kmttg for your tivo.com login info. What does the TiVo UI show for episode information?
Series 3 (652) shows the latter correct episode number in the playlist.

Edit: That's odd. I just tried the same download again with the same version and the playlist and download are the same (3324). NM.

~~~~~

Last edited by ThAbtO : 09-08-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #5685
moyekj

Quote:
Series 3 (652) shows the latter correct episode in the playlist.
So it's a case where middlemind.tivo.com data is different than local guide data. Usually the tivo.com data is more accurate & complete than the local guide data from my experience. If you disable your tivo.com login & password in kmttg it should fix that issue but then you will probably find a lot of missing episode data for other shows.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #5686
lpwcomp

Does anyone have an encoding profile that will encode an HD mpeg2 into a TiVo 2 basic quality mpeg2?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:02 PM   #5687
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Does anyone have an encoding profile that will encode an HD mpeg2 into a TiVo 2 basic quality mpeg2?
Something like this should work.

ff_dvd.enc
Code:
# Description (single line, keep short)
<description>
widescreen DVD

# Encode command or script (single line)
# Known keywords: FFMPEG, HANDBRAKE, MENCODER, PERL, INPUT, OUTPUT, PWD, CPU_CORES, SRTFILE
<command>
FFMPEG -y -i INPUT -target ntsc-dvd -aspect 16:9 -f dvd OUTPUT

# Encoded output file extension
<extension>
mpeg

Old 09-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #5688
lpwcomp

Quote:
Something like this should work.

ff_dvd.enc
Code:
# Description (single line, keep short)
<description>
widescreen DVD

# Encode command or script (single line)
# Known keywords: FFMPEG, HANDBRAKE, MENCODER, PERL, INPUT, OUTPUT, PWD, CPU_CORES, SRTFILE
<command>
FFMPEG -y -i INPUT -target ntsc-dvd -aspect 16:9 -f dvd OUTPUT

# Encoded output file extension
<extension>
mpeg
Thanks. I'll try that the next time I need to push something I recorded on an HD channel to the remote TiVo 2. I usually record things that are going to be sent there on an SD channel but sometimes that is not possible.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #5689
mrbillwatts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMan8 View Post
I've been using KMTTG for years without any issues (amazing program)... but recently my computer crashed and I set up a brand new one. Everything installed and started working from scratch very easily!
(again... amazing program!)

The only issue I've found is that ProjectX can't handle some shows. They are "mpg" files, but I get an error in the log when ProjectX tries to cut their commercials:
2013_04_22_16:49:52 ERROR: xcl file not found: C:\Users\RedMan\Documents\Current\00KMTTG\Family Feud (04_22_2013)(15_00).mpg.Xcl
2013_04_22_16:49:55 ERROR: input video=eia-608: projectxcut only supports mpeg2 video

It "feels" like I'm missing a codec or something??

Thanks again for the continued development and support of this!!

-RedMan
Did you ever figure this out? I'm getting the exact same error message with kmttg v1p0e:

input video=eia-608: projectx only supports mpeg2 video

Just curious if you ever figured it out.
mrbillwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #5690
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbillwatts View Post
Did you ever figure this out? I'm getting the exact same error message with kmttg v1p0e:

Looks like a problem properly identifying the video codec of the source program - it's treating the captions as the video stream. Do you have kmttg configured with "mediainfo cli" under config->Programs? If not that may be the problem. If on Windows you can update tools using Help->Update tools and then re-start kmttg and then it should be set to use "mediainfo cli".

If you already setup with mediainfo setup then it's a bug in the video codec detection using mediainfo I'll have to look into.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #5691
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Is there anyway ito have a timeout in kmttg? I've started seeing VRD going to 100% (when it noremally writes out the mp4 file), just sit there for hours and never finish. I let them sit to see if they ever finish and got to 55 hours elapsed time, before I killed it.

Can kmttg have a built in activity timer? If a step doesn't complete in, say, 9 hours, it kills it and aborts the activity? (With an appropriate red message in the log file, of course).
Tivo (S2-retired, 500gb HD, 2 units)
TivoHD (2tb HD, chip mod, 2 units)
Tivo Premiere (2tb HD)
Tivo Premiere4 (2tb (JMFS) HD)
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #5692
mrbillwatts

Quote:
Looks like a problem properly identifying the video codec of the source program - it's treating the captions as the video stream. Do you have kmttg configured with "mediainfo cli" under config->Programs? If not that may be the problem. If on Windows you can update tools using Help->Update tools and then re-start kmttg and then it should be set to use "mediainfo cli".

If you already setup with mediainfo setup then it's a bug in the video codec detection using mediainfo I'll have to look into.
Thanks so much for replying! I do have mediainfo CLI set in the Configure > Programs. I have tried version 0.7.62 (kmttg version), 0.7.64 (latest), and 0.7.56 (older version since I'm sure this was working a while ago) of mediainfo. They all give me the same error. I've attached a screenshot of what mediainfo gives me when I run it against the mpg file I'm trying to comskip.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #5693
mrbillwatts

I dug around sourceforge and found v1p0c and it is working fine with comskip. Just wanted to let you know and also in case anyone else runs in to the "input video=eia-608: projectx only supports mpeg2 video" issue. I can't DM RedMan8 but hopefully he'll see this post in case he's still having the issue.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #5694
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

If I install other programs which depend on the same underlying tools as kmttg, is it better practice to let the other program install its own copies, so that the installation won't clobber what kmttg has? So each program calls its own install of Atomic Parsley, etc? Or is it better to have one installation of everything in the toolbox and have all the programs share it?

I haven't looked at the config files of the other program yet, so I haven't learned how it points to the other executables.

The upside is that it's easier to keep everything updated if there is only one toolbox to keep updated, and it saves on hard disk space. One downside might be if a program ceases to function at a certain point because it depends on a particular version of a tool.

I haven't tweaked the config file for the other program yet, but presumably there is some way to tell it what directories it should be looking at. (IIRC the installation program did not look for pre-existing installs.)

I was also thinking about playing with the Windows GUIs of Handbrake or ffmpeg. It seems silly to install things multiple times.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #5695
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu View Post
Is there anyway ito have a timeout in kmttg? I've started seeing VRD going to 100% (when it noremally writes out the mp4 file), just sit there for hours and never finish. I let them sit to see if they ever finish and got to 55 hours elapsed time, before I killed it.

Can kmttg have a built in activity timer? If a step doesn't complete in, say, 9 hours, it kills it and aborts the activity? (With an appropriate red message in the log file, of course).
Mines does this also which is why I stopped manually editing my shows with VRD. It does the ad detect and I don't know how to proceed. I can save the video then close VRD and it takes off but something seems wrong with that process. Are there instructions for the VRD part of the process? What the script expects to happen?
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #5696
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Do the latest versions of KMTTG still work with S2 TiVos? Or do I need to use an older version?

Hercules67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #5697
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
Mines does this also which is why I stopped manually editing my shows with VRD. It does the ad detect and I don't know how to proceed. I can save the video then close VRD and it takes off but something seems wrong with that process. Are there instructions for the VRD part of the process? What the script expects to happen?
Read the kmttg Wiki more carefully on that option. You're supposed to choose File->Save Project in VRD and then exit VRD, not save the video.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #5698
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules67 View Post
Do the latest versions of KMTTG still work with S2 TiVos? Or do I need to use an older version?
Latest version should be fine.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #5699
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbillwatts View Post

Looking into this some more I think it is due to a bug in parsing "mediainfo" output. It's a pretty simple fix which will go in next release. In the meantime, if you want to try out the fix, you can download a zip file that contains kmttg.jar with the fix included from here.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #5700
Soapm

Quote:
Read the kmttg Wiki more carefully on that option. You're supposed to choose File->Save Project in VRD and then exit VRD, not save the video.
Thanks, I'll try that. Does it matter where I save it?

Am I looking at the wrong Wiki, this is what I read for manual cuts and I don't see the step. I bolded the part that made me think I was to save the file but again, I had no idea where it was to be saved.

Quote:
Bring up VideoRedo GUI to make manual cuts

If you have VideoRedo and have configured kmttg with the installation path to VideoRedo, when this option is enabled kmttg will start VideoRedo GUI to allow you to manually define the commercial cuts and save the output mpeg2 file with cuts with VideoRedo. kmttg will wait until you close the VideoRedo GUI before proceeding.
This is useful to be able to skip the time-consuming and often inaccurate Ad Detect step so you can define and generated mpeg2 file with commercials cut out and then let kmttg continue with the rest of the tasks automatically.
NOTE: It's expected that you use VideoRedo to output the cut file. You can use the default VideoRedo output file name with " (02).mpg" suffix or use the conventional "_cut.mpg" suffix when saving the output file in VideoRedo.
Prior to kmttg version 0p7f with this option enabled the commercial cut step was still done by kmttg, but there are certain VideoRedo settings that only work in GUI mode, such as audio boost, so it is more flexible to just output the file from VideoRedo instead.
NOTE: When using this option you normally want to disable Ad Detect task and enable Ad Cut task.

Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote