TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
steven0925
TiVo Junkie

Copy Pretection On Everything

I have Cablevision/Optimum service and I noticed that all of my recorded shows on all of my TiVo boxes are now copy protected. It seems that this started at the same time that Optimum started pushing their new TV To Go service in the last month or so. It smells a lot like they are trying to force people into using this service by quietly making life hard for people with an alternative. Has anyone else had this issue?
steven0925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #2
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Join the unfortunate crowd:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=451107

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven0925 View Post
I have Cablevision/Optimum service and I noticed that all of my recorded shows on all of my TiVo boxes are now copy protected. It seems that this started at the same time that Optimum started pushing their new TV To Go service in the last month or so. It smells a lot like they are trying to force people into using this service by quietly making life hard for people with an alternative. Has anyone else had this issue?
They aren't supposed to be able to do that on local broadcast channels that they "retransmit", but unfortunatly everything else is fair game.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote