TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 118 votes, 4.97 average.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #181
tyheyn

So what's the resolution?

I was happy to see the VP at TiVo on the forum to acknowledge the issue, but it looks like a pretty big fumble on the company's part to allow such a major issue affect a released product.

Is TiVo re-working its tuning protocol in order to try to "lock" onto the signal? Are they still researching the issue? Would be nice to get an update and ETA for a fix from the company. In the meantime, I need to use a second TiVo to ensure all of the "critical" recordings are captured--come on, guys...
tyheyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #182
generaltso

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyheyn View Post
In the meantime, I need to use a second TiVo to ensure all of the "critical" recordings are captured
Why not reduce the number of tuners for now to ensure you don't miss recordings?
generaltso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:45 AM   #183
NJChris
Moogs!

Just got my Roamio Plus.. put in the 3tb drive... put the cablecard in (cisco cablevision 1601 I think firmware).... I'm in Morris county, NJ but I think I'm on the Oakland billing.

Got it working... all 6... then checking out channels and hallmark and some others gave a V58 on one of the tuners... so I put it down to 5 and will wait for the updated firmware.
NJChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:15 AM   #184
tim1724

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1724 View Post
PKM800 PKEY1.5.2_F.p.1601 on Charter (Alhambra, CA) (As far as I can tell, they have NEVER sent out an update. This firmware is from 2009, and I got this card in 2011.)

[...]

I'm hoping it keeps working with all six and that the problems I had at first were just because I needed to reboot after the cablecard got authorized. (I certainly had that sort of thing sometimes when I switched cards in my old Series 3 TiVo.)
ok, so that didn't last. I now occasionally get the V58 on tuner 6 and once while testing got the problem of no audio on tuner 6.

Dropped down to 5 tuners for now, and at some point when I feel like dealing with Charter I'll see if they'll send out an upgrade. Coming from a Series 3, having 5 tuners is already a luxury so I can live with it for a while.

Last edited by tim1724 : 09-06-2013 at 03:00 AM.
tim1724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #185
RSCHOON

Having the same problem as everyone else, pretty annoying. I guess I will drop down to 5 tuners and wait for CV to upgrade the FW of the CC.
RSCHOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:27 PM   #186
Unbeliever
Random Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbeliever View Post
Now it's a different problem. Twice in as many nights, I come home and find out that my premiums have been forgotten. Not a V58 error, but the V53 'can't tune' error.

Power cycling the Tuning Adapter (and only the TA) brings them back until the next day. Well except for once where they were forgotten again in 15 minutes.
*sigh* After a couple nights of stable performance from both the TiVo and the TA, I decide to go turn in the extra cable card at the local store (transitioning from an S3). At the same time, I ask about their current packages, and it turns out I can pay $20 less and get more channels, and that wasn't a promo price. So I agree to the change.

I finish my errands and I come back home to find the Cisco STA1520 doing the "Not Authorized" 8 blink cycle. *sigh* No amount of power-cycling or rebooting on my end got it to un-blink. No amount of CSR "re-hit" or "reauth" cycles would help either, so I get to wait for a technician again for the 3rd time in less than 2 weeks on Monday. The CSR swore up and down that the Charter Store visit didn't de-authorize the TA, and the correct serial number was in the system.

One oddity was during my unplug/replug cycles of the TA, the TiVo popped up a banner. "You plugged in a Tuning Adapter. I can do 6 tuners, but the adapter only supports 4" (even with the TiVo 88634'ed)

Edit: Found a similar situation. It's doing exactly this:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=441541

Looks like Charter screwed up, and all the upper level folks are gone for the weekend, and I can only get the frontline Philippines or Indian CSRs. Anybody know the magic words equivalent to the TWC "Customer Balancing screen" that works on Charter? (It's not like they're not trying. One of the nice things about living in SoCal is that I'm exposed to tons of languages, and they get real friendly when I toss in random Tagalog or Hindi pleasantries. One even called back an hour later to try a few new things he researched.)

--Carlos V.

Last edited by Unbeliever : 09-08-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Unbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:15 AM   #187
NJChris
Moogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSCHOON View Post
Having the same problem as everyone else, pretty annoying. I guess I will drop down to 5 tuners and wait for CV to upgrade the FW of the CC.
I dropped down to 5 and it's working great. At least we know cablevision is testing a new firmware so we should have that fixed relatively soon.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #188
generaltso

What protocol do cable companies use to push out new fw to cable cards? Is there any chance that a PoE filter could be blocking the update?
Old 09-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #189
pmalve

Cox gave me motorola card

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
The Cisco CableCARD Release Bulletin for 1.5.2.3001 lists Fix channel change failure on 6th stream that has Pgm Index=5
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/vide...1.5.2.3001.pdf

However, prior to Cox launching their own 6 tuner DVR they updated all Cisco CableCARDs to 1.5.3_F.p.0601 and Cox is using this same OS Version on their 6 tuner Cisco DVR, the only difference is Cox is using the newest PKM908 CableCARD in their DVR.

The Cisco CableCARD Release Bulletin for 1.5.3.0601
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/vide...1.5.3.0601.pdf
Cox gave me a motorola card which is what they use here in CT which worked fine in premiere XL4 .They also have the cisco 6 tuner boxes available. Can I ask for a cisco card at the solutions store? They never seem to know what im talking about when i have to go there for things.
pmalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #190
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
What protocol do cable companies use to push out new fw to cable cards? Is there any chance that a PoE filter could be blocking the update?
I'm pretty sure it's via the OOB data, which would explain why it takes so long. Even if it isn't, it's going to be in one of the frequencies used by the cable headend. The frequencies that the POE block are outside that range.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #191
generaltso

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
I'm pretty sure it's via the OOB data, which would explain why it takes so long. Even if it isn't, it's going to be in one of the frequencies used by the cable headend. The frequencies that the POE block are outside that range.
That's what I figured. Not sure why I'm not getting the fw update then. I have a PKM800 with 3001, but my PKM801 is still at 1401. The older card with the newer fw and the newer card with the older fw both will only work with 5 tuners.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #192
signcarver

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmalve View Post
Cox gave me a motorola card which is what they use here in CT which worked fine in premiere XL4 .They also have the cisco 6 tuner boxes available. Can I ask for a cisco card at the solutions store? They never seem to know what im talking about when i have to go there for things.
Though simulcrypt does exist in some markets, I have not heard of cox doing this and usually, the cisco box gets a moto card. Chances are they are putting in newer moto cards that do handle the 6 streams properly... from what I can tell based on things I have heard with other 6 stream devices, the moto card may need to be 514517-01x-00 (MCPOD3) I put an x there as I have heard 013, 015 and 017 as working depending on provider but I am not positive they all state MCPOD3 but the key seems to be the "1" over having a "0" in that position.
signcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #193
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
Its at the 75.25Mhz (for Comcast) so MoCA POE will not interfere.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #194
generaltso

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
Its at the 75.25Mhz (for Comcast) so MoCA POE will not interfere.
Thanks. I've been talking to somebody at Comcast Executive Customer Relations, and he's said that the cable card should have updated to 3001 as soon as it was plugged in. Nobody knows why it isn't updating.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #195
Am_I_Evil

just set my Plus to 5 tuners...had a "working" 6th tuner, meaning I could tune sd and non-encrypted hd channels, but that was it...hope this gets resolved soon... cablevision/NDS cablecard

Edit: and of course...now my 5th tuner isn't working...wtf...

has anyone heard an update on the firmware update from cablevision?

Last edited by Am_I_Evil : 09-09-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Am_I_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #196
Smirks
.:. Hello .:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am_I_Evil View Post
just set my Plus to 5 tuners...had a "working" 6th tuner, meaning I could tune sd and non-encrypted hd channels, but that was it...hope this gets resolved soon... cablevision/NDS cablecard

I haven't heard anything from CV and requests for updates on the Yahoo group go unanswered. I'm going to contact Wilt directly to see where things stand.
Smirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #197
NJChris
Moogs!

Quote:

I have all 5 working (6th is an issue with encrypted) on cablevision. What M Card do you have? Mine's the Cisco with 1601 firmware.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #198
Smirks

Heard back from Wilt... I asked if the new firmware would be ready in time for the fall premiers. His response:

Quote:
Unless something goes wrong, yes.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #199
AdamNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirks View Post
Heard back from Wilt... I asked if the new firmware would be ready in time for the fall premiers. His response:
Quote:
Unless something goes wrong, yes.
So it doesn't look like this is much of an update to me. I remember reading on here or elsewhere someone saying that early last week Wilt told them it might be available by the end of the week. Obviously that has come and gone. Now with this response it makes me think still a few more weeks to go.

I'm also concerned about what level of firmware is being testing and if it really does fix the 6th tuner issues since there are 1 or 2 people on here that say they have .2801 or .3001 and still have problems.

on Cablevision Raritan Valley system (Central NJ)
w/ Cisco PKM803 CableCARD on firmware 1.5.3.1101

*** 2013 newbie to Tivo ***
AdamNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #200
generaltso

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNJ View Post
I'm also concerned about what level of firmware is being testing and if it really does fix the 6th tuner issues since there are 1 or 2 people on here that say they have .2801 or .3001 and still have problems.
I have the 3001 firmware on one of my cards, but I still can't use the 6th tuner.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #201
andyf

Version 3001 here and the 6th tuner fails also.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #202
Am_I_Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirks View Post
I'm assuming this is for all cablecards, Cisco, SA, NDS? because I've got NDS...I'd be happy for the Cisco/SA guys but I'm hoping they all can be fixed at once...
Am_I_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #203
pmalve

Quote:
Originally Posted by signcarver View Post
Though simulcrypt does exist in some markets, I have not heard of cox doing this and usually, the cisco box gets a moto card. Chances are they are putting in newer moto cards that do handle the 6 streams properly... from what I can tell based on things I have heard with other 6 stream devices, the moto card may need to be 514517-01x-00 (MCPOD3) I put an x there as I have heard 013, 015 and 017 as working depending on provider but I am not positive they all state MCPOD3 but the key seems to be the "1" over having a "0" in that position.
Cox tech is coming in an hour as they couldn't pair the new card i got to the Roamio. Customer service says all they use is Motorola cards, not sure what they do with there 6 tuner Cisco dvr. All there other equipment here in Ct is Motorola. Tuning adapters are Motorola also.
Not holding out a lot of hope that he will be able to get the 6 tuners working. What screen do I see what kind of Motorola card I have and the firmware number? From what I have read the motorola cards have been one of the more reliable ones for 6 tuners working.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #204
Smirks

Quote:
I'm assuming this is for all cablecards, Cisco, SA, NDS? because I've got NDS...I'd be happy for the Cisco/SA guys but I'm hoping they all can be fixed at once...
I didn't specifically ask in my email to him, and he didn't respond specifically either.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #205
pmalve

Quote:
Originally Posted by signcarver View Post
The card they gave me is 514517-012-00, should that work?
Old 09-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #206
pmalve

Service Call from hell

Had a "technician" here for an hour and now instead of having my xl4 work, i don't have either that or the roamio working. Made me switch cable card from xl4 that was working in the kitchen and put into the roamio in den because according to Cox that was the card that was paired to tuning adapter on roamio. Naturally they can't pair them. Tech was here an hour and said he didn't know what to do and had to go to next job. Had to go to next job as he didn't want to get home late. Understand that they don't deal with tivo's much and I tried to show him the menus but he obviously only knew how to slide card in slot and call it in. I could have done that. Got out of work early for this. What a waste. He told me to stay by the phone for 2 hours and someone will call me.
And was told that Cox cable cards cant get 6 tuners off of 1 card. Maybe Tivo should have put 2 slots.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #207
Unbeliever
Random Nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbeliever View Post
Looks like Charter screwed up, and all the upper level folks are gone for the weekend, and I can only get the frontline Philippines or Indian CSRs.
Yup. The Charter brick and mortar store CSR screwed me up. The magic words are "billing codes" and there's a separate field just for the TA. It was interesting listening to the Senior Tech who came to my house call the store and give the guy a bit of a lecture.

--Carlos V.
Unbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #208
pmalve

1/2 way there

after an hour and a half on the phone with tech support which I had to call back as they didn't call me like they were supposed to got the tuning adapter working again. Cant get the cards paired to be able to get the premium channels. Told me it could take up to an hour and he is supposed to call me back. We'll see if that happens. At least i can watch all the lower channels again so its not like i have a 1000 dollar brick hooked up. I don't think i'm going to be able to get the 6 tuners working but am hoping that when the cable card issues are straightened out i can use the xl4 as my extra tuners with moca. That gives me 8. Turned moca off till the cable cards get straightened out in case it was interfering with them sending the signal to box. .
If we cant get this straightened out might have to return roamio, sell xl4 and get cox's 6 tuner dvr.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #209
pmalve

Success

After 3 hours on the phone with tech support from Cox Have both receivers up and running and am recording six different HBO channels on roamio!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have to say after the horrible tech I had here this afternoon who was an outside contractor for Cox the tech on the phone was very nice and very patient in not giving up. Probably helped that I was very patient to and knew it was some kind of coding signal issue on there end and that it could be fixed.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #210
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmalve View Post
After 3 hours on the phone with tech support from Cox Have both receivers up and running and am recording six different HBO channels on roamio!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have to say after the horrible tech I had here this afternoon who was an outside contractor for Cox the tech on the phone was very nice and very patient in not giving up. Probably helped that I was very patient to and knew it was some kind of coding signal issue on there end and that it could be fixed.
I see you posted you were in CT (Cox New England), I believe Cox New England is Copy Freely except the Premiums, where most Cox markets are Copy Once except the locals, this could be be a factor in success.

Could you tell us which City (Cox market)
Motorola CableCARD Hardware# that worked

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 09-09-2013 at 09:17 PM.
CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote