TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
eddie77

Help, program info not loading.

Hi, I seem to have a problem. I decided to upgrade the hard drive in my tivo HD. Was debating on doing it myself then I happened to see someone selling a 2tb WD green hard drive setup for tivo hd on ebay for $99, so I bought it. Put the drive in, ran a full reset, went through guided setup and everything seemed great. Starting transferring a bunch of programming to it from my near full other tivo HD with 1tb hard drive. After about a week I was done transferring programming but then happened to notice the programming info running low warning. It had loaded a near full 2 weeks of program info the day I set it up, but seemed not to have loaded any info since. I forced it a few times and it was connecting ok and seemed fine but no new info. I did a little reading and decided to hit 0 on the channel menu and change the programming source from one area to another, went thru the partial resetup, then I did this again changing it back, and after a day it once again had close to 2 weeks of program info. But since it has not added any more programming info again. I don't know what to do, called tivo and they had no ideas. This is free hbo weekend, my other tivo gets the hbo channels and this problem one will not, even called fios and we checked everything on their end with no luck. Also my other hd has version 11m software the problem one is still on 11k. Anyone with any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
eddie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Try rebooting it.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
eddie77

I have a couple times, thank you though.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:19 AM   #4
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie77 View Post
Hi, I seem to have a problem. I decided to upgrade the hard drive in my tivo HD. Was debating on doing it myself then I happened to see someone selling a 2tb WD green hard drive setup for tivo hd on ebay for $99, so I bought it. Put the drive in, ran a full reset, went through guided setup and everything seemed great. Starting transferring a bunch of programming to it from my near full other tivo HD with 1tb hard drive. After about a week I was done transferring programming but then happened to notice the programming info running low warning. It had loaded a near full 2 weeks of program info the day I set it up, but seemed not to have loaded any info since. I forced it a few times and it was connecting ok and seemed fine but no new info. I did a little reading and decided to hit 0 on the channel menu and change the programming source from one area to another, went thru the partial resetup, then I did this again changing it back, and after a day it once again had close to 2 weeks of program info. But since it has not added any more programming info again. I don't know what to do, called tivo and they had no ideas. This is free hbo weekend, my other tivo gets the hbo channels and this problem one will not, even called fios and we checked everything on their end with no luck. Also my other hd has version 11m software the problem one is still on 11k. Anyone with any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Before you switched over to the eBay drive, did you check to see if the drive you were using had already gotten 11.0m?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #5
eddie77

No I didn't think of it at the time, would it make a difference?
Old 09-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
eddie77

Does it matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
Before you switched over to the eBay drive, did you check to see if the drive you were using had already gotten 11.0m?
Does it matter if the tivo was running 11m and the drive was on 11k? Could this be causing the problems I'm having and be the reason why it won't update to 11m?
Old 09-11-2013, 12:38 AM   #7
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie77 View Post
Does it matter if the tivo was running 11m and the drive was on 11k? Could this be causing the problems I'm having and be the reason why it won't update to 11m?
I don't know if your TiVo Service Number is marked in their database as "Already got 11.0m" or "Check each time to make sure it's at 11.0m and update if it's not", cause I don't know how they handle it, so I don't know if you're trapped into never getting it again or not.

And I don't know if that would make a difference in how the TiVo does everything else, like downloading guide data, because as far as I know the update is only supposed to fix the "expired cookie" problem that interfered with copying to PC via TiVo Desktop (and apparently the open source alternatives for Desktop).

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:30 AM   #8
Arcady
Stargate Fan

I haven't tried this with a Series3, but I had a Premiere hard drive fail and I used the original 320GB drive to image a new 2TB. The old drive still had version 14.x on it. At the first boot in the Premiere, it immediately updated itself to 20.x, even though the same TiVo had already been on the latest version before the drive failed.
Two TiVo Minis

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote