TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
Mroy

Roamio Plus Power Cycles Cable Modem?

I'm starting to think Obama might have better luck with Syria than me with my Roamio and Comcast. Anyways, I had a premiere and have not been able to get any channels to show up. Comcast said it was the box. So I got a Roamio Plus. Same problem. The root of the problem with the box is that the cable card has never been able to validate on my end. Comcast says it is validated on their end, but my conditional access screen shows a ? Next to val. So that is that problem.

Additionally, another odd issue is that any time the Roamio does a connect to the TiVo service, it power cycles my cable modem. I have an older Motorola Surfboard modem that works fine for internet and do not have this problem at all the premiere. I was able to do guided setup fine initially but as Comcast and I were playing with issues yesterday, when we tried to connect to the service this happened every time. Anyone else seen this?
Mroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mroy View Post
I'm starting to think Obama might have better luck with Syria than me with my Roamio and Comcast. Anyways, I had a premiere and have not been able to get any channels to show up. Comcast said it was the box. So I got a Roamio Plus. Same problem. The root of the problem with the box is that the cable card has never been able to validate on my end. Comcast says it is validated on their end, but my conditional access screen shows a ? Next to val. So that is that problem.

Additionally, another odd issue is that any time the Roamio does a connect to the TiVo service, it power cycles my cable modem. I have an older Motorola Surfboard modem that works fine for internet and do not have this problem at all the premiere. I was able to do guided setup fine initially but as Comcast and I were playing with issues yesterday, when we tried to connect to the service this happened every time. Anyone else seen this?
The VAL ? is sure a problem, it means that your cable pairing information is not getting to the card, when over the years, this happen to me I would make an appointment for a Comcast tech to come out at least two days later, and within a day or so the VAL ? went to VAL V and all worked as it should, canceled the appointment.
Never heard of a modem re-boot without loss of power, and the phone/modem Comcast supplied to me has a battery backup built in.