TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #1
bbrown9

Copy wishlists from premiere to roamio?

Is there a way to transfer wishlists from a premiere to a roamio? I'm using kmttg to transfer the season passes, but I don't see a way to transfer wish lists.
bbrown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
Smirks
.:. Hello .:.

My wishlists transferred with kmttg. They were grouped with the SPs.
Smirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
moyekj

I think OP is talking about non auto-record wishlists (which are not season passes). I have not found any way using RPC to save/restore those.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
mattack

stupid question - if you turn a 'regular' wishlist into an autorecording wishlist (turn ON recording), transfer that, is it then ALSO a 'regular' wishlist?

i.e. can you make it auto-recording, transfer it, then turn off autorecording on the destination? Lots of steps, but seemingly easier than recreating for a complex one..
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:23 PM   #5
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
stupid question - if you turn a 'regular' wishlist into an autorecording wishlist (turn ON recording), transfer that, is it then ALSO a 'regular' wishlist?

i.e. can you make it auto-recording, transfer it, then turn off autorecording on the destination? Lots of steps, but seemingly easier than recreating for a complex one..
Yes, that would mostly work except for naming of the wishlist - that gets thrown out and complex wishlists would get same name as if you created by hand without changing the name.

Example, if I have a wishlist to match title "NFL Football" and a keyword "Dolphins" that I name "My Football Games". When copying the name on the TiVo would become something like "NFL Football | Dolphins" (i.e. discarding the customized name I made).

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:32 AM   #6
Joe Siegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Example, if I have a wishlist to match title "NFL Football" and a keyword "Dolphins" that I name "My Football Games". When copying the name on the TiVo would become something like "NFL Football | Dolphins" (i.e. discarding the customized name I made).
I wonder what it would do with the one that I have that has like 40 different actors in it, all listed "optional". I wonder if it would get all that.

Still, I did some poking around with kmttg tonight, and it will get things set to auto record, but the 50 or so that aren't I'll have to either copy myself, or temprarily make them all set to auto record, and then turn them off on the destination TiVo.

TiVo Roamio 75hr unmodified, TiVo Roamio 316hr/2TB, both OTA only.
Joe Siegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #7
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
I wonder what it would do with the one that I have that has like 40 different actors in it, all listed "optional". I wonder if it would get all that.
+1

I have an ARWL for the Virgin Islands. One of the search terms is "St. John". Turns out there are 420 actors named "XXX St. John". So I have slowly added dozens & dozens of them over time, with a -(xxx) filter.

Recreating that one will be fun.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #8
Joe Siegler

For the record, mine is a list of all the primary actors who have appeared in 50 years of Doctor Who, with "Doctor Who" blocked out in the title. That way I can see what else they've done.

TiVo Roamio 75hr unmodified, TiVo Roamio 316hr/2TB, both OTA only.
Joe Siegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #9
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
For the record, mine is a list of all the primary actors who have appeared in 50 years of Doctor Who, with "Doctor Who" blocked out in the title. That way I can see what else they've done.

astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote