TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
jscozz

Transfer season passes with kmttg

I think I must be missing something very simple here... I am trying to transfer seaosn passes from old S3 to Roamio Pro. SPM on Tivo.com won't transfer most of them saying they are either not in the next 14 days or the channel lineup is different... all channels are the same on both units.

So I installed kmttg. First time user. I see all my Tivos in tabs. I can refresh each and see the entire list of recordings on each. BUT, if I go to the Remote tab, and select Season Passes, only the new Roamio appears in the drop down. I can't load and save the season passes from my other units since they are not in the dropdown. What am I missing?
jscozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
jscozz

Oops... I think I answered my own question... look slike kmttg Remote tab only works with Premier Tivos or later.

So, then I guess the question becomes, how can I get SPM to transfer all my Season passes, even if there is no episode coming up? Or is there another reason why the SPM transfer is failing?
Old 09-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscozz View Post
I think I must be missing something very simple here... I am trying to transfer seaosn passes from old S3 to Roamio Pro. SPM on Tivo.com won't transfer most of them saying they are either not in the next 14 days or the channel lineup is different... all channels are the same on both units.

So I installed kmttg. First time user. I see all my Tivos in tabs. I can refresh each and see the entire list of recordings on each. BUT, if I go to the Remote tab, and select Season Passes, only the new Roamio appears in the drop down. I can't load and save the season passes from my other units since they are not in the dropdown. What am I missing?
If you have series 3 units if you enter your tivo.com login and password under kmttg config-Tivos tab then kmttg will list series 3 units in the Remote drop downs as well.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
jscozz

Excellent! Thank you. That worked.

Now I see a large number of my SP failing when I copy them to the Roamio... the error is "RPC error response: Unable to get channel"... but the channel listed in the SP in kmttg is definitely tunable on the Roamio. Is there something else I need to do?

And if I copy again, will it double write the ones that succeeded before or is it smart enough to not copy those again?
Old 09-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #5
Goober96

Quote:

Now I see a large number of my SP failing when I copy them to the Roamio... the error is "RPC error response: Unable to get channel"... but the channel listed in the SP in kmttg is definitely tunable on the Roamio. Is there something else I need to do?

And if I copy again, will it double write the ones that succeeded before or is it smart enough to not copy those again?
This happened on mine on channels where guide data hasn't populated yet.
Goober96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #6
jscozz

Hmmm. I have kicked off 6-7 call ins over the last day. Any other way to get guide data to populate?
Old 09-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #7
moyekj

Quote:
kmttg avoids duplicating existing SPs. Not sure about the channel mismatch. As long as the channel numbers and callsigns match between S3 channel list and Roamio channel list it should work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #8
Smirks
.:. Hello .:.

Quote:

Same thing happened for me, even though the channels were tuneable. The problem for me was twofold:

1) The channel lineup didn't have the missing channels "checked".
2) Once checked the guide data wasn't populated.

To eventually transfer the "broken" SPs I had to:

1) Check the missing channels in the lineup.
2) Re-run guided setup to get the guide data.

Once the channels were in the lineup and the guide data was present the SPs transferred without any problems.
Smirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #9
jscozz

OK.. So just doing a dial in does not get the guide data... ok. makes sense... I have gone through every menu to try to find where to kick off another Guided Set up... where did they hide it?
Old 09-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #10
Smirks
.:. Hello .:.

Not in front of the TiVo at the moment, but if memory serves it was under "Help" from TiVO Central.
Smirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #11
Goober96

Quote:
OK.. So just doing a dial in does not get the guide data... ok. makes sense... I have gone through every menu to try to find where to kick off another Guided Set up... where did they hide it?
It's under Help - Restart.
Goober96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #12
jscozz

Thanks! Found it. I would have never thought to look under Help, let alone Restart, which implies immediately, no sub menus...
Old 09-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #13
KnordRW

I love kmttg, it's way better than using the season pass manager on tivo.com. However, I'm having an odd issue with copying ONE of my season passes, and I'm not sure what the issue is. The season pass is for "Once Upon A Time" on ABC, and every time I try to copy it to the Roamio Pro, I get the error: "RPC error response: unknown collection". I searched for that error and it's supposedly because there's no upcoming episodes of the show (which is what using kmttg is supposed to fix), but that can't be so because I have other shows with no upcoming episodes that the season passes transferred over fine.

Anyone have any idea what the issue might be here with just this one season pass?
KnordRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #14
jscozz

Worked perfectly! Guided setup, call to get channel data, and now all SP copy properly! Excellent! Thank you all very much. I have a very happy wife right now!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #15
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnordRW View Post
I love kmttg, it's way better than using the season pass manager on tivo.com. However, I'm having an odd issue with copying ONE of my season passes, and I'm not sure what the issue is. The season pass is for "Once Upon A Time" on ABC, and every time I try to copy it to the Roamio Pro, I get the error: "RPC error response: unknown collection". I searched for that error and it's supposedly because there's no upcoming episodes of the show (which is what using kmttg is supposed to fix), but that can't be so because I have other shows with no upcoming episodes that the season passes transferred over fine.

Anyone have any idea what the issue might be here with just this one season pass?
That is odd. Just for grins I tried copying my "Once Upon a Time" SP from my Elite to my Premiere (which doesn't have that SP) and that worked for me. I didn't try copying to my Roamio because it already has it - I originally copied all my Elite & Premiere SPs to my Roamio when I 1st got my Roamio and all worked without issue.

Just out of curiosity you can try posting what the collectionId of your source "Once Upon a Time" SP is. From originating TiVo refresh the SP list on kmttg and then select the "Once Upon a Time" SP and press "j" on your keyboard, then look for collectionId under idSetSource. Mine is (same on Elite & Roamio units):
idSetSource={"collectionId":"tivo:cl.183496861 ...}

I don't know if that number changes with different lineups or not or if it's unique to the series itself.

Old 09-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #16
KnordRW

Hm, that seems to be the issue here....mine's "tivo:cl.0". Pretty sure that's not supposed to be just a 0. This season pass was copied using the tivo.com season pass manager between Premiere XLs back in late May, when we dropped one for a Mini, and then was copied to where it is now using kmttg a month ago when I got an XL4 (yeah tell me about how horrible my timing was on that). So it hasn't actually recorded any episodes on the XL4 yet. Is there any way to edit that number so I can see if yours works?
Old 09-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #17
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnordRW View Post
Hm, that seems to be the issue here....mine's "tivo:cl.0". Pretty sure that's not supposed to be just a 0. This season pass was copied using the tivo.com season pass manager between Premiere XLs back in late May, when we dropped one for a Mini, and then was copied to where it is now using kmttg a month ago when I got an XL4 (yeah tell me about how horrible my timing was on that). So it hasn't actually recorded any episodes on the XL4 yet. Is there any way to edit that number so I can see if yours works?
Yes. When you save an sp file it's just an ascii text file. So you can find the entry in the saved sp file, update the number and then load the file again in kmttg and then see if the copy works.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #18
KnordRW

I think those numbers must be unique to something. I copied it into my sp file and saved it, and the season pass did seem to copy with no problems, but on the Roamio it doesn't seem to have any metadata. Then I looked back at the XL4 version, and that seems to be missing metadata too. Something must have gotten lost someplace. Wish list search it is. :-)