TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #151
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Hey Jan. I'm kind of a newbie to all this stuff myself. It's pretty straight forward to get PyTivo working if you follow the step by step instructions, but anything off the beaten path and I'm pretty useless. There are some really advanced users here that helped me get set up the first time. I'm sure they'll be around to help you too. It's an awesome program. I've never had a single problem with it once I got it installed.

Last edited by bareyb : 12-16-2012 at 08:08 PM.
bareyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:24 AM   #152
kermitfrog

lost....

Hi! Thank you very much for such a great post! Everything that I want in a nutshell! I'm stuck tho... not sure if I did something wrong... Terrible embarrassing that I'm stuck in the first section.. no nifty little icon with the name 'movies' on it.. Can anybody help?
kermitfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #153
Iluvatar

My OS X FFmpeg build has been updated for those interested:

http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/forum/...s-x-t1803.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
for OS X
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:18 AM   #154
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvatar View Post
My OS X FFmpeg build has been updated for those interested:

http://pytivo.sourceforge.net/forum/...s-x-t1803.html
Thank you for the heads up. Just downloaded it.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #155
jtso

Launcher App

I'm installing pyTivo according to bareyb's instructions. However I'm having trouble with Fofer's pyTivo launcher app. After downloading it and trying to run it, I get an error message saying that it is "damaged and can't be opened."

Any ideas?

Otherwise, pyTivo is running fine.

(Running Mountain Lion on a MacBook Pro)
jtso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #156
ShayL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtso View Post
I'm installing pyTivo according to bareyb's instructions. However I'm having trouble with Fofer's pyTivo launcher app. After downloading it and trying to run it, I get an error message saying that it is "damaged and can't be opened."

Any ideas?

Otherwise, pyTivo is running fine.

(Running Mountain Lion on a MacBook Pro)
That sounds like gate keeper is blocking it: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5290?v...S&locale=en_US
ShayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #157
jtso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayL View Post
That sounds like gate keeper is blocking it: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5290?v...S&locale=en_US
Yes thank you, that seems to be it. Assuming that the app is not really "damaged", is there a way to get it to work?
Old 02-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #158
jtso

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtso View Post
Yes thank you, that seems to be it. Assuming that the app is not really "damaged", is there a way to get it to work?
Got it to work by changing the security settings in System Preferences.

Thanks for pointing me to this.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:23 AM   #159
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
FYI: Updated the information on the Main Pages to reflect the new GUI and the ability to download H.264 files natively without pyTiVo having to convert it. It's SMOKIN' FAST. I downloaded an hour and a half H.264 in about 20 seconds.

Last edited by bareyb : 05-11-2013 at 01:25 AM.
bareyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #160
wco81

This is interesting stuff.

So is there a way to stream videos to the Tivo or can you only download it (and presumably transcode it at the same time?)?

Does ffmpeg support all the codecs which might be used in mkv and other formats or is it only mpeg, as the name suggests?
wco81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #161
Wil
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanoanian View Post
all you have to do is right click the pyTivoX application icon, choose "Show Package Contents" and drag the latest versions of ffmpeg, wmcbrine pytivo, and streambaby to the Resources folder.
Is this accurate? Seems too good (easy) to be true.

What about .dylib files?

Last edited by Wil : 09-27-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #162
djl25
C64 hacker

Has anyone gotten this to work? I followed the instructions on the wiki, and it will work for me one time. If the computer is turned off and then back on, pyTivo does not start. I have a similar situation, and it would be really convenient to start on boot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottE22 View Post
I store our media files on a HD attached to our family iMac - my kids use it primarily. They both have their own logins.

With our current Roku setup, I usually login to the iMac and then use fast-user switching to put up the login window for the kids. That way my account has the little orange checkmark next to it and always stays logged in so that Plex Media Server (and a couple other servers) can be running which serves up our movies to the Roku. This is rarely a problem as long as I get myself logged in first whenever the iMac reboots.

In setting up our new TiVo Premiere, I am wondering whether I could place the pyTiVo launch file into the /launchdaemons folder instead of /launchagents and have it launch on boot instead of on login. Admittedly, I don't have a very deep understanding of how UNIX logins and daemons work so I could be imagining a solution that won't work.

It's certainly not a deal-breaker, but it would sure be nice not to have to worry about logging in my account any time we re-boot.

Thoughts?

djl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #163
sandyjasmine

Thanks so much Barey, for taking the time to do this fabulous tutorial. It was really helpful

I wonder what I am doing wrong
Ctivo works fine for me.

I got PyTivo up and running, but my Movies folder on my Tivo has no movies on it.
Do you have any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Jas
sandyjasmine is offline   Reply With Quote