TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
jwbelcher

Brighthouse CFL / Orlando Blackscreen

I've had the same black screen tuning issues reported by others in the forum. My issues appear to be tuning adapter related with SDV channels failing regularly. I've seen "Channel Not Available", "Problem with the signal..", and just the black screen with DVR diagnostics having resolution status pending indefinitely.

Tomorrow I have a truck roll to check signal strength. Unfortunately I've tried signal boosters, removing splitters, reducing tuner counts, swapping both cable cards and tuning adapters with no resolution.

Hopefully the tech finds something, but I'm curious if anyone is having success or similar issues on Brighthouse CFL. I'd love to hear that someones having success in this area b/c at this point I'm at a loss.
jwbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
tivoknucklehead

I have bright house central fllorida and a Roamio and a premiere and find the tuning adapters and cable cards very stable. Sounds like you might have cabling issues
tivoknucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
jwbelcher

Thanks, that gives me some hope.

Just had a truck roll - tech checked signal levels which all looked good. However, he wanted to blame my black screen on certain channels as a HDMI issue supporting 720p. Even when the channel banner was present and no program information. After that, he wanted to say that they dont support more than 2 tuners. I can see in the diagnostics both the CC and TA both have 6 tuners each.

Btw, do you have 4 or 6 tuner Roamio? I wonder if this is an issue with my Roamio Pro...
jwbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
tivoknucklehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbelcher View Post
Thanks, that gives me some hope.

Just had a truck roll - tech checked signal levels which all looked good. However, he wanted to blame my black screen on certain channels as a HDMI issue supporting 720p. Even when the channel banner was present and no program information. After that, he wanted to say that they dont support more than 2 tuners. I can see in the diagnostics both the CC and TA both have 6 tuners each.

Btw, do you have 4 or 6 tuner Roamio? I wonder if this is an issue with my Roamio Pro...
6 tuner Pro and I get all 6
tivoknucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote