TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
wco81

Roamio and Mini set up FAQ?

Just got my Cable Card installed this morning.

It was tuning in okay. I let the Comcast installer know I only wanted one outlet, I would deal with the Mini in the bedroom.

So is there a FAQ? Or here are some questions right away.

1. I purchased both with Lifetimes. Do I need to activate or something? I admit I haven't gone though the complete guide yet.

2. One coax on the Roamio, which comes from the splitter. I have ethernet connected to my router.

So the same splitter feeds the coax into the other room.

So would I just connect the coax to the Mini and they should communicate over the splitter?

I asked for a 2 Ghz splitter and he said they only have 2 or 3 ways and installed what looks pretty old.

I did buy a Monster Cable 2 Ghz splitter from Amazon.

One concern I had was whethr the RG59 built into the walls of my 30-year old townhouse would perform well enough.
wco81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #2
wco81

OK finished setup, which required identifying which cable service.

Put in a couple of season passes but the guide data is woefully inadequate, doesn't seem to go beyond Friday.

It's been a couple of hours now.

Searched for McLaughlin Group and Inside Washington. Can't find either. So I went to the guide and found McLaughlin Group for Friday but it still doesn't let me save as SP. The broadcast schedule is really irregular for the MG. It lets me save as a Wish List and is suppose to automatically record.

Inside Washington doesn't air until Sunday so we'll see.

Surprised that Tivo can't find stuff Direct TV can. And it's taking a long time to populate the guide data.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #3
Icarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
OK finished setup, which required identifying which cable service.

Put in a couple of season passes but the guide data is woefully inadequate, doesn't seem to go beyond Friday.

It's been a couple of hours now.

Searched for McLaughlin Group and Inside Washington. Can't find either. So I went to the guide and found McLaughlin Group for Friday but it still doesn't let me save as SP. The broadcast schedule is really irregular for the MG. It lets me save as a Wish List and is suppose to automatically record.

Inside Washington doesn't air until Sunday so we'll see.

Surprised that Tivo can't find stuff Direct TV can. And it's taking a long time to populate the guide data.
That will all clear up with a few more calls, force a call if you are impatient.

The first call or two just gets you some initial (a day or two) guide data to get you going.

-David
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:10 AM   #4
wco81

Actually the guide has populated.

I went to the trouble of picking favorites channel on the DVR but they don't show up in the Tivo app.