TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #181
LlamaLarry

I thought James got totally boned with the "Final Four, oops, too close to call, let's stay at Final Five" business. It seems like his "advantage" should have carried over to the next challenge set since the judges and production negated it.

I agree that James made a series of boneheaded moves (uncooked chicken and unset panna cotta) but it just seems lame to put him in the Final Four based on his performance in a challenge and then take it back based on the performance of others in a challenge he did not get to participate in.
LlamaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #182
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

I really don't care who wins as long as it's not krissi, but James leaving under these circumstances really sucks. The 3 stooges should have done their jobs and chose a loser rather than punking out or they should have had Natasha, Jessie, and Krissi (not Luca because he had the best dish and not James because he already made it to the final 4) make one of the other dishes. But I'd really prefer they had just not punked out to begin with.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #183
Zephyr

I was an early Krissi critic. She and/or editors have toned down the mouth and more recently she has been honest and humble with her feelings. Ramsay sees something there most don't yet. I hope he is right. So, she has earned her way back in as far as I'm concerned. Luca has been gradually earning his way to the top. So, I hope the final challenges are comprehensive tests of their skills and not like that zany dessert thing in a fish bowl!

I believe there were two separate challenges of "taste this and make this...." All four have responded remarkably! Good final four!
Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #184
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
I was an early Krissi critic. She and/or editors have toned down the mouth and more recently she has been honest and humble with her feelings. Ramsay sees something there most don't yet. I hope he is right. So, she has earned her way back in as far as I'm concerned. Luca has been gradually earning his way to the top. So, I hope the final challenges are comprehensive tests of their skills and not like that zany dessert thing in a fish bowl!

I believe there were two separate challenges of "taste this and make this...." All four have responded remarkably! Good final four!
What show are YOU watching????

How about all that "She used pre-made pastry" comments after she took a dump on her plate and then resented the winners!!
Old 08-31-2013, 11:22 PM   #185
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post

I don't think anyone doubts her ability to cook, the problem is her ugly, hypocritical, attitude and inability to not mouth off at every possible opportunity.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #186
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post

I don't think anyone doubts her ability to cook, the problem is her ugly, hypocritical, attitude and inability to not mouth off at every possible opportunity.
Well said.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #187
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
"Ability to cook"? Isn't the winner based on who they think can sell the most copies of a cookbook of their recipes? (That's pretty much how the first season came across.)

Then again, where's Jennifer Behm's cookbook?
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:29 AM   #188
Cearbhaill
I was provoked

I really want to try that Pork Noodle soup.
If I can find a recipe I'm going for it.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #189
LlamaLarry

The pork soup does look good and I am surprised Krissi could pull it off since that is nor her area of food experience. I have eaten Pho hundreds of times in dozens of restaurants. I tried to make it at home once and even had a recipe - the broth was not even close.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:56 AM   #190
debtoine
WTTWDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
"Ability to cook"? Isn't the winner based on who they think can sell the most copies of a cookbook of their recipes? (That's pretty much how the first season came across.)

Then again, where's Jennifer Behm's cookbook?
http://www.delawaretoday.com/Delawar...in-Wilmington/

She didn't get a cookbook deal.

Toine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

debtoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #191
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by debtoine View Post
Strange...the show description at Fox.com says that (a) a cookbook deal is part of the prize, and (b) Behm is "currently working on her first cookbook" (although it's not clear if it has anything to do with winning MasterChef); however, the description on Fox's main MasterChef website leaves the cookbook deal out of the prize description.
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #192
aaronwt
HD Addict

I watched the two hour episode on Sunday. Even my GF watched most of it and enjoyed it. She got a good laugh out of Krissi and her remarks.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #193
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by debtoine View Post

http://www.delawaretoday.com/Delawar...in-Wilmington/

Toine
I know I watched it but am not remembering her. Guess it didn't have that much of an impact on me.

sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #194
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushikitten View Post
I know I watched it but am not remembering her. Guess it didn't have that much of an impact on me.
Same with me, I don't remember her at all. I remember Whitney from S1 and Christine from S3 though.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #195
dthmj
Hinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
Same with me, I don't remember her at all. I remember Whitney from S1 and Christine from S3 though.
Me too! I thought I saw all the MC seasons - but drawing a complete blank on her.

- Gaming Blog

- My brand new personal blog!
dthmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #196
dthmj
Hinky

Ok, I just googled it. I probably don't remember her because I didn't want her to win.

But I do remember the season now.

- Gaming Blog

Old 09-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #197
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
"Ability to cook"? Isn't the winner based on who they think can sell the most copies of a cookbook of their recipes?
Uhm, no, it's not.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #198
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

I was heartbroken to see Krissi get the boot, but it made the next hour of the show so much easier to watch that I got over it very quickly.

Krissi? Krissi who?
Old 09-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #199
jasrub

Quote:
I was heartbroken to see Krissi get the boot, but it made the next hour of the show so much easier to watch that I got over it very quickly.

Krissi? Krissi who?
I was actually surprised the producers allowed her to be kicked off.. I'm sure all the drama she brought was great for ratings. I suppose they could only allow her to stay for only so long.
jasrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #200
Flop

Yay, the bitch is gone.
Flop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #201
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flop View Post
Yay, the bitch is gone.
Crap! I haven't watched it yet and saw this spoiler. I wish she would have at least made it to the final two.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #202
sharkster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flop View Post
Yay, the bitch is gone.
This pleases me to no end. That woman nauseated me on a level that is difficult to even describe. There were a few better than her that didn't make it that far, so I was elated to see her freaking FINALLY get the ax. Truly, truly elated. I don't mean to sound schadenfreudey or anything, but it's lovely to see true contenders left to compete without all the ugliness.

I'm only now in the middle of the second hour but I am already enjoying the show about a thousand times more with 'it' gone.

Now, for the finale, IIRC, don't they usually bring back the others as teams for the final two? I would love to think that she would not be among that group so that it could be a nice, clean competition without the hideousness she brings. She just doesn't EVER play well with others.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #203
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post

Now, for the finale, IIRC, don't they usually bring back the others as teams for the final two? I would love to think that she would not be among that group so that it could be a nice, clean competition without the hideousness she brings. She just doesn't EVER play well with others.
I think it would be better if the person who picks second goes, "eh, I don't need her, have her sit out I rather be a man down then have to babysit and deal with her drama." That would be an awesome slap in the face to her.

Also no comment on picking something you have never worked with to get into the finale? What an epic boneheaded move!

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #204
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Go Luca!
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #205
dthmj
Hinky

I've been rooting for Luca since day 1. He's a nice guy, and he can cook. No wonder he has a hot wife.

- Gaming Blog

Old 09-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #206
LlamaLarry

I really thought that it was going to be a Luca/Jessie finale. Natasha seems like a perfectly fine cook, I just think the other two are more "likable". I am sure that some of the coarseness I disliked about Natasha on the show was to add extra drama and friction with the others, especially Krissi.

Have the contestants actually been on site for 3 months straight? I've never really understood how normal people do these reality shows. Are they all given a stipend in addition to room and board or are these people all able to not work for months at a time? Another reality show (the Bear Grylls survival one) was 5 months!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #207
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

How was that Bear Grylls show 5 months? Did they eat beans and rice between all that, or were they eating normal?
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #208
dthmj
Hinky

While this was from last year's show - it's probably pretty much the same.

http://www.thebraiser.com/masterchef...sts-interview/

They shoot 6 days a week for 11 weeks. Article also has some other behind the scenes details.

- Gaming Blog

Old 09-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #209
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaLarry View Post
Have the contestants actually been on site for 3 months straight? I've never really understood how normal people do these reality shows. Are they all given a stipend in addition to room and board or are these people all able to not work for months at a time? Another reality show (the Bear Grylls survival one) was 5 months!
Yes, they get a stipend... at least on some shows (probably most if not all that take a long time).

Umm, people can take unpaid leave, etc... and with the stipend still pay their rent or whatever.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:47 PM   #210
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaLarry View Post
I really thought that it was going to be a Luca/Jessie finale. Natasha seems like a perfectly fine cook, I just think the other two are more "likable". I am sure that some of the coarseness I disliked about Natasha on the show was to add extra drama and friction with the others, especially Krissi.

I'm certainly glad that Jessie didn't make it to the final two. People talk about Krissi but Jessie's true colors showed with the last episode. People talk about Krissi being a bad person, Jessie was just as ugly with her remarks. I think it's actually worse. At least Krissi was consistent throughout. While Jessie was putting on a show until she showed her true colors.