Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #61
trainman
Nice to see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
They've never actually said. I think the book was in Maine, so it is assumed.
Publicity before the show started said it was Pennsylvania.

The boat Big Jim used had a North Carolina registration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfs
My suggestion to the writers for season 2, the whole season should start from dome day, however be from the perspective of the outside world.
Sure, but only if they show life gradually becoming more and more Utopian, culminating in the final episode with the realization that everyone who was holding humanity back from achieving its full potential was trapped under the dome.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #62
andyw715

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post

That makes sense the lake is actually the intracoastal waterway.
andyw715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #63
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
Publicity before the show started said it was Pennsylvania.

So the lake must be on the border between North Carolina and Pennsylvania...
Old 09-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #64
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
So the lake must be on the border between North Carolina and Pennsylvania...
Help, I'm under water.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #65
sharkster

Well, it's pretty much all been said. Like many of you, I'm about 101% sure that I'm out for S02. I really don't care what happens to ANYBODY in this story, probably mostly because the writing is so bad and the characters don't interest me in the least. But I'll hang for the rest of this season.

I can't even imagine where this story could go and also agree that it should have just been a mini-series.

Not liking Big Jim one iota, so I do hope that we get to see him offed before this season ends. Looks like he really put it to Barbie, however, so it's hard to see how he can get out of that mess.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #66
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
Not liking Big Jim one iota, so I do hope that we get to see him offed before this season ends. Looks like he really put it to Barbie, however, so it's hard to see how he can get out of that mess.
Having never owned a gun, is it true a gun leaves a residue on a person's hands when firing the gun? If so, you take both Barbie and Big Jim in to be tested.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #67
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post

Help, I'm under water.
Me, too. Glub. Glub.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #68
danterner
Not it!

Quote:

Having never owned a gun, is it true a gun leaves a residue on a person's hands when firing the gun? If so, you take both Barbie and Big Jim in to be tested.
Take them in where?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #69
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Take them in where?
Hospital?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #70
Numb And Number2

Adding to my prediction a couple eps ago that the dead will rise I will be the first I've heard to suggest a portal providing passage in and out of the dome will be discovered.
Numb And Number2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #71
laria
Librocubicularist

This show is so bad it's making me reconsider reading the book that I bought months and months ago because everyone said it was so good.

I can't stop watching though. I need to find out what idiotic thing they are going to do next week.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #72
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
My extensive experience as a watcher of many criminal investigation shows tells me this is true.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #73
getreal
postcrastinator

My theory:
The dome was actually a gigantic meteorite which crushed the entire town instantaneously. What we are seeing is everybody in Purgatory.

Yeah, I was a fan of LOST too.

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:03 AM   #74
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
My theory:
The dome was actually a gigantic meteorite which crushed the entire town instantaneously. What we are seeing is everybody in Purgatory.

Yeah, I was a fan of LOST too.
You poor man.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #75
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
This show is so bad it's making me reconsider reading the book that I bought months and months ago because everyone said it was so good.

I can't stop watching though. I need to find out what idiotic thing they are going to do next week.
I thought the concept of Under the Dome was interesting. I watched the first three or four episodes and was more underwhelmed with each one. Then I found out it wasn't a mini-series and quit the show. I picked up the book instead. Finished it last night. It was leaps and bounds better than the show. I really enjoyed it. As with most of King's works, the ending left a bit to be desired, but the journey to get there was interesting enough.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #76
wprager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene S View Post
So Barbie was sucking the air out of Reds chest.... He must have went to one crazy Combat Skills Training before going to Iraq. I especially liked how after he sucked the air out, he turned his head and blew away from pen, so it wouldn't go back into her chest. Lol
Maybe he was actually supposed to be sucking out liquid, but their budget for SFX was blown on the Cool Hwip clouds and they couldn't add the gross liquid being spat out.
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #77
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels View Post
I wonder what cord Barbie used to make his mobile phone's alarm disconnect the power to the plant? Thank god he is part time electrician when he isn't busy doing major surgery with a pen and some tubing. I think MacGyver Barbie will be just fine out on his own in the wild.
Worse yet, if you look closely, the wire disconnected as he connected it! Then, next scene, they are tightly wrapped around the generator connectors

Maybe the dome fixed the wiring
Tivo (S2-retired, 500gb HD, 2 units)
TivoHD (2tb HD, chip mod, 2 units)
Tivo Premiere (2tb HD)
Tivo Premiere4 (2tb (JMFS) HD)

Last edited by philhu : 09-09-2013 at 12:58 PM.
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #78
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
the only thing ridiculous about it is that in order to use such a system, the Army guys would first have to somehow teach the people inside what each of the symbols mean, which brings them right back to square one with no way to communicate.
Or, wait...wait for it....Maybe they can use ENGLISH LETTERS, string them together to make WORDS, and then......ummmm..Sentences!!!!!

My question is where did the outside world come from? Didn't the bomb the crap out of the dome and the outside was completely burned?

Now, it looks just like normal outside and even better, when the kids touched the dome, they panned outside and there is still a neighborhood out there. Noone outside is curious to see inside? Noone outside tries to communicate with people a few feet away on their street?

This is the most bizarre part. In the book, people communicated all over the place, heck, even the phones worked (When the army wanted them too).
'
Tivo Premiere (2tb HD)
Old 09-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #79
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Quote:

The book is totally different and is VERY GOOD! I really cannot believe Stephen King allowed this drivvel to be made out of it. OH BTW, I hated the ending in the book. I'm watching to see if the show can surpass the bad ending of the book!!!!
Tivo Premiere (2tb HD)
Old 09-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #80
sharkster

Quote:
Oh, totally! But it doesn't look like that's what will happen. This police 'force' seems to be particularly ineffective.

I have never owned a gun either, but I watch a lot of true crime so it does seem that there w/b GSR on the shooter's hand. I don't know how long it lasts, though.

But that was my thought, too, re: testing the hands of both of them. There was no evidence that Barbie shot anybody (since he didn't), but there would have been extensive evidence that Jim Bob DID. Next thing we saw was Barbie being arrested and, IIRC, Jim over at the radio station spouting off with this case against Barbie.

It will be (mildly) interesting how that whole storyline plays out.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #81
awsnyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
Oh, totally! But it doesn't look like that's what will happen. This police 'force' seems to be particularly ineffective.

I have never owned a gun either, but I watch a lot of true crime so it does seem that there w/b GSR on the shooter's hand. I don't know how long it lasts, though.

But that was my thought, too, re: testing the hands of both of them. There was no evidence that Barbie shot anybody (since he didn't), but there would have been extensive evidence that Jim Bob DID. Next thing we saw was Barbie being arrested and, IIRC, Jim over at the radio station spouting off with this case against Barbie.
I'm no expert, but I expect that a lab is required for the test, or, if not, the writers' explanation would be that whoever has the expertise to perform such a test was caught outside the dome.
awsnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #82
awsnyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu View Post
I'm watching to see if the show can surpass the bad ending of the book!!!!
All evidence says, "No."

[Note: I seem to be in the minority in that I actually liked the ending of the book, liked it quite a lot in fact. That said, last night's episode was so appallingly stupid that there are only two reasons I'm not quitting now: My wife still likes it for some reason (she also made me watch The Following for longer than I otherwise would have, although even she gave up after the episode where all the additional mob of followers started streaming out of the mansion-like house), and I would like to see how the writers will explain the dome--but only if they do so this year. Oh, and I did like the last few minutes; those at least were interesting.]
Old 09-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #83
Numb And Number2

Quote:
The book is totally different and is VERY GOOD! I really cannot believe Stephen King allowed this drivvel to be made out of it. OH BTW, I hated the ending in the book. I'm watching to see if the show can surpass the bad ending of the book!!!!
This isn't a book forum. If you want to talk about a book then go to a book forum.
Numb And Number2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #84
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsnyde View Post
I'm no expert, but I expect that a lab is required for the test, or, if not, the writers' explanation would be that whoever has the expertise to perform such a test was caught outside the dome.
On CSI and derivatives, they always do the test either out in the field or while interrogating the person. It's just some chemical that they spray on a cotton pad and then dab at the person's hands and it changes color if there's gunpowder residue.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #85
awsnyde

Quote:
On CSI and derivatives, they always do the test either out in the field or while interrogating the person. It's just some chemical that they spray on a cotton pad and then dab at the person's hands and it changes color if there's gunpowder residue.
Never watched CSI, but that makes sense too.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #86
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Take them where?
Old 09-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #87
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Or, wait...wait for it....Maybe they can use ENGLISH LETTERS, string them together to make WORDS, and then......ummmm..Sentences!!!!!

'
English? This show takes place in 'merca not England. They'd have just as much luck using the Vietnamese alphabet.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #88
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post

Take them where?
Hospital?

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #89
Johnny Dancing
Closet Rebel

This ain't no Shawshank Redemption that's for sure. These stupid but popular shows seem to be a recent trend. Revolution, The Following etc..

I don't mind it, at least it's sci fi and I don't need to read another S.K. 1000+ page book. Had my fill of his overwriting with 11-22-63.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #90
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

I'll stick out the season but I'm not giving this a chance if it's around for a second season.