TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #31
Rkkeller

I have to give kudos when its due to Comcast. I had problems with every TiVo I ever used a CC in, but last night I helped a friend upgrade their HD and the first call to the CC line worked and within 3 minutes everything was working.

So like many say, keep calling until you get someone that knows what they are doing.
Rkkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #32
cr33p

My past three Tivo replacements I never had to call Comcast and Re Pair my card. Last night I tried setting up my new Roamio pro with my working M card from my XL4 and it would never work, eventually threw up a 161-1 error. I suppose I need to contact comcast
cr33p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #33
aridon

The amazing thing is how useless some of the reps are.
aridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #34
SoFlaGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhorsley View Post
I just got an answer over in the comcast forums about the rollout in South Florida (which will bring updated firmware to cable cards as the only important bit I want), and they are currently expecting "before the end of the year" (of course just a little while ago they were expecting "this summer").
I am in Palm Beach Gardens and am having prolems getting all channels "authorized." No issues with our 3 other TiVos, however.

Are you using a TA? We don't on any of the other TiVos, and I don't think this is the problem. So far, Comcast has not been helpful and only wants to "roll a truck."

What was your ultimate resolution? Executive Customer Care has not returned any of my calls so far but has been very helpful in the past.
SoFlaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #35
DanielTB80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MScottC View Post
Lately, have you tried the dedicated CableCard install phone number. I've used that service twice, and twice my pairing went perfectly.

Cable Card Pairing (887) 405-2298
MScottC, are you sure you listed the correct number? Should it be 1-877-405-2298?
DanielTB80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #36
tomhorsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaGuy View Post
What was your ultimate resolution?
Don't have one - I'm waiting for the TiVo fall update and/or the Comcast infrastructure update (whichever comes first) to see if either of them will make the TiVo work as well as it did before 20.3 showed up.
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #37
JohnnyO
Crimper

Moving my CableCard from my TiVoHD to my new Roamio Basic went pretty well, using the special number listed above. I think I may have been working with a new agent. I did have to read the numbers about 5 times before she was able to read them back correctly. Once she was able to read them back correctly, she put them in the system, and I was receiving all but XFinity OnDemand (which showed up about 6 hours later).
JohnnyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #38
MScottC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielTB80 View Post
MScottC, are you sure you listed the correct number? Should it be 1-877-405-2298?
You are correct... I had the wrong number in my Outlook/iPhone... corrected it on my iPhone, but had not yet done a synch. It was wrong in Outlook which is where I copied it from.. Sorry.
MScottC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #39
DigitalDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaGuy View Post
I am in Palm Beach Gardens and am having prolems getting all channels "authorized." No issues with our 3 other TiVos, however.

Are you using a TA? We don't on any of the other TiVos, and I don't think this is the problem. So far, Comcast has not been helpful and only wants to "roll a truck."

What was your ultimate resolution? Executive Customer Care has not returned any of my calls so far but has been very helpful in the past.
I'm in Jupiter. After reading about all the issues with Comcast I decided to wait until they update their cable cards -- hopefully in October. I still have an XL4 that loses channels on a regular basis, and I don't want a repeat performance. Funny that my S3, and Ceton PC tuner never have these problems.

Have you been able to record 6 non-premium channels at once?
DigitalDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #40
JesseBearden

The problem with mine ended up being the Tivo. I exchanged mine for a new Roamio and everything went off without a hitch.

Comcast is in the clear on this one.
JesseBearden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #41
SoFlaGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDawn View Post
I'm in Jupiter. After reading about all the issues with Comcast I decided to wait until they update their cable cards -- hopefully in October. I still have an XL4 that loses channels on a regular basis, and I don't want a repeat performance. Funny that my S3, and Ceton PC tuner never have these problems.

Have you been able to record 6 non-premium channels at once?
The issue for me is only being able to record the "local" channels right now. For every other channel I am getting the "not authorized" (V58) error. After many calls and finally an escalation, (no thanks to the WPB Executive Customer Service departmenr, who stopped answerinf thier phones) they are deleting and rebuilding my cablecard as we speak.

Once this is fixed, we will see what happend with 6 tuners. I am excited to get rid of all the other Tivos and keep this one with a few Tivo Minis. Plus a lot less Cablecards!

Will let you know.
SoFlaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #42
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MScottC View Post
Lately, have you tried the dedicated CableCard install phone number. I've used that service twice, and twice my pairing went perfectly.

Cable Card Pairing (887) 405-2298
i wish that number worked for all comcast customers, nationwide. unfortunately it doesn't support our market.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #43
cr33p

Tried pairing up my cable card in my new Pro unit last nite. No luck, oh hey wait 45 min to an hr it should would. Horse **** I say! Anyways, called back today and of course they didn't enter the HOST ID # correctly. They re hit the card and it should be set, unfortunately I am at work, so I will check when I get home. Wish me luck!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:30 AM   #44
cr33p

Still no luck getting my cable card set up with Comcast. I have OOB messages coming in, and Val:V has populated, however I still have no Auth information on my conditional access screen. Any ideas???
Old 09-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #45
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post

i wish that number worked for all comcast customers, nationwide. unfortunately it doesn't support our market.
That number was mistyped. It is 877-405-2298. You still might not get support in your area but make sure you use the right number.

They've been working well for me over the last couple of weeks. I switched from a HDXL to a Roamio Basic back to the HDXL and then to a Roamio Plus. I only had one hiccup. They forgot to add a code to the Roamio Plus requiring a 2nd call to get onDemand listed and working. The Rep fixed it and waited for me to launch a free movie.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #46
ThreeSoFar
FourNow...WaitFive

Comcast, Baltimore City: Took the working M-card out of my Premiere and put it in the Roamio.

Simple as that. No calls, no tech visit.
ThreeSoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #47
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSoFar View Post
Comcast, Baltimore City: Took the working M-card out of my Premiere and put it in the Roamio.

Simple as that. No calls, no tech visit.
Are you sure you are getting all your channels, including the premiums? Normally you'd have to call so they could transfer the numbers...
Old 09-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #48
ThreeSoFar
FourNow...WaitFive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
Are you sure you are getting all your channels, including the premiums? Normally you'd have to call so they could transfer the numbers...
All, yes--but we don't get any Premiums.
ThreeSoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #49
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
The number is 877 405-2298
the number he had had a typo error.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #50
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
The number is 877 405-2298
the number he had had a typo error.
thanks for the correction, but i had the right number when i tried the activation. the number doesn't cover every comcast market, even though comcast has been in this market for 25 years.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #51
mchief
Morey

I am still holding. Read in forums that some SA CCs with older firmware do not support 6 tuners. Unfortunately no way to tell before hand? Could call Comcast and ask - now that there is funny.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #52
jmpage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchief View Post
I am still holding. Read in forums that some SA CCs with older firmware do not support 6 tuners. Unfortunately no way to tell before hand? Could call Comcast and ask - now that there is funny.
If you have a Motorola CableCard you are probably fine. I believe nearly all, if not all of the Motorola M-cards have new enough firmware to work fine.

If you have a Cisco/Scientific-Atlanta Cablecard, then you would want to check the firmware version, which you should be able to see in the TiVo cable-card menu and then check it against the thread about the problem with 6 tuners not working on older cablecards.
jmpage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #53
whitmans77

I must be a lucky one(keeping fingers crossed). I took the cable card out of my HD and popped it in my Roamio Plus. NOthing at first, then rebooted the Roamio and everything worked like a charm. All 6 tuners...hope it stays that way...so far im impressed
whitmans77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #54
jmpage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmans77 View Post
I must be a lucky one(keeping fingers crossed). I took the cable card out of my HD and popped it in my Roamio Plus. NOthing at first, then rebooted the Roamio and everything worked like a charm. All 6 tuners...hope it stays that way...so far im impressed
You should still call the Comcast cable-card line and have them pair the card. Video on Demand for example will not work until the card is paired to the new TiVo.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #55
whitmans77

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post
You should still call the Comcast cable-card line and have them pair the card. Video on Demand for example will not work until the card is paired to the new TiVo.
Is that still the necessary if VOD is not available in my area?
Old 09-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #56
jmpage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmans77 View Post
Is that still the necessary if VOD is not available in my area?
If you don't get VOD or any premium channels then you can probably get away with what you've done. It is possible though that at some point Comcast will audit their records and realize your card is no longer properly paired, and shut things off till you call them.

Cablecard pairing, in my case (moving a card from an Elite to a Roamio) took 5 mins when I called the special 877 number.... so, I don't see why anyone would NOT do it and risk having their service interrupted at an unfortunate time.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #57
whitmans77

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post
If you don't get VOD or any premium channels then you can probably get away with what you've done. It is possible though that at some point Comcast will audit their records and realize your card is no longer properly paired, and shut things off till you call them.

Cablecard pairing, in my case (moving a card from an Elite to a Roamio) took 5 mins when I called the special 877 number.... so, I don't see why anyone would NOT do it and risk having their service interrupted at an unfortunate time.
Gotcha..thanks