TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
buscuitboy

Question Two tivos, one GLO remote?

I have some older series 3 HD TiVos that have standard remotes with the 1-2 switch to allow one TiVO peanut remote to control two TiVOs. These older series 3s are all in basement rooms and lightly used on a daily basis.

I now also have a 4-tuner premeire in our main bedroom, but am using an older Series 3 (OLED) glo remote with it. All works good.

I was thinking of moving one of the older series 3 TiVos from the basement and stack it on top of the bedroom's 4-tuner Premiere, but then wanted to somehow use only one remote for both. Is this possible with the Series 3 GLO remote or does the remote HAVE to have that 1-2 switch in order to be able to do this?
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

It has to have the 1-2 switch or you have to manually change the remote code on the remote every time you want to use the other TiVo.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
Unbeliever
Random Nobody

Though my GLO remote has a nasty habit of leaking the setting of one switch's code to the other. So sometimes it goes from 1/2 to 2/2 or 1/1.

--Carlos V.
Unbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
buscuitboy

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
It has to have the 1-2 switch or you have to manually change the remote code on the remote every time you want to use the other TiVo.
Actually, I just remembered that I have a Harmony 200 remote (3 devices). Any chance a harmony remote can be programmed to control two different TiVos?
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
Dan203
Super Moderator

Yeah. When you use your "original" remote to teach the Harmony just use any peanut remote and program it to have the remote code for the TiVo you want to control.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #6
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by buscuitboy View Post
Actually, I just remembered that I have a Harmony 200 remote (3 devices). Any chance a harmony remote can be programmed to control two different TiVos?
I used to have five or six TiVo devices with different remote codes entered into my Harmony One to easily switch between multiple TiVos.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote