Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #31
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
... Maybe there really ARE very active efforts to pierce the Dome, more than just the MOAB, and the water-spray test, and the few other things we've seen....
It might be that they were spraying acid on the dome (directly at the people on the inside). Or not. I seem to recall one of the teens putting their hand where the spray was and liquid (water?) had permeated the dome to wet his hand.

If only the Army had some sort of method of communicating with the people inside the Dome. Like if there were some sort of signage which could transmit words in some other form other than auditory ... like symbols which could be strung together and assigned some sensible meaning ... but that's too ridiculous.

So, since several people die at the hands of others in each episode, how many murderers now reside in Chester's Mill at this point?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #32
nickels
opinionated dope

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
So, since several people die at the hands of others in each episode, how many murderers now reside in Chester's Mill at this point?
Big Jim
Junior
Barbie

I think that the rest are dead. I am probably missing one or two though.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #33
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

I am about four episodes behind on this and every week I read the thread and lose a little more of the desire to actually watch them.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #34
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post

If only the Army had some sort of method of communicating with the people inside the Dome. Like if there were some sort of signage which could transmit words in some other form other than auditory ... like symbols which could be strung together and assigned some sensible meaning ... but that's too ridiculous.
the only thing ridiculous about it is that in order to use such a system, the Army guys would first have to somehow teach the people inside what each of the symbols mean, which brings them right back to square one with no way to communicate.

Quote:
I was wondering what all the policing is accomplishing because with all of the looting and extra criminal activity, they don't seem to ever apprehend anyone, much less take them into custody.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #35
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
I was wondering what all the policing is accomplishing because with all of the looting and extra criminal activity, they don't seem to ever apprehend anyone, much less take them into custody.
you'd think they'd be able to track & catch at least one criminal, considering they're already inside a dome...

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #36
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
you'd think they'd be able to track & catch at least one criminal, considering they're already inside a dome...
Which reminds me, Big Jim stated in his radio broadcast that a warrant had been issued for Barbie's arrest.

How exactly do they do that with out a judge in town?

It has occurred to me though that they will probably have to enact martial law soon.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #37
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
Which reminds me, Big Jim stated in his radio broadcast that a warrant had been issued for Barbie's arrest.
I strained an eye muscle when he said that. My eyes rolled so far so quickly that I hurt myself.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #38
nyc13

Quote:

How exactly do they do that with out a judge in town?

It has occurred to me though that they will probably have to enact martial law soon.
He also said they would be seeking the death penalty, which means he's added "prosecutor" to the usual "judge, jury, and executioner"
nyc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #39
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Quote:
the only thing ridiculous about it is that in order to use such a system, the Army guys would first have to somehow teach the people inside what each of the symbols mean, which brings them right back to square one with no way to communicate.
I think that getreal was alluding to the fact that the Army could communicate with a paper and pen, if anyone were clever enough to think of that.

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #40
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
I may be giving the writers too much credit, but try this one on for size:

We know that the Dome can make people within it think that they are seeing things on the outside that aren't actually there (e.g. the four kids seeing Big Jim in this episode, the woman in labor seeing her sailor husband, etc). So who is to say that ANYTHING they see looking outward is an accurate reflection of what's really out there. Maybe, when looking outward, they just see what the Dome wants them to see -which is that the world has been unusually disinterested. Maybe there really ARE very active efforts to pierce the Dome, more than just the MOAB, and the water-spray test, and the few other things we've seen. Maybe the world outside the Dome really IS acting the way that we as viewers would expect it would, but the Dome itself is preventing its captives from actually seeing any of that. They are just being shown what the Dome wants them to see. That could also explain the rebel-girl's estranged father showing up. Someone had asked how he would know that she was trapped within, and why he was there, and how random and ill-written that seemed. Maybe he (and everyone else around him, on "visitor day,") was really just a projection.
To take that a step further, maybe there is no life outside the dome and everything the Domers see and hear is an illusion created by the all-powerful dome. Maybe the people in the dome are the only humans left on Earth, and they were selected because they are the best and brightest...Oh, never mind.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #41
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboyjr View Post
To take that a step further, maybe there is no life outside the dome and everything the Domers see and hear is an illusion created by the all-powerful dome. Maybe the people in the dome are the only humans left on Earth, and they were selected because they are the best and brightest...Oh, never mind.
Or maybe there is no life INSIDE the Dome and everything WE see and hear is an illusion created by brain-damaged idiots?

Old 09-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #42
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Or maybe there is no life INSIDE the Dome and everything WE see and hear is an illusion created by brain-damaged idiots?

they've already demonstrated there's no intelligence...

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #43
robojerk

Quote:
I can see the show going that way, but the doe eyed Sheriff doesn't have the chops to lead her practically useless deputies into controlling the town. If Big Jim leads it will just be another posse and things will get out of hand, people will die. Add in the fact they're running out of gas and the propane so cars will eventually stop working (unless they find a stash of Photovoltaic solar panels). I can see this show becoming similar to NBC's Revolution but within a tiny area.

Honestly I think the idea of law & order continuing inside the dome is near impossible.. Food and water should be becoming more and more scarce everyday

Unless somehow the Dome (when happy) will provide rainfall for the trapped residents and livestock (if any exists) so they can grow crops and have a clean water supply. It wouldn't shock me at this point if somehow they could generate electricity from the dome too keep the Prius ads running.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #44
jdfs
Unspecial Member

My suggestion to the writers for season 2, the whole season should start from dome day, however be from the perspective of the outside world.

HDR112 196 hrs - Retired
Tivo Premier with Extender
Tivo Premier #2
Roamio Pro
TiVo Mini
jdfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #45
Gene S

So Barbie was sucking the air out of Reds chest.... He must have went to one crazy Combat Skills Training before going to Iraq. I especially liked how after he sucked the air out, he turned his head and blew away from pen, so it wouldn't go back into her chest. Lol
Gene S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #46
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfs View Post
My suggestion to the writers for season 2, the whole season should start from dome day, however be from the perspective of the outside world.
I like the idea. Not sure they can pull it off.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #47
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM1138 View Post
I think that getreal was alluding to the fact that the Army could communicate with a paper and pen, if anyone were clever enough to think of that.

and what do you suppose I was alluding to?
Old 09-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #48
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
I like the idea. Not sure they can pull it off.
They can't pull off what they're attempting now, so what's the difference?
Old 09-05-2013, 02:04 AM   #49
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
I can see the show going that way, but the doe eyed Sheriff doesn't have the chops to lead her practically useless deputies into controlling the town. If Big Jim leads it will just be another posse and things will get out of hand, people will die. Add in the fact they're running out of gas and the propane so cars will eventually stop working (unless they find a stash of Photovoltaic solar panels). I can see this show becoming similar to NBC's Revolution but within a tiny area.
Hence, the need for Barbie to challenge Big Jim.
Of course it was really stupid of Barbie to tell Big Jim what he was going to do.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
Honestly I think the idea of law & order continuing inside the dome is near impossible.. Food and water should be becoming more and more scarce everyday

Unless somehow the Dome (when happy) will provide rainfall for the trapped residents and livestock (if any exists) so they can grow crops and have a clean water supply. It wouldn't shock me at this point if somehow they could generate electricity from the dome too keep the Prius ads running.
Well, they have stated that the local farms are producing food (crops and animals) and they did have the big brewhaha over the well.
And they seem to be well stocked with propane for now.

But they will be running out of other items (medicine has been touched on), municipal services are breaking down, and they have an incomplete justice system so yes, I would think that martial law would be required soon.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:20 AM   #50
getbak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc13 View Post
He also said they would be seeking the death penalty, which means he's added "prosecutor" to the usual "judge, jury, and executioner"
Not to mention Maine abolished the death penalty in 1887.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:12 AM   #51
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Not to mention Maine abolished the death penalty in 1887.
They aren't in Maine.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:21 AM   #52
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post

They aren't in Maine.
That's why he didn't mention it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:45 AM   #53
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

"We're not in Maine, so I'm going to push for the death penalty."

See how easy it would have been to fix that plot hole?

Old 09-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #54
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

"We're in New Hampshire. You can tell by all the Live Oaks with Spanish Moss hanging from the branches."

meh
Old 09-05-2013, 06:56 AM   #55
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Quote:

I have no idea.

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #56
TonyD79

Quote:

They aren't in Maine.
They aren't?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #57
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
They aren't?
For some reason I thought this was set in NH. Guess not.

meh
Old 09-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #58
TonyD79

Quote:

For some reason I thought this was set in NH. Guess not.
They've never actually said. I think the book was in Maine, so it is assumed.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #59
rich
Final answer?

Quote:

Lip reading?
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #60
LlamaLarry

So what you're saying is that we only have 2 more episodes this season?
LlamaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote