TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #571
Dnamertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
there are a lot of reasons. first, she lied about being rachel's sister, made up a lame story, then instantly 180'd and told the truth(why?). next, the game handed her mvp for 3 weeks(ok, ok, "online voters" handed it to her). then, she decided to make it known that her stipend is higher than the other, "non-celebrity", hg.

she is also stubbornly determined to make her own game moves, not matter what anyone else says. that might not necessarily be a bad quality on its own, but it doesn't foster a sense of closeness with any of her alliances, or help with any other relationship in the house, killing her social game.

add that to her "air" of superiority(especially regarding her spiritual beliefs and yoga), talk about her family (husband's) wealth, and snide, condescending comments from time to time (nothing earth shattering, just not needed), you get a full picture.
Your 1st two paragraphs are not reasons for hatred at all. Her lying about being Rachel's sisters was expected and what she needed to do. Admitting who her sister is put a huge target on her back. Lying about that is part of the game (as is the lying ALL the other HG's have done) so I don't see how that is hated.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #572
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnamertz View Post
Her lying about being Rachel's sisters was expected and what she needed to do...Lying about that is part of the game.
the entire game is based on lying, but only works when you commit to the lie, and stick with it. bad lying gets you in trouble, and changing your story makes you an even bigger target.

Quote:
Admitting who her sister is put a huge target on her back.
of course, so why did she admit it, after deciding to lie? if she had admitted to it up front when asked, she could have started damage control. or, she could have lied, and stuck to her story. it's not like she didn't know she was rachel's sister and didn't have time to prepare a strategy.

hg lying about background (job, age, wealth, relatives, sexual orientation, etc.) has happened several seasons, and every time the lie is discovered, it's caused bigger trouble than just telling the truth, or sticking to the original story. it's as if elissa had never watched big brother...

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #573
brianric

Quote:
of course, so why did she admit it, after deciding to lie? if she had admitted to it up front when asked, she could have started damage control. or, she could have lied, and stuck to her story. it's not like she didn't know she was rachel's sister and didn't have time to prepare a strategy.
Lying and sticking to her story would have resulted in her demise early in the game. Pretty much everyone else knew she was Rachael's sister. When caught in a lie it is better to confess than to continue on with the lie.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #574
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
Lying and sticking to her story would have resulted in her demise early in the game. Pretty much everyone else knew she was Rachael's sister.
maybe, maybe not. it all depends on how good she was at lying, and if she was willing to stick with it, all part of the game. no one knew she was rachel's sister, they suspected.

if she had planned her response, laughed, and said "yeah, i get that all the time, i'm a big fan of rachel's, i think it's great people think we look alike, i'd love to meet her sometime", it might have worked. this would have been the second best of 3 options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
When caught in a lie it is better to confess than to continue on with the lie.
historically, lying then confessing has been the least successful in bb.

the best strategy would have been to be honest upfront when she was asked, immediately start damage control, form alliances, and use it to her advantage.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 09-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #575
brianric

Quote:
the best strategy would have been to be honest upfront when she was asked, immediately start damage control, form alliances, and use it to her advantage.
I agree on your last point. In fact, I would have come out with it in the beginning without being asked.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #576
Dnamertz

Quote:
maybe, maybe not. it all depends on how good she was at lying, and if she was willing to stick with it, all part of the game. no one knew she was rachel's sister, they suspected.
You saw what happened when people sit back and let others "suspect" whatever they want. They run wild with their suspicion and paranoia...like they did suspecting Judd was MVP, and when they talked themselves into believing Ellissa was MVP that one week and put herself on the block to throw them off. It didn't matter how much she denied that she wasn't MVP that week, their minds were made up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment
The other night she was telling them how her husband bought a 5K capacity hockey stadium and she was going to put a wellness center in the lower floor.
I saw that discussion and I didn't think there was anything wrong with her talking about her business. So, she is supposed to admit upfront who her sister is but then she shouldn't talk about her or her husband's business opportunities?

As for her making comments about acting better than the other HGs...I see how some of her comments come off that way. But, so do other HGs. Weeks ago GM and Aaryn were in the hammock complaining about Ellissa thinking she is better that the others. GM then criticized Ellissa for wearing expensive clothes and GM said "I can buy a $2 pair of shorts and look better than her". Then minutes later GM and Aaryn went on about how fat Candice is. Talk about acting like you are better than others.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #577
Ment

Quote:
I saw that discussion and I didn't think there was anything wrong with her talking about her business. So, she is supposed to admit upfront who her sister is but then she shouldn't talk about her or her husband's business opportunities?

As for her making comments about acting better than the other HGs...I see how some of her comments come off that way. But, so do other HGs. Weeks ago GM and Aaryn were in the hammock complaining about Ellissa thinking she is better that the others. GM then criticized Ellissa for wearing expensive clothes and GM said "I can buy a $2 pair of shorts and look better than her". Then minutes later GM and Aaryn went on about how fat Candice is. Talk about acting like you are better than others.
Its just not a smart thing to do if the aim is to grow stronger bonds with member's of the house who's financial circumstances are different. Hard to be 'one of the guys' when you talk like that and I'm not saying she said it to be prideful, its her lack of situational awareness which also makes her a horrible liar.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #578
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
You saw what happened when people sit back and let others "suspect" whatever they want. They run wild with their suspicion and paranoia...like they did suspecting Judd was MVP...
i never said it was a good strategy, only the second best, and better than lying then confessing. the big difference between mvp and being rachel's sister, everyone knew up front someone was mvp, no one knew rachel's sister was in the house.
Quote:
It didn't matter how much she denied that she wasn't MVP that week, their minds were made up.
a big contributor to this was the fact she had already won three times.
Quote:
I saw that discussion and I didn't think there was anything wrong with her talking about her business.
it's about strategy, not whether it's right or wrong. can you see how this might be considered bragging by some, and could alienate other hg? how does bragging take you further in the game?

Old 09-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #579
Dnamertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Its just not a smart thing to do if the aim is to grow stronger bonds with member's of the house who's financial circumstances are different. Hard to be 'one of the guys' when you talk like that and I'm not saying she said it to be prideful, its her lack of situational awareness which also makes her a horrible liar.
True, but just last night Amanda was said to McCrae and someone else (I think it was Andy) that "I didn't come here for the money, I don't need the money like you or McCrae, I came to see how far I could get and I never thought I'd get this far".

Yes, Ellissa has a situational awareness problem, but I just don't get how she is being singled out by some as being the worst person in the house when other HGs are doing these same things. Especially when your are just comparing Amanda vs Ellissa, I think Amanda by far comes accross as the worse person out of those two. Look at how she talked down to Jessie, Candice, and now Ellissa. In each of those confrontations, they were talking about the game and Amanda responded with personal attacks.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #580
Dnamertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller855 View Post
Amanda claims that if she is evicted she will tell Julie Chen that she was portrayed badly & Elissa is really the problem. I don't think she‘ll actually do it but I'm really hoping that she is the one walking out the door & McCrae follows her soon.
she hasn't seen the show yet, how does she know how she is being portrayed? She has a feeling she is being portrayed badly because that is how she is acting.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #581
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I'm sure if she claims to be portrayed badly Julie will remind her that they are broadcast 24/7 so no matter what CBS shows people also form opinions on how you act even if that is not seen on CBS.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #582
Dnamertz

Anytime 2 people are off by themselves talking, Amanda is convinced they are in an alliance and now I know why. Every time I see Amanda on After Dark she is whispering to someone about the game...she's talking game non-stop. So, she must assume that anytime any one else is talking, they also must be talking about the game.

Watching her last night try to talk GM into nominating Ellissa as the replacement nominee was great. She knows something is up but GM is obviously not going to tell her about the Exterminators. I wonder how Amanda is going to feel when she finds out that even Andy has turned on her.

It would be awesome if GM did put up Ellissa as the replacement (as a pawn) and the exterminators still voted out Amanda. The look on her face when the HGs choose to keep Ellissa over her would be priceless.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #583
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
It would be awesome if GM did put up Ellissa as the replacement (as a pawn) and the exterminators still voted out Amanda. The look on her face when the HGs choose to keep Ellissa over her would be priceless.
this would be epic!

Old 09-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #584
nmiller855

Ginamarie put Spencer up as the replacement but as much as I enjoyed watching her as she realized that she was put on the block the reaction if Elissa had been the replacement & Amanda was still the one evicted would have been priceless.
Amanda has been bragging about all the different places she has had sex such as most of the other people's beds, photo booth, **** pit, etc. She appears to be delusional about how she is always the victim. An example was when her & Candice were arguing & she was trying to act like she wasn't saying anything. Did she forget that there are cameras all over & we were getting to see both sides? She was screaming at production last night saying that they should have done better screening & not let someone like Ginamarie play. She was playing chess by herself but acting like she was playing against Elissa.
I like that she will go to the jury house where she will be with Candice & Jessie to deal with.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:22 AM   #585
Ment

After her DR session, Elissa is going to try and keep Amanda for some godawful reason . Time for RatAndy to make a decision if he will obey his masters or stay with the Exterminators. I'd say it was a mastermind move to expose Andy but I know thats not it..
Old 09-03-2013, 05:56 AM   #586
Stylin
Stylish Jane Sixpack

The rest of HG's are voting Demanda out, and Andy wants to frame Elissa by saying HE voted for Demanda to stay, not Elissa who may have to give over her wedding ring to prove loyalty... Elissa better get HOH or veto next week cuz this change of heart has bumped her up the list to #1 target.
S3 250gb LT 10/15/07
Stylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #587
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
...Elissa is going to try and keep Amanda for some godawful reason...
and when elissa has made up her mind, that's how she votes...elissa for the win???

Old 09-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #588
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

If she does that she is seriously the worst player ever. Unless the diary room is literally telling her that they'll protect her and/or give her money what possible reason could she have to keep amanda? Not only that, but that would just give it back to Mcranda as far as control.

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #589
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

This is hilarious. From Joker's:

Quote:
McCrae wonders if they brought in people who did not like Rachel on purpose. Elissa says she thinks they did because production - scoobydoo
warned her there would be houseguests who didn't like Rachel. Elissa says Aaryn knew everything about Rachel (says she was a fan). McCrae doesn't know who those people would be.

BB tells them to stop talking about production

Old 09-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #590
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

Joker's again....Amanda is seriously delusional.

Quote:
Amanda crying: I feel like I've fought for everyone else and nobody's fighting for me
Mon 9:37 PM BBT Ama: Why are they keeping Spencer over me? McCrae asks if they should make a deal with Elissa. Keep them safe and they'll go after whoever Elissa wants
Mon 9:36 PM BBT Amanda has bn crying & bitc^^^^ for the past 10-15minutes hhiding under the blanket crying. She is whining on how she took bullet For everyone in this game & now they won't save me.
Mon 9:33 PM BBT Amanda says she's fought for everyone else to stay and nobody is fighting for her. She should've thought about her own game

Old 09-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #591
Ment

Quote:
and when elissa has made up her mind, that's how she votes...elissa for the win???
yes this is how'll she'll vote..promised on her child and the Bible plus her wedding ring. Second time she's come out of DR and with a new game plan. Elissa thinks she has some special relationship with DR, she told Amanda that if she were voted out early when she had MVP that she'd be brought back so she wasn't worried then. DR just wants good drama footage and the suggestions in DR are for a better broadcast show not because they want Elissa to win. I suppose getting recruited and payed better than the other houseguests can lead one to that wrong thinking.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #592
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Second time she's come out of DR and with a new game plan.
yeah, it is, but i really don't blame production for this, because ultimately it's the hg's decision on how they play, who they nominate, and how they vote. production wants the most viewers possible so they can make the most bucks. cue the conspiracy theories!

i'm sure production asks leading questions in the dr about different scenarios that make the wheels turn in the hg's mind. heck, if it were my show, with the amount of money that's invested, i would too.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #593
mdougie

Quote:

Elissa for the win for sure.
mdougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #594
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdougie View Post
Elissa for the win for sure.
the odds aren't good if mccranda stays in the house this week...

Old 09-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #595
Dnamertz

Quote:
After her DR session, Elissa is going to try and keep Amanda for some godawful reason . Time for RatAndy to make a decision if he will obey his masters or stay with the Exterminators. I'd say it was a mastermind move to expose Andy but I know thats not it..
Has she confirmed this with Andy?
Old 09-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #596
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

No, andy is gonna play nice with her and then vote out amanda. Somehow trying to blame Elissa for voting her out.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #597
mdougie

Quote:
the odds aren't good if mccranda stays in the house this week...
Depends of if Amanda keeps her word that she will be loyal.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #598
Dnamertz

Quote:
How do you know she is going to try to keep Amanda? Is this just what she is telling Amanda? Is she just trying to tell Amanda what she wants to hear?
Old 09-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #599
Ment

Quote:
How do you know she is going to try to keep Amanda? Is this just what she is telling Amanda? Is she just trying to tell Amanda what she wants to hear?
She swore on everything that was sacred to her and is going to give Amanda her ring as a promise to vote so yeah pretty sure this is going to happen minus another DR session.

The fatal part of her plan is Elissa doesn't know about the Exterminators so still assumes Andy is still with Mc/Am but in fact he is only keeping ties in case Mc wins HOH.

What she should have done is remind GM/Judd how shady Andy is and lay out the plan to expose Andy and THEN promise the vote for AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #600
mdougie

Well I stopped feeling sorry for GM. Calling Elissa's son a dirty spick? Haven't found the video yet. Discusting .

I guess the first quote was wrong. She supposedly said "f**kin' Spanish Puerto Rican little dirt f**ker. Still going to find the vid.

Last edited by mdougie : 09-03-2013 at 09:41 PM.