TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #91
Test

This post about the episode points out some pretty cool imagery on the third page of course...

http://www.slashfilm.com/10-things-w...2-rabid-dog/3/

The WYRUP image floating around from last episode made sense this episode...

So do these images mean anything?

DEA...D?

Behind bars...

Old 09-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #92
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
This post about the episode points out some pretty cool imagery

So do these images mean anything?
No.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #93
danterner
Not it!

So did anyone else notice that when Jesse is looking at Hank and Marie's bookshelf, one of the books on the shelf is "Deadwood"? (Anna Gunn was in the cast. Just coincidence, or a nice little prop Easter egg?)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #94
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
So did anyone else notice that when Jesse is looking at Hank and Marie's bookshelf, one of the books on the shelf is "Deadwood"? (Anna Gunn was in the cast. Just coincidence, or a nice little prop Easter egg?)
It wasn't a book, it was the DVD set...
Old 09-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #95
getbak

They also had some Stephen King novels, but I don't think Under the Dome was one of them.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #96
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
No, Jesse said he was going to get Walt "at home"..
Wrong. How could you get that so wrong?

Jesse said, "...burning down your house was nothing. Next time I'm going to get you where you REALLY live."
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #97
Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank

Jesse said, "...burning down your house was nothing. Next time I'm going to get you where you REALLY live."
Duh...everyone knows you LIVE in a HOME...
Old 09-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #98
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

I loved how Jesse called Mr White "Walter White" for the first time ever this ep!

YAY JESSE!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #99
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Quote:

Close enough, jeeze. "really live"=="at home".

My point was actually is was *not* necessarily his actual house or "your family" but something much more metaphorical.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #100
john4200

Quote:
Close enough, jeeze. "really live"=="at home".
Wrong again. He said "REALLY live". And everyone knows "REALLY live" does NOT equal "at home".
Old 09-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #101
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
I loved how Jesse called Mr White "Walter White" for the first time ever this ep!

YAY JESSE!!!
I hadn't caught that. Wow!
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #102
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:

And we all know that Walt is in the "empire business." So my guess is that Jesse wants to do something to sabotage Walt's empire.

The next episode is called To'hajiilee, which, if you listen to the podcast, you know it is the name of the place where
Spoiler:
Walt buried the money. So my guess is somehow Jesse makes a play to go after Walt where it will really hurt.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #103
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Wrong again. He said "REALLY live". And everyone knows "REALLY live" does NOT equal "at home".
I'm not wrong in thinking what I think, despite your extreme pendantics.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #104
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I agree.

Really live does not necessarily mean home.

"where you really live" I would take as a threat to his family but maybe not the physical house.

BUT it could also be that "where you really live" means Heisenberg and the reputation and EMPIRE that he has built. That is where Walt is living now. That would be something that would really hurt him.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #105
john4200

Quote:
I'm not wrong in thinking what I think, despite your extreme pendantics.
Is that what you REALLY think?
Old 09-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #106
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
I'm sorry but I'm 100% rooting for Jesse. He started out a punk kid making meth and yes, that's a horrible thing but he evolved from that to murder because of Walt's manipulation of him. He has shown over the course of the show that he didn't want pretty much any of this yet he keeps allowing himself to be dragged back in. Jesse's main fault is he's weak minded. And part of that his his drug addiction. Walt has been like a father to him and we saw last week that it's something Jesse feels because he even said the words "just tell me you don’t give a **** about me" because he desperately wanted to hear the opposite. Ugh. Some people do bad things and I don't think that makes them bad people. Jesse is a prime example of that. Walt, on the other hand, is a bad person.

Just my $.02
OK....just because "someone made me do it" that makes him an OK guy? Wow...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #107
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
It's the Flip Wilson defense.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #108
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
But that's nothing compared to the excuses Walt's defenders use..."It's OK to cheat and steal and run a drug empire and murder people, as long as you're just trying to help your family."
Old 09-02-2013, 09:07 PM   #109
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Just to derail for a moment -
I watched the episode that shows Walt and Skylar looking at the house when they first bought it. Skylar pregnant with Walt Jr and Walt with hair. I had major flashback to a similar scene from Malcolm in the Middle when Hal and Lois were looking at their new house. It was kind of freaky to remember both scenes. Even funnier that in MiM they end up with 5 boys and in BB Walt is talking about how the house may not be big enough and should have 5 bedrooms.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #110
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

You know who else likes Hello Kitty?

Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #111
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
No, but it does make him the most morally superior of almost everyone on the show. He's a simple minded drug addict who was manipulated into doing really bad things.And unlike virtually any other character, Jesse feels immense guilt over what he's been a part of. Between character like Gus, Mike, Walt, Saul and Jesse, yeah, Jesse gets my sympathy. He still deserves to go to jail for a long time, but since Breaking Bad isn't a courtroom or a prison drama, the showdown isn't going to be who gets the longest prison sentence, so yeah, I root for Jesse.

- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #112
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
No, but it does make him the most morally superior of almost everyone on the show. He's a simple minded drug addict who was manipulated into doing really bad things.And unlike virtually any other character, Jesse feels immense guilt over what he's been a part of. Between character like Gus, Mike, Walt, Saul and Jesse, yeah, Jesse gets my sympathy. He still deserves to go to jail for a long time, but since Breaking Bad isn't a courtroom or a prison drama, the showdown isn't going to be who gets the longest prison sentence, so yeah, I root for Jesse.

This. You got to the thread before me so I'll just defer mostly to your response.

Does Jesse being manipulated into doing bad things make his actions okay? Of course not. I never said that.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #113
BitbyBlit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Wasn't Jesse planning on killing the men associated with an innocent kid being killed in the hood?
Yes. But the point is that he was already willing to kill without any manipulation from Walt. And even when it came to Gale, it was only because both him and Walt were desperate. There was no manipulation on Walt's part to trick Jesse into turning on Gale. Walt truly believed that it was the only way to save both of them from Gus, and he let Jesse know his true feelings.

Walt didn't have any grand scheme to get Gale out of the picture, and manipulate Jesse into killing for him. In fact, he originally only wanted Jesse to find Gale for him. The original plan was for Walt to deal with Gale. It was only when Mike and box cutter guy had him cornered that he asked Jesse to do the deed.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #114
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Anyone notice Hank misusing the line from the movie "Silverado"?

"I don't wanna kill you, and you don't wanna be dead". Hank used a variation of that, would have been great if used it exactly.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #115
JoeyJoJo
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
I thought that at first but it's too obvious and straight forward. No, he's going after the one thing Walt REALLY cares about. His legacy.

Walt has been shown to have too much ego for his own good. The scene with the notebook of instructions, for instance, where Walt had to go on and on about how it was clearly derivative. He doesn't just want to make the best meth, he wanted people to know how much better he was than they were.

The easiest first step is to out him as Heisenberg. Let it be known that the great, powerful, scary Heisenberg, is a high school teacher. Destroy his image.

The second would be to make a better product.

I don't know that Jesse could do the latter, and even if he could, I doubt Hank would let him, but the former? To destroy the image Walt has built up? That would definitely be taking Walt down where he "really lives". And would lead to the house we saw in the half-season opening, with Heisenberg spray painted on the wall.

Reveal the man behind the curtain and you destroy his power.
Even worse? Take the credit away from him. Walt's ego would have a conniption if Jessie took credit for being Heisenberg.

Quote:
Why do so many people think Jessie is simple-minded? Walt's complaint about him when he was in Chemistry class was that he didn't apply himself, not that he was stupid. He's an addict, and that clouds his decision making sometimes, but he isn't stupid.
JoeyJoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #116
modnar

Quote:
I thought it was just being used to reset the scene. Walt pointedly picked up it up out of Saul's car and we were meant to notice the CD. Then when Jesse pulled up to the house we were also meant to notice the CD. I thought it was just a visual reset signal so we'd know we were back in time.

I never even thought about it being the confession video.
Totally agree on this. It was just a way for us to sync up the two views of the storyline.
modnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #117
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo View Post
Even worse? Take the credit away from him. Walt's ego would have a conniption if Jessie took credit for being Heisenberg.
Oh my! I think his head would explode!

Quote:
Why do so many people think Jessie is simple-minded? Walt's complaint about him when he was in Chemistry class was that he didn't apply himself, not that he was stupid. He's an addict, and that clouds his decision making sometimes, but he isn't stupid.
I agree.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #118
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

This is what you said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl
"...Some people do bad things and I don't think that makes them bad people. Jesse is a prime example of that...."
I disagree (primarily because I disagree with your definition of a bad person). I think Jesse is a bad person, too....for many of the reasons you listed above that statement in that post.

I guess we'll agree to disagree on this...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #119
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
I thought that at first but it's too obvious and straight forward. No, he's going after the one thing Walt REALLY cares about. His legacy.

... The easiest first step is to out him as Heisenberg. Let it be known that the great, powerful, scary Heisenberg, is a high school teacher. Destroy his image ... That would definitely be taking Walt down where he "really lives". And would lead to the house we saw in the half-season opening, with Heisenberg spray painted on the wall.

Reveal the man behind the curtain and you destroy his power.

I think you nailed it right there. Destroy his reputation as the cancer survivor former high school chemistry teacher car wash entrepreneur decent family man and neighborhood good citizen. Take off his mask to reveal the monster to everybody, not just the DEA. Bring his criminal past to roost at his home. Air his dirty laundry ... okay, I think I've used up more than my allotted quota of metaphors.

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #120
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo View Post

Ha! I love that. It's so elegant - he does really "hit Walt where he lives" (or whatever the line was) - a terrible blow to his Ego. Plus, it would help Jesse feel absolved of his guilt, maybe, by accepting more than his fair share of the blame.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote