TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
B Smooth

Looking to come back to Tivo after stops at DirectTV and Dish

I have pretty much decided to come back after my commitment ends, but I was wondering... Is there a real difference in the Roamio vs Premeire UI. I know the Roamy is faster but the price is the premier is significantly less. I asked Tivo the question through chat and all they gave me were hardware specs.

Is there any difference in the UI itself? This question is especially for folks that have done the upgrade.... Can you articulate why its worth it? I am coming directly from dish. I imagine the speed of the premier will actually be faster than what we are currently using.
B Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

The UI on the Premiere is really slow. It can be very frustrating at times. The Romaio uses basically the same UI, with a few improvements, but the hardware is fast enough to make it usable.

The other major differences are in the apps. The Roamio uses a new apps platform. Netflix and YouTube have already been updated and others are on the way. Going forward it is likely we will see new apps released only for the new platform leaving Premiere units out in the cold.

That being said if you have the patients for the UI and don't care about apps then you mig be OK with a Premiere.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote