TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
jackstrawak

Tivo Search

Help please. I am a new Tivo user. I am trying to figure out how to search for shows currently available to watch. For instance, I would like to be able to search for football games that are currently on and viewable, not in the future. Or, search for kids show that are currently on. I have found how to search for shows, but it seems to be search all times and formats and I can not tell if they are on now or in the future. Is there a quick search for shows currently on?
jackstrawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackstrawak View Post
Is there a quick search for shows currently on?
Nope.
The best you can do is bring up the guide and scroll through the channels.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
jackstrawak

Wow.... that is a bummer. Could do that on our cable box. Can't say I am terribly happy with Tivo so far.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
mdscott

Quote:
Help please. I am a new Tivo user. I am trying to figure out how to search for shows currently available to watch.
What model TiVo do you have -- different models have different capabilities, For example the new Roamio model and at least some of the Premiere line can do what you are asking using the iOS App.

michael
Old 08-31-2013, 11:21 PM   #5
jackstrawak

I have a Tivo premier unit. Not sure of the specific model number.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #6
Dan203
Super Moderator

The new Roamio has a "What To Watch Now" feature that shows you what's on right now and makes recommendations based on categories, thumbs, etc... The same feature is also available in the iOS app and works with the Premiere so if you have an iPad or iPhone you can use it to access What To Watch Now and then select "Watch on TV" to have it start playing on the TiVo.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #7
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

Quote:
Help please. I am a new Tivo user. I am trying to figure out how to search for shows currently available to watch. For instance, I would like to be able to search for football games that are currently on and viewable, not in the future. Or, search for kids show that are currently on. I have found how to search for shows, but it seems to be search all times and formats and I can not tell if they are on now or in the future. Is there a quick search for shows currently on?
What about: Find Shows: Record by Time or Channel: Browse by Time: Select Category: Select Subcategory: This starts the search to the nearest 1/2 hour and list by channel number. (FYI this works on my TiVo S3 or HD.)
NJ_HB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #8
WhiskeyTango

I don't know why Tivo decided to get rid of the filters option in the guide. On my THD you can do what the OP wants and view currently airing programs by movies, sports, etc.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote