I know this is going to sound stupid, hey maybe it is, but if it is and someone knows the answer I will eternally be grateful.
The problem I've been having has been going on since I started transferring about two months ago.
I replaced my Tivo premiere 4 for the Premiere 4 XL4 and I initially tried to use the tivo to go software to transfer my shows from the old tivo to the new, but it sucked and never worked. So I tried pytivo and it worked and was able to transfer all the shows from my computer, which I had backed up from my old tivo.
I was able to transfer all my shows no problem, and I thought "hey let me transfer more shows so I can just watch them on the tivo instead". Long story short I transferred a lot of shows, and then I noticed several shows were disappearing. Not that they expired but that they were just being deleted like they were making room for others. So after a few weeks of doing nothing I decided I was going to try a few things, including changing all the season passes to "keep until I delete" and that saved my season pass shows from being deleted, so I transferred more shows and it was fine for a little bit until transferred shows started being deleted.
I then went through all my transferred shows and changed them to "keep until I delete".
Now it seems I have hit a brick wall because while it's not deleting anymore shows I have previously transferred or recorded that are marked "keep until delete". When I try and transfer a show it will record it and then get replaced by the next transfer.
I don't know really; I know I wrote a lot, but honestly I don't know what to do.
The only real solid info I can give you is that ironically the number of shows it will keep transferred is 500; it will not go above that. I don't know if there's a cap or not, I couldn't find any info on one. As for recorded off the tv itself I currently have 147.
So I have 641
shows and theoretically I shouldn't be having a problem with hard drive space, as the XL4 comes with (I believe) a 3TB hard drive and on top of that I have the extender connected to it that I used with the old tivo, (obviously it was reformatted). So I only used 892 Gb
and should have 1867GB Free
. So I really don't know if it's a hard drive error, a config problem, a cap limit, etc. If anyone has any info that would be awesome.
Just for reference I use pytivo to push my shows and also use kmttg, but not for pushing anything just to get stats from the machine; also I use meta generator 3 to create metadata files for the shows I downloaded.
Heres my pytivo config file though I doubt thats causing the problem. Thanks
zeroconf = On
debug = on
togo_path = D:\MTKRed\Videos
tivodecode = C:\Python27\pytivo-master\bin\tivodecode.exe
tivo_password = [CODE]***********[/CODE]
tivo_mak = 5955878542
tivo_username = ******@*****.com
ffmpeg = C:\Python27\pytivo-master\bin\ffmpeg.exe
ffmpeg_pram = -threads 2
path = D:\MTKRed\Videos
type = video