Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #91
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
with 11 million viewers each week and around 6 million more added to that when streaming and DVR usage is added in, this show doesn't need to be saved. It is already in a position most shows would envy.
and that position is: airing during the summer when there are extremely slim pickings for viewers. This show would have likely died a quick death if it aired in the fall when it would have had a lot of competition.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:16 PM   #92
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
and that position is: airing during the summer when there are extremely slim pickings for viewers. This show would have likely died a quick death if it aired in the fall when it would have had a lot of competition.
With any show it is about when it airs. A show can do great in one time slot or day and do terrible in another. Having the show on during the Summer is no different. Although no one really knows how well it would have done during the regular season since it's all conjecture.

Personally I would have watched it during the regular TV season and most people I know that watch UTD would have as well. But the show was already profitable before it even aired since it was sold over seas and also to Amazon for streaming before CBS even broadcast it. So even if it had aired during the regular season it would have still been profitable.

One thing is for sure, the networks have plans to run more shows during the the Summer. Since the viewership is waning during the traditional TV season time, Summertime is the one season that they can increase their viewership. All the major networks have plans for more Summer shows in 2014. And the huge success of UTD is part of the reason for that.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:15 PM   #93
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
All the major networks have plans for more Summer shows in 2014. And the huge success of UTD is part of the reason for that.
Like I said, there's nothing on now and UTD is reaping the benefits of no competition.
If this were a regular fall show, I'd have dropped it by the 3rd episode.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #94
scsiguy72
OTA Only..Free TV

OK..junior is a psycho, so lets give him a uniform and a cop car and let him drive around unsupervised. Then. If he needs to go "undercover" to get into the fight club, all he has to do is take off the shirt and no, one will notice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scsiguy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #95
NYHeel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnelson View Post
The only thing that could save this show now would be to have Walter White show up outside the dome and have him taunt Big Jim with a bag of "blue".

Brad
That had me actually laughing out loud. I can just see Walt holding the meth while jumping up and down laughing and taunting Big Jim as Big Jim stares on seeing but not hearing Walt.

As a side point, I love how "Big" Jim is about 5"5'.
NYHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #96
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYHeel View Post

That had me actually laughing out loud. I can just see Walt holding the meth while jumping up and down laughing and taunting Big Jim as Big Jim stares on seeing but not hearing Walt.

As a side point, I love how "Big" Jim is about 5"5'.
Maybe the nickname is more about length than height.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #97
wprager

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Maybe the nickname is more about length than height.
He was given that nickname as a joke.
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #98
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip View Post
I am confused why we went through a whole issue with water and the guy owning the well when there is a whole lake over by Big Jim's House!?!
My first thought was "Since when does Big Jim live on a lake?" He was in the middle of town before, wasn't he? I can't imagine you'd have a storm/fallout shelter that close to a lake.

sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:31 AM   #99
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

I was curious, so I tried swimming some laps in my pool over the weekend with my hands crossed in front as if they were tied. With some practice and mental preparation I think I could go a good ways, but if I had fallen out of a boat fully clothed and watched in horror as it pulled away I think I'd be dead in 5 minutes or less. It was very tiring to not be able to give my legs a break.

meh
heySkippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #100
rich
Final answer?

If she knew about Drownproofing, she likely could have easily made it to shore even with her hands tied (assuming the water wasn't too cold.) The idea is to mostly float, and use your energy sparingly.
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #101
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushikitten View Post
My first thought was "Since when does Big Jim live on a lake?" He was in the middle of town before, wasn't he? I can't imagine you'd have a storm/fallout shelter that close to a lake.
Yeah, that was totally not the same house, IMO. Maybe he has a vacation house on the lake and he went there? That house was sitting right on the water, and when Junior brought Blondie to his mom's art studio, it seemed like they were going behind the house into some wooded area to get to it.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #102
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
If she knew about Drownproofing, she likely could have easily made it to shore even with her hands tied (assuming the water wasn't too cold.) The idea is to mostly float, and use your energy sparingly.
and if she had a team of navy seals....
Old 09-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #103
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post

Yeah, that was totally not the same house, IMO. Maybe he has a vacation house on the lake and he went there? That house was sitting right on the water, and when Junior brought Blondie to his mom's art studio, it seemed like they were going behind the house into some wooded area to get to it.
Good thought, but how would Barbie know to show up at the vacation house? And Big Jim was just hanging out like he's always been there.

It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of this show...just a(nother) glaring inconsistency.

sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #104
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushikitten View Post
Good thought, but how would Barbie know to show up at the vacation house?
True.

I try not to think about these things too much but that house bugged me. It also bugs me when I think about how these people apparently have infinite gasoline for their cars.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #105
StacieH
betativowho??

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsnyde View Post

I don't think she's that well known anymore. I recognized her right away, and said, "Hey, that's Mare Winningham." And my wife said, "Who?"
That was our conversation when I saw her name on the credits. But my husband seemed to recognize her when he saw her.

Winningham was older than most of the others in the Brat Pack. She's 6 years older than Rob Lowe. But she still looks rough...
StacieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #106
laria
Librocubicularist

Is it bad that my first reaction to seeing her was, "hey it's Meredith Grey's step-mom!"?