TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:00 PM   #31
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd57 View Post
Have now spent four hours with five different Fios representatives and they all now seem to say this is a Roamio issue not a Fios issue. Any updates out there?
You do have the model card that TiVo Margaret says we need?

Part number 514517-017-00
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #32
innocentfreak

If you follow the instructions several people have posted, you will easily get it working.

Is your CableCARD activated but not paired? First verify you have the correct CableCARD. The CableCARD needs to have the part number with -017-00. Any other numbers won't pair.

Do you have 017 on the back of your CableCARD and it isn't paired? Go to verizon.com and sign in. Go to support - contact us and select TV - setup and equipment - and then select chat with us. You will get a popup chat window where you tell the agent your CableCARD is activated but not paired. They will ask for the serial number from the CableCARD. You can get this by going to HBO or Cinemax so that you get the grey CableCARD screen saying this screen is for your provider. After you have given him the serial number, you may want to write down the CableCARD ID, Host ID, and Data in case they need to verify it matches what they have. Then hit clear to exit.

They will then send the signal to pair the card which takes up to 5 minutes. Once the signal comes in you will see HBO or Cinemax come on. The grey screen won't clear if the signal comes in so unless you hit clear you won't know if it is working.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:34 PM   #33
gsusser

My roamio will be delivered next week. I checked my Verizon cable card and it's 002. I called Verizon and asked for the new one. 017. As luck would have it, I happened to get a tech who just got the Roamio and his card hooked up ok. They're sending a new card. He offered some advice... tune to channel 131 after inserting the card. Apparently, that brings up the user info.
gsusser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:40 PM   #34
Ferd57

Yes, had the right card and had done all of the steps you mentioned. However, when I just chatted with my the most recent Fios person, they had me
1) remove the cable card
2) unplug the tivo
3) reinsert the cable card
4) plug in tivo

This is the only time I was asked to do this by one of the fios tech support and it did the trick after he had reloaded the card. Thanks.
Ferd57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:50 PM   #35
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsusser View Post
My roamio will be delivered next week. I checked my Verizon cable card and it's 002. I called Verizon and asked for the new one. 017. As luck would have it, I happened to get a tech who just got the Roamio and his card hooked up ok. They're sending a new card. He offered some advice... tune to channel 131 after inserting the card. Apparently, that brings up the user info.
131 is just a test channel that requires CC pairing to view it. Just like HBO and Cinemax does. Tuning to HBO and Cinemax without a paired card also brings up the info.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:34 PM   #36
mbertrand

I received a replacement CableCard from FIOS; once it came I performed the on-line activation, and continued to have issues with HBO and Cinemax. Under conditional access in the CableCard menu, it showed:

Conn: Yes EBCP: Yes Val: V 0x00

My understanding is that Val: needs to be something other than 0x00 for HBO & Cinemax to work. Through Verizon's online chat, I asked a Verizon agent to send the "reload software" signal to the cable card. After a minute or two the Val: changed to 0x01 and I was able to tune to HBO. I encourage you to use the FiOS online chat option. So far HBO/Cinemax has worked with a -017 card; not with my -002 cards.
mbertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:43 PM   #37
innocentfreak

Per TiVo only the -017 cards will work.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #38
pbubel

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadbound View Post
The CSR who got mine working said he performed a set top box refresh followed by a "reinit." After that the card was paired. I can't see any reason to roll a truck.

I would note that the first CSR messed it up completely, and just like you, nothing worked after he tried to pair it. Not satisfied with the result, I decided to call back. The second CSR got the reactivated the card. At that point, everything but HBO and Cinemax worked. He then did the refresh and reinit.

In any event, you might try calling back before the truck rolls.

BTW--I see we are neighbors.
I'm going to give the the chat option a try. Seems worth it at least, can always CANCLE the truck roll. I have no clue why they think they need to send a tech out here anyway.

So I'm in Reston. You near by?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
pbubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #39
iadbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbubel View Post
I'm going to give the the chat option a try. Seems worth it at least, can always CANCLE the truck roll. I have no clue why they think they need to send a tech out here anyway.

So I'm in Reston. You near by?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Just over the Reston line on the Oak Hill/Herndon side. Good luck on the chat.
iadbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #40
pbubel

Quote:
Just over the Reston line on the Oak Hill/Herndon side. Good luck on the chat.
Oh yeah, you are really close then. I'm right near the North Point Giant which down Reston Parkway from Home Depot.

Fingers crossed, I'm starting the chat now.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #41
pbubel

Well that didn't help at all. First chat session seemed to be going well, rep said he would init my card and asked me to hold on for a minute. Two minutes later the internet connection dropped(I have FIOS internet also) and didn't come back online for 10 minutes by then the chat session had closed.

So I started a chat and spent over and hour while the rep and her supervisor tried everything they know how to. Nothing.

So now I wait for the tech. Oh Verizon, why must you make it so hard.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #42
JGC650I

I've now been through the pairing nightmare with Verizon twice on two different Roamios over the past week. First on prior cards from Premieres (006 version), then again when upgrading to the 017 cards to fix the HBO/Cinemax pixelating problem. One thing I just learned on the second go round of pairing, my Verizon rep said the only way to make the pairing work is for the CSR to run the pairing program as a standalone program. He said they have a master program that logs all their activity, etc and the other apps they use (like the pairing app) run nested inside the master program. He said he found an internal Verizon post on the Roamio pairing problem and it directed him to run the pairing program independently outside of the master logging program. Once he did that, my cards paired up immediately including all the premium channels. For those still battling the pairing problem on FIOS, hope this helps!
JGC650I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #43
pbubel

Supervisor just called me back with a new story. The cablecard order is still "pending" on my account with a scheduled completion date of 9/11. They have advised me it won't pair until after that date. Nobody can tell me why a card I picked up last week, needs another two weeks to process.

WHY VERIZON? WHY?

Anybody from Tivo out there have a line to somebody at Verizon that could help? This is clearly not TiVo's fault, but nobody at Verizon seems to care.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #44
pbubel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGC650I View Post
I've now been through the pairing nightmare with Verizon twice on two different Roamios over the past week. First on prior cards from Premieres (006 version), then again when upgrading to the 017 cards to fix the HBO/Cinemax pixelating problem. One thing I just learned on the second go round of pairing, my Verizon rep said the only way to make the pairing work is for the CSR to run the pairing program as a standalone program. He said they have a master program that logs all their activity, etc and the other apps they use (like the pairing app) run nested inside the master program. He said he found an internal Verizon post on the Roamio pairing problem and it directed him to run the pairing program independently outside of the master logging program. Once he did that, my cards paired up immediately including all the premium channels. For those still battling the pairing problem on FIOS, hope this helps!
That's very interesting. Lets see if I can get Verizon to try that. Thanks!
Old 09-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #45
JGC650I

Quote:
You bet. Also monitor the Data ID as they work the pairing. Sometimes it changes and they have to re-pair again with new Data ID. On the 4 pairing sessions I've now been through with Verizon, the changing Data ID thing happened twice.
JGC650I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #46
pbubel

Quote:
Nothing. I think he understood what I was asking, but kept saying since my order showed as pending there was nothing he could do.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #47
pbubel

New information is because I placed my order over the web my cablecard had an activation date of weeks from the date the order was placed. This is done to give people time to get to the store before the billing kicks in. They claim they can't speed up the process at all and its completely normal. Why they don't just activate the card when you complete the online activation process is simply beyond my ability to comprehend but that's Verizon for you.

Even worse is I've talked with at least 6 different people on many different calls/chats and none of them knew anything about this. They even scheduled a truck roll to resolve the issue. Verizon need stops disappointing its customers.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #48
pbubel

The tech showed up and fixed it in less than 10 minutes. He said he had to perform a manual validation, enter the Host and Data ID and then it showed up on my account and everything is working great.

I have the tech's name, e-mail and number if anybody else is having similar problems.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #49
iadbound

Quote:
The tech showed up and fixed it in less than 10 minutes. He said he had to perform a manual validation, enter the Host and Data ID and then it showed up on my account and everything is working great.

I have the tech's name, e-mail and number if anybody else is having similar problems.
Great result. Still not sure why a tech had to come out, but one shouldn't look a gift horse . . . .
iadbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #50
pbubel

Quote:
Great result. Still not sure why a tech had to come out, but one shouldn't look a gift horse . . . .
Exactly. Makes no sense whatsoever, they kept giving me a different reason for the problem. Still waiting for the Verizon supervisor to return my call from earlier in the day. Said it would be 1-2 hours about 4 hours ago.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #51
sting0r

Been in chat for over an hour and had him try this things post here, no luck so far. I have the 017 motorola m-card

sting0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #52
aaronwt
HD Addict

The automated process was supposed to make things easier not more difficult. I don't know what they changed with it, but I used it multiple times when the pairing requirement was going to go into effect and it worked well. I don't know why now, they have to do something manually to pair the card. And it's not because of the Roamio. They had to do the same thing to re-pair a card to one of my Elites too.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #53
ehagberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
The automated process was supposed to make things easier not more difficult. I don't know what they changed with it, but I used it multiple times when the pairing requirement was going to go into effect and it worked well. I don't know why now, they have to do something manually to pair the card. And it's not because of the Roamio. They had to do the same thing to re-pair a card to one of my Elites too.
I had no problem with the automated process (this was just with a new card in my TivoHD so that when I get my Roamio it's the right model fios card)... except that it didn't fully pair the card and ended up needing manual steps to get HBO working. IIRC, that was something that wasn't needed (the true pairing for HBO) until last year around this time. Seems like the folks who set up the automated system got it working fine for the non-copy-protected content but you're stuck with manual processes if you need something like HBO.

On another thread (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=496798) I read that calling the automated phone number and instead of telling it you want to activate, just tell it you have "no picture." might work... I'd think you'd need to go through the initial online automated (or phone) setup first.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I will later this week when my Roamio arrives.
ehagberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #54
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagberg View Post
I had no problem with the automated process (this was just with a new card in my TivoHD so that when I get my Roamio it's the right model fios card)... except that it didn't fully pair the card and ended up needing manual steps to get HBO working. IIRC, that was something that wasn't needed (the true pairing for HBO) until last year around this time. Seems like the folks who set up the automated system got it working fine for the non-copy-protected content but you're stuck with manual processes if you need something like HBO.

On another thread (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=496798) I read that calling the automated phone number and instead of telling it you want to activate, just tell it you have "no picture." might work... I'd think you'd need to go through the initial online automated (or phone) setup first.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I will later this week when my Roamio arrives.
If it wasn't working with HBO then it wasn't paired. The card only needs to be activated to get the channels. But channels like HBO and Cinemax require pairing to work. If I didn't receive HBO and Cinemax I would not even have bothered with pairing.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #55
sting0r

I finally got it to work. I tried automated phone line and that didn't work. Did chat again and told them to refresh and reint and it worked. Same thing I said the first time around. Oh well. Persistence pays.
sting0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:33 AM   #56
gsusser

I'll be receiving an updated cable card from Verizon today, Part number 514517-017-00. I won;t be receiving my Roamio until Friday. Can I swap cards in my Premier to make sure it works, or will that cause problems?
gsusser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #57
vurbano

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
Take the FiOS CableCARD out of the Roamio, and look at the part number on the back, above the bar code.

If that number is either one of these:
514517-002-00 (MCPOD1)
514517-006-00 (MCPOD2)
we think you'll experience a problem.

We believe CableCARDs with this number:
514517-017-00 (MCPOD3)
will work correctly.

If you have an MCPOD1 or MCPOD2 card, call Verizon and ask them to swap your card for an MCPOD3 card.
yup. I set mine up last night, eventhough everything paired correctly I had macroblocking on HBO and cinemax. The CSR is sending out a new card that should arrive friday. All 3 of my cards were 002 cards. But all tuners recorded 6 at a time. not being able to transfer 100 season passes is a kick in the pants though.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #58
pbubel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vurbano View Post
yup. I set mine up last night, eventhough everything paired correctly I had macroblocking on HBO and cinemax. The CSR is sending out a new card that should arrive friday. All 3 of my cards were 002 cards. But all tuners recorded 6 at a time. not being able to transfer 100 season passes is a kick in the pants though.
Why can't you transfer your seasons passes? I was able to move mine via the website, just don't move any from HBO yet.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #59
pbubel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsusser View Post
I'll be receiving an updated cable card from Verizon today, Part number 514517-017-00. I won;t be receiving my Roamio until Friday. Can I swap cards in my Premier to make sure it works, or will that cause problems?
You don't want to pair the card with your premier or you'll just have to do it again once you get the new TiVo. You should be okay to test out the new card however, just activate it and don't pair (ie don't enter the Data ID or Host ID of the old TiVo).
Old 09-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #60
ibsparky

Can I just take the cable card out of my Tivo HD and put it in my new Roamio and it will just work?
ibsparky is offline   Reply With Quote