TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-31-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
zamo

Question about Roamio streaming

Hi all,

Current premiere owner here, but highly interested in upgrading to the roamio. I had a couple questions about the streaming capabilities.

1. I know it's possible for all iOS devices, but is it possible to connect one of these devices to a TV via HDMI (and a digital AV adapter with an iPad for example)?

2. Any idea if the streaming will be rolled out to PC/Mac anytime soon much like the slingbox can do?

I want my son who is in college in another state to be able to watch our local NFL team without paying the hefty price for Sunday Ticket - any knowledge on this would be much appreciated, thanks!
zamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
innocentfreak

The IOS apps don't allow HDMI out with streaming unless something has changed.

There are some rumors of a new TiVo Desktop in the works, but no real details. It could possibly support streaming, but no way to know.

Unfortunately there is no real easy way to do what you want without a sling at this time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
HarperVision

I've heard if you jailbreak the iPad it will work. Also, a decent alternative to the Slingbox is a Vulkano by Monsoon Multimedia. It's not quite as polished as a Slingbox, but the streaming, at least for me, works quite well. I have both and they're about the same. I actually picked up a Vulkano Flow on clearance for $49 at my local radio shack, so you may want to check there if interested.
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:28 PM   #4
Shanezam203

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
There are some rumors of a new TiVo Desktop in the works, but no real details. It could possibly support streaming, but no way to know.

Unfortunately there is no real easy way to do what you want without a sling at this time.
I've talked to a few at Tivo that said updates are coming to allow us to view recorded media from our Tivo Romeo off network on an iPad for example (streaming) and not having to transfer it using Tivo 2 go or Tivo desktop...
Shanezam203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanezam203 View Post
I've talked to a few at Tivo that said updates are coming to allow us to view recorded media from our Tivo Romeo off network on an iPad for example (streaming) and not having to transfer it using Tivo 2 go or Tivo desktop...
Right which Mossberg also talked about in his review. TiVo is still working out their adaptive streaming. It won't do what he wants most likely since it probably still won't support HDMI out while streaming.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote