TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #211
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidblackledge View Post
YES! that works for the HME version, too! I just have to launch it with parameters "jumpTo=VIDEO" and "videoid=v" where v is the "v" id from a youtube URL!

Thank you!

Now some awesome features of my new app will be thanks to you ;]
Nice, can't wait to see your app!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #212
swythan

Question Get available TSN over middlemind?

Does anyone know a way of fetching valid TSN's associated with an account using the middlemind gateway?

I can now connect to the Virgin Media middlemind gateway, but to fetch the "My Shows" list I need to include the TSN as the bodyId of the request to avoid getting an error. I know my TSN, but I'm wondering how a user that didn't have their TiVo accessible on the local network would find theirs out.

FYI: (The following was worked out by badtuned - I trust he doesn't mind me posting it here)

The Virgin Media middlemind gateway is at secure-tivo-api.virginmedia.com:443

Instead of using makCredential or mmaCredential, Virgin Media has a new usernameAndPasswordCredential credential type. It uses the user's Virgin Media username & password (i.e. the one used to login to their web account).

Code:
{
    "type":"bodyAuthenticate",
    "credential":
    {
        "type ":"usernameAndPasswordCredential",
        "domain":"virgin",
        "username":"********",
        "password":"********"
    }
}
Note that to connect you will need the new Virgin Media client certificate & password.
swythan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #213
moyekj

Here in the US the TiVos broadcast using Bonjour (as well as old style TiVo Beacon) and advertise information about themselves including their TSN #s, so you can detect TiVos on your LAN and grab information from there.

Also note that when you login using "bodyAuthenticate" you get a "bodyAuthenticateResponse" from middlemind server which includes information about available TiVos on your account in a "deviceId" JSONArray, including tsn #. Here's a sample from mine listing my S3 unit (my other 2 TiVos also were listed but I yanked them out of this posting):
Code:
{
"message": "",
"status": "success",
"type": "bodyAuthenticateResponse"
"deviceId": [
 {
  "friendlyName": "S3",
  "id": "tsn:648000xxxxxxxxx",
  "capabilities": {"type": "bodyCapabilities", "features": ["promptToExtendLive","overlapProtection"]},
  "type": "anyBody",
  "serviceLocation": {"port": 443, "server": "secure-api.tivo.com", "type": "serviceLocationInstruction", "serviceLocationType": "secureApi"}
 },
],
}

Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:56 AM   #214
swythan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Here in the US the TiVos broadcast using Bonjour (as well as old style TiVo Beacon) and advertise information about themselves including their TSN #s, so you can detect TiVos on your LAN and grab information from there.
At least the mDNS/Bonjour advertising is happening on the VM TiVO, but with slightly different content. Unfortunately there's no way to do mDNS on Windows Phone (my target platform). Anyway, that's a separate question that I'm working around by getting users to enter the IP address themselves, and then getting the TSN from the TLS server certificate.

Quote:
Also note that when you login using "bodyAuthenticate" you get a "bodyAuthenticateResponse" from middlemind server which includes information about available TiVos on your account in a "deviceId" JSONArray, including tsn #.
That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! I should now be able to support "Away Mode" in my app(s), which will make them useful to loads more people.

Note that the standard configuration in the UK is for the TiVo NOT to be connected to the LAN. It has it's own internal cable modem which it uses for EPG data, VoD, apps, etc. Even if you are using Virgin as your ISP the TiVo has it's own IP address and there is no routing between the TiVo IP and your LAN.

I'm pretty sure that getting this "Away Mode" (i.e. middlemind) working was what made Virgin wait for 12-18 months before releasing an iPad app, as it would have been worthless to the majority of their customers without the "Away Mode" support.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #215
chirin

Anybody have any advice on running the netflix app and starting content?

It seems like I should be able to just do something like
Code:
MRPC/2 247 179
Type: request
RpcId: 2
SchemaVersion: 7
Content-Type: application/json
RequestType: uiNavigate
ResponseCount: single
BodyId: <tsn>
X-ApplicationName: Quicksilver
X-ApplicationVersion: 1.2
X-ApplicationSessionId: 0x271ced

{"uiDestinationType": "flash", "type": "uiNavigate", "uri": "x-tivo:flash:uuid:F23D193D-D2C2-4D18-9ABE-FA6B8488302F", "parameters": {"jumpTo": "ASIN", "asin": "movies/70208087"}}
Where the asin comes from the partnerOfferId, but that just launches the netflix flash app and doesn't actually play the content.
chirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #216
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirin View Post
Anybody have any advice on running the netflix app and starting content?

It seems like I should be able to just do something like
Code:
MRPC/2 247 179
BodyId: <tsn>
X-ApplicationSessionId: 0x271ced

{"uiDestinationType": "flash", "type": "uiNavigate", "uri": "x-tivo:flash:uuid:F23D193D-D2C2-4D18-9ABE-FA6B8488302F", "parameters": {"jumpTo": "ASIN", "asin": "movies/70208087"}}
Where the asin comes from the partnerOfferId, but that just launches the netflix flash app and doesn't actually play the content.
From my dump there's also a couple of variables under "instanceParameter" available, so you probably have to set the "partnerOfferId". i.e. something like (obviously replace id with real id):
Code:
"instanceParameter":{"partnerOfferId":"id"}

Old 01-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #217
chirin

Quote:
From my dump there's also a couple of variables under "instanceParameter" available, so you probably have to set the "partnerOfferId". i.e. something like (obviously replace id with real id):
Code:
"instanceParameter":{"partnerOfferId":"id"}

Not having a whole lot of luck, but I'll keep at it. Thanks for the advice.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #218
chirin

Quote:
Not having a whole lot of luck, but I'll keep at it. Thanks for the advice.
Code:
MRPC/2 247 149
BodyId: tsn:XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
X-ApplicationSessionId: 0x26e2b6

{"uiDestinationType": "flash", "type": "uiNavigate", "uri": "x-tivo:flash:uuid:F23D193D-D2C2-4D18-9ABE-FA6B8488302F?partnerOfferId=movies/70208087"}
Success!

Well, it doesn't autoplay, but it opens the selected content, which is good enough.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #219
moyekj

Quote:
Code:
MRPC/2 247 149
BodyId: tsn:XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
X-ApplicationSessionId: 0x26e2b6

{"uiDestinationType": "flash", "type": "uiNavigate", "uri": "x-tivo:flash:uuid:F23D193D-D2C2-4D18-9ABE-FA6B8488302F?partnerOfferId=movies/70208087"}
Success!

Well, it doesn't autoplay, but it opens the selected content, which is good enough.
That's what happens when launching Netflix from HDUI search as well. What's worse is for episodic shows you are taken to the top of the series instead of a particular episode, so then you have to find it again within Netflix among all seasons and episodes. With the older HME Netflix app TiVo would launch you directly into it and start playing it.

BTW, how exactly are you searching for Netflix titles and getting the needed "asin" data?

Old 01-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #220
moyekj

Quote:
That's what happens when launching Netflix from HDUI search as well. What's worse is for episodic shows you are taken to the top of the series instead of a particular episode, so then you have to find it again within Netflix among all seasons and episodes. With the older HME Netflix app TiVo would launch you directly into it and start playing it.

BTW, how exactly are you searching for Netflix titles and getting the needed "asin" data?
Never mind, I found out how. "offerSearch" with Netflix partnerId returns offers with "partnerOfferId" field.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #221
moyekj

Netflix search via RPC is not very useful, at least for episodic shows. Below is an episode of Star Trek found with "offerSearch" (Star Trek Season 1, episode 9 - Dagger of the Mind). But attempting to use uri with ?partnerOfferId=programs/0000/70109444 doesn't work.
Code:
{"isEpisode":true,"episodic":true,"title":"Star Trek","objectIdAndType":"465102061163341","checksum":"0x3B0DA11791F6F6CB35C17F324DF2B40F","partnerContentId":"epgProvider:ct.EP0039850002","transportType":"partnerStream","seasonNumber":1,"noGiftCardPurchase":false,"type":"offer","contentId":"tivo:ct.252519","purchasableFrom":["dvr"],"levelOfDetail":"low","contentType":"video","hdtv":false,"partnerId":"tivo:pt.3455","collectionId":"tivo:cl.22439","partnerCollectionId":"epgProvider:cl.SH003985","offerId":"tivo:of.ts.52679501","episodeNum":[9],"audioLanguage":["en"],"subscribable":false,"duration":0,"subtitle":"Dagger of the Mind","collectionType":"series","partnerOfferId":"programs/0000/70109444"},
Also as I mentioned searching on TiVo for above episode the episode is found but it only starts Netflix with keyword search "Star Trek" which doesn't help to narrow in much on a specific episode. Can't believe what a lousy mess TiVo allows Netflix integration to be with series 4 platform.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #222
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Can't believe what a lousy mess TiVo allows Netflix integration to be with series 4 platform.
The HDUI of the base OS still isn't complete.

All of the apps (every one of them) are slow and clunky.

While the addition of Spotify was welcome, character entry doesn't even work with the TiVo Slide remote's keyboard.

TiVo's Amazon app is the single redheaded stepchild that still can't do Instant Prime.

It's all a mess.

I've lost any faith whatsoever that this company can deliver on anything beyond the base DVR functionality we've had for over a decade now.

Any apps above and beyond, I access on my AppleTV or Roku.

It's a sad situation for this purported "One Box" that sadly is anything but.

- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #223
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

I finally have to second the last comments. The premiere came out YEARS ago now, and still isn't finished. No complete, fast HDUI. The apps are falling apart and are slow. The upgrade cycle is slow and clunky. (How about a tivo app store? )

Every new release fixes 3 items, makes 1 new one and breaks *4*. Every new release does something behind the scenes, like screw up metadata, not allow metadata pieces, display something wrong, break folders. Something!

Do they not regression test the system (Hey, ever hear of ICE)?)? How many developers do they have? Come on, its been 2+ YEARS and HDUI is still broken.

I am starting to think it has all gotten away from them. They have 10+ year old code they are still using and just patching in pieces as they see fit with no rhyme or reason except to kludge it to work. The ultimate sphagetti code, which gets harder and harder to support or upgrade. No long term strategy except to sue someone else over patent infringment.

I was going to upgrade to 2 new tivo premier4 (replacing 3 tivoHD units) and a stream, but instead I will keep one premiere and get 2 FIOS DVR units. Might not be as good as tivo, but they do work and the screens are now hdand do On Demand on fios.
Tivo (S2-retired, 500gb HD, 2 units)
TivoHD (2tb HD, chip mod, 2 units)
Tivo Premiere (2tb HD)
Tivo Premiere4 (2tb (JMFS) HD)
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #224
moyekj

When using middlemind.tivo.com I found this query is useful to get a nice summary of any mind operation:
schemaElementGet

example query:
Code:
{"type":"schemaElementGet", "name":"uiNavigate"}
response:
Code:
{
   "rootElementName": "uiNavigate",
   "operation": [{
      "description": "\n      Causes the UI to navigate to the specified destination.\n    ",
      "name": "uiNavigate",
      "fieldDefinition": [
         {
            "name": "parameters",
            "valueType": "anyDict",
            "type": "fieldDefinition",
            "minOccurs": 0
         },
         {
            "description": "\n        When true, replaces the currently active screen or app on the navigation stack with \n        the new screen or app specified in this request.  A subsequent navigate \n        with a URI of 'x-tivo:return' will not return to the currently active \n        screen or app, but rather the one that was active before it. The default \n        value is false.\n      ",
            "name": "forgetThisScreen",
            "valueType": "boolean",
            "minOccurs": 0
         },
         {
            "name": "uri",
            "valueType": "uri",
            "minOccurs": 1
         }
      ],
      "isImplemented": false,
      "type": "operation",
      "returnType": ["success"]
   }],
   "levelOfDetail": "low",
   "IsFinal": true,
   "rootElementType": "operation",
   "type": "schemaElement"
}

Old 02-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #225
moyekj

schemaNumberListGet using middlemind server is also interesting and takes a single parameter "what" whose value is either "allTypes" or "allMembers". Unfortunately for me the "allMembers" query which sounds like the more interesting one to get full set of operation names errors out for some reason. "allTypes" query does work and returns a huge list of all mind object types.
Code:
{"type":"schemaNumberListGet", "what":"allTypes"}

Old 02-06-2013, 03:17 AM   #226
swythan

Question Schema parsing script & Fetching TV schedule

Cool. Both those look really handy. Especially for getting up-to-date schema information without having to extract it from one of the official apps.

Schema Parsing
Speaking of which... The other day I wrote a powershell script to pull all the mind operations described in a set of schema files into an Excel spreadsheet, along with their descriptions. If anyone is interested I can post a copy (I'm at work at the moment).

I ran it on the schema extracted from an old copy of the android app that I had lying around. I didn't immediately spot anything particularly interesting that I hadn't seen mentioned here before, but you never know.

Fetching TV Schedule
What I was looking for was a quick way to get "What's on now" information, but I'm none the wiser.

The "Guide" section of the iPad app [1] shows a list of all the available TV channels, with the currently showing program title for each. You can then select a channel and it shows you the schedule for that channel for the rest of the day.

Does anyone know how to quickly fetch that information (particularly the channel list with "what's on now")?

I can get it using "gridRowSearch", but it seems very slow compared to how quickly the iPad UI populates itself. Am I just doing it wrong? I tried reducing the time window and level of returned detail for gridRowSearch, which helped, but it still didn't approach how quickly the iPad app does it.

Thanks

[1] The Virgin Media one, but I assume the US one is the same.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #227
moyekj

I don't know if you've seen kmttg Remote Guide tab? What I do there is there's a "Channels" button you click on once to get full list of all channels using "channelSearch" which I list in the table as folders. That part is not speedy but you only do it once. User can then select a 12 hour time frame to use (can be from now up to about 12 days away and defaults to current time). Then when user clicks on a channel it quickly obtains the listings for that 1 channel in a 12 hour window using "gridRowSearch" and displays the result.
The iPad app is limiting the channel range and the time range to what is displayed in visual range. I believe there has to be individual calls per channel with a very limited time window to do that.
i.e. Speeding it up is all about limiting channel and time range used.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #228
swythan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Speeding it up is all about limiting channel and time range used.
Thanks for that. I'm just glad to know that I've not missed some other way of getting it that I could be using.

BTW: Do you (or anyone else) know if it's still possible to capture the traffic from the iPad (or Android) app? I've been assuming that it's at least "really quite hard" since they changed to authenticating the TLS certificates, but I've never looked to see whether it's actually impossible (given e.g. a jailbroken iPad, some specific network switch, etc).
Old 08-31-2013, 09:05 AM   #229
moyekj

Displaying Web Pages with Roamio platform

The TiVo Roamio series that just launched has built in Opera web browser with HTML5 support. After some fussing around I discovered a way to display any arbitrary web page on my Roamio Plus. For example to display the TCF "TiVo Roamio DVRs" web page the RPC command would be:

{
"uiDestinationType":"web",
"type":"uiNavigate",
"bodyId":"tsn:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
"uri":"x-tivo:web:http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=74"
}

Once displaying a page the remote arrow keys can be used to move around the page and the select key to follow a link. I didn't find a way to go back after clicking a link (the Back button didn't work).

Just for grins I fired up pyTivo and connected to pyTivo server via my Roamio and was able to navigate the web page to select a video to push to the Roamio:
{
"uiDestinationType":"web",
"type":"uiNavigate",
"bodyId":"tsn:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
"uri":"x-tivo:web:http://192.168.10.198:9032"
}

Note that web pages with flash video do not work (missing flash plugin messages).

NOTE: This only works for series 5 TiVos - didn't work for my series 4 units.

Haven't fully explored this as I just discovered this in last hour or so, but perhaps for next kmttg release I'll add another Remote tab where user can enter arbitrary URL to jump to.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:13 AM   #230
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
Note that web pages with flash video do not work (missing flash plugin messages).
Excellent find! That's funny after all the time they spent playing up how great it was for Flash to be available on the Premiere.

How about pages with html5 <video> tags with tivo-friendly mp4? Maybe try this test page (has ogg theora, webm, and h.264/mp4 examples) http://www.quirksmode.org/html5/tests/video.html
A Web app for Roku Remote Control
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:24 AM   #231
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzotek View Post
Excellent find! That's funny after all the time they spent playing up how great it was for Flash to be available on the Premiere.

How about pages with html5 <video> tags with tivo-friendly mp4? Maybe try this test page (has ogg theora, webm, and h.264/mp4 examples) http://www.quirksmode.org/html5/tests/video.html
The H.264/MP4 sample on that page was the only one that worked.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:29 AM   #232
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Quote:
The H.264/MP4 sample on that page was the only one that worked.
Thanks for checking. And that's still good news, as far as I'm concerned.
A Web app for Roku Remote Control
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:15 PM   #233
moyekj

Setting up a mini web server with basic html5 video tag worked. The TiVo built in web player adds its own basic player with play/pause with "controls" as part of the video tag. As with Flash by default the resolution of the web player is 1280x720, so 720p video fills the screen.
NOTE: mp4 container with ac3 audio resulted in no audio, but aac audio worked.
Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>
<body>
<video width="1280" height="720" controls>
  <source src="h264_aac.mp4" type="video/mp4">
  Your browser does not support the video tag.
</video>
</body>
</html>

Old 08-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #234
bradleys
It'll be fine....

Does this mean we can host our own apps directly onto the Roamios?

Outside of an App Store?
TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #235
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Why yes, I believe it does. And there are some amazing HTML5 apps (and games) out there.

Last edited by Fofer : 08-31-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:10 PM   #236
morac
Cat God

It probably depends on how they are written. Obviously a HTML5 app designed for a tablet won't work on TiVo. I'm guessing TiVo is also using special tags to handle remote presses. It would be interesting to see what the Netflix and YouTube apps look like on a normal web browser.
morac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:30 PM   #237
moyekj

FYI, the HTML5 YouTube App launches in same manner as above with following URL:
https://www.youtube.com/tv

Old 09-01-2013, 12:21 AM   #238
bradleys
It'll be fine....

Pretty cool - this site seems designed for TV, how are the controls?
TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:56 AM   #239
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys View Post
I can't say what it controls like on a TV, but it works fine on my iPad.
morac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #240
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys View Post
It's the same YouTube App that launches on the Roamios so controls work well and run much faster than the Flash version on the Premieres - but that is mostly because of better hardware not because HTML5 is much faster than Flash.
Note that contrary to what has been said in TCF threads, the Netflix App TiVo is using launches as Flash, not HTML5, which explains why it didn't get user profile support automatically as some expected.