TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #31
Dnamertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Judd was already voted out once, so he doesn't deserve to win.
I disagree, evicted HG's coming back is part of the game and has been for many seasons. Plus, of all 4 evicted HG's who were eligible to come back, Judd deserved it by far over the others. He was 100% the victim of bad luck when everyone incorrectly assumed he was the MVP. Then, being a double eviction week, he had no time to convince people how wrong their stupid assumption was.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:57 AM   #32
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnamertz View Post
I disagree, evicted HG's coming back is part of the game and has been for many seasons. Plus, of all 4 evicted HG's who were eligible to come back, Judd deserved it by far over the others. He was 100% the victim of bad luck when everyone incorrectly assumed he was the MVP. Then, being a double eviction week, he had no time to convince people how wrong their stupid assumption was.
That doesn't mean I like it or think they deserve to win. You're voted out once, that's it. Now, granted Judd's circumstances make me feel a little like he never got a chance to talk his way out of the eviction, so I feel at least this gives him another shot, but I still don't like it.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #33
dirtypacman
Coming and going

Quote:
That doesn't mean I like it or think they deserve to win. You're voted out once, that's it. Now, granted Judd's circumstances make me feel a little like he never got a chance to talk his way out of the eviction, so I feel at least this gives him another shot, but I still don't like it.
Following CBS Reality series for a decade plus, getting voted out does not always mean your game is over. You don't have to like it but the norm in these shows has become to bring players back into the game. It has been done numerous times in BB and Survivor takes it one step further with Redemption Island but its very similar.

I for one am still rooting for Judd so it does change my view a tad.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M

Last edited by dirtypacman : 08-30-2013 at 11:49 AM.
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #34
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypacman View Post
Following CBS Reality series for a decade plus, getting voted out does not always mean your game is over. You don't have to like it but the norm in these shows has become to bring players back into the game. It has been done numerous times in BB and Survivor takes it one step further with Redemption Island but its very similar.

I for one am still rooting for Judd so it does change my view at tad.
But back to my original point. It's a flaw in his game. He was voted out. As I said, not one of these have a game that you could say they "deserved to win" because of it.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #35
dirtypacman
Coming and going

Quote:
But back to my original point. It's a flaw in his game. He was voted out. As I said, not one of these have a game that you could say they "deserved to win" because of it.
Agreed in one sense but returning players saving themselves from further eviction, and then making subsential game moves may bring them into consideration of playing a good enough game to win. Judd would need to win competitions immediately and make some big moves but it could still be done.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #36
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypacman View Post

Agreed in one sense but returning players saving themselves from further eviction, and then making subsential game moves may bring them into consideration of playing a good enough game to win.
The returning guy on Canada almost won. In fact, he SHOULD have won, but his closest ally in the house voted wrong.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #37
GoPackGo

I would love it if BB instigated a Redemption Island like scenario, but didn't tell the houseguests.

First houseguest voted out is sent to Redemption House. They sit in there for a week until the next houseguest comes, then a few days later they battle and the winner gets to stay. At some point before the jury begins, the player that is still in Redemption House rejoins the game, with a week of immunity.
GoPackGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #38
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPackGo View Post
I would love it if BB instigated a Redemption Island like scenario, but didn't tell the houseguests.

First houseguest voted out is sent to Redemption House. They sit in there for a week until the next houseguest comes, then a few days later they battle and the winner gets to stay. At some point before the jury begins, the player that is still in Redemption House rejoins the game, with a week of immunity.
I hated Redemption Island on Survivor, and I don't think I'd like it any better here. Plus, I don know if I would like to be, say the first one voted out and 50 days later, having to sit in that house, finally get a chance to MAYBE come back in. That would REALLY suck. Remember, Survivor is only what, 39 days? Big Brother is almost 3 months. And it's in Real Time.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #39
mdougie

Quote:
I'm with you here. Each player has such a flawed game that in other seasons there's no way they could ever win. Just about all of them have pissed me off at one time or another. Aaryn's game though she's strong in competitions, she is really weak in strategy. Mostly she's done the house's bidding (either Helen or Amanda). Maybe that was her strategy to get far, but it doesn't show any real game play. Andy has played like a weasel, going from power to power, and I just can't root for someone who's played that way. Elissa rode Helen's coattails most of the game and until this week, when she actually HAD some power, she did what others wanted. And this week, she screwed up the nominations out of hatred toward Aaryn. Spencer has played most of the game to NOT go home. He's a weak player who's only around because he's weak. Judd was already voted out once, so he doesn't deserve to win. I could see myself wanting McRae to win, but the fact that he's stuck with Amanda puts a bad taste in my mouth about him. And lastly Amanda, 'nuff said. I actually liked her for about 1/2 the game, when she was playing more behind the scenes and laughing about what she was doing.
I disagree. I think Elissa has played a great game. She had to lay low during the racism drama. She and Helen made a play early but had that blow up for veto Same for Amanda. I would have targeted Aryn as well as she is a proven comp winner.

Not going after GM and proving her loyalty and word has really helped her game. She isn't in the Exterminators, but who cares. She has a final two with Judd, and a final 3 with Judd GM.

She is moral and can win comps. She is the best houseguest this season.
mdougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #40
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdougie View Post
maybe, with the following caveats:
Spoiler:
  • she had her very own special power handed to her for 3 weeks, a personal nomination ceremony
  • she behaves as if she's too good to be in the house with the other hg (tacky behavior)
  • she commented on getting a larger stipend to other hg (there's no good reason to bring that up)
  • anytime things don't go her way, she threatens to self-evict, forgetting everyone who supported her - just wants to take her toys and go home.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #41
mdougie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
Spoiler:
  • she had her very own special power handed to her for 3 weeks, a personal nomination ceremony
  • she behaves as if she's too good to be in the house with the other hg (tacky behavior)
  • she commented on getting a larger stipend to other hg (there's no good reason to bring that up)
  • anytime things don't go her way, she threatens to self-evict, forgetting everyone who have supported her - just wants to take her toys and go home.
1. She didn't have her own special power. MVP was a power any houseguest could have won had they been not disgusting human beings. She had an advantage with Brenchel week one. After that I don't think so.

2. She is better than most of the houseguests this season. She is better than go make some rice. She is better than I like little girls, better than a crying bully, and better than the crying floater.

3. Commenting on larger stipend is to get under the skin of other HG. Same with the self evict talk. It is gameplay.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #42
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
i disagree, disagree, and disagree.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 08-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #43
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
I disagree. I think Elissa has played a great game. She had to lay low during the racism drama. She and Helen made a play early but had that blow up for veto Same for Amanda. I would have targeted Aryn as well as she is a proven comp winner.

Not going after GM and proving her loyalty and word has really helped her game. She isn't in the Exterminators, but who cares. She has a final two with Judd, and a final 3 with Judd GM.

Tell me what game she had the first 3/4 of the season? I'm not privvy to any afterhours stuff, but, when she had an alliance with Helen, what exactly did she do with Helen? Helen would say, "I'm going to go after so and so" and Elissa would say "uh huh, or "ok". Whenever Helen would ask her what she things, she'd give her that dumb look and say "I don't know". Then she FINALLY gets power, and with no Helen, she screws up the nomination. How does it make sense to get rid of Aaryn, when you have a power duo? It was only after GM talked to her that she realized she screwed up. Too late. She's a terrible player and if McRanda wins this week, she goes home.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #44
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Spoiler:
  • anytime things don't go her way, she threatens to self-evict, forgetting everyone who supported her - just wants to take her toys and go home.
Spoiler:
Is she getting a larger stipend? I had no idea they did that. If she's bragging about it, then she's as big a jerk as the rest of them, and putting a target on her back. Why would CBS give her a bigger stipend? Did they think we gave a darn about Rachel's SISTER?

Old 08-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #45
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
1. She didn't have her own special power. MVP was a power any houseguest could have won had they been not disgusting human beings. She had an advantage with Brenchel week one. After that I don't think so.

I disagree, she had the Rachel advantage throughout, and I think CBS realized it and change the MVP rules. Even WITH the special power, she used it, not to further HER game but to do whatever the House wanted. You want to say it was her plan, fine? But it shows her as a weak player.

Quote:
2. She is better than most of the houseguests this season. She is better than go make some rice. She is better than I like little girls, better than a crying bully, and better than the crying floater.
So what? Better as a person? Perhaps, although she's had her mean girl moments as well (calling out Amanda on dressing trampy). But all that doesn't make you a better game player. Rachel constantly called the other houseguests "biatches" (without the "a"). She's heads and shoulders a better player than Elissa (and I can't stand Rachel either).

Quote:
3. Commenting on larger stipend is to get under the skin of other HG. Same with the self evict talk. It is gameplay.
I think that was spoilerized, since it's not common knowledge, but since it's out in the open now....you seriously think that's game play? Especially self evict talk. What advantage would that be telling Helen, who's leaving the game that you are going to screw her by leaving the game? If anything it would put into question Helen's decision to give Elissa her vote at the end of the game? She sure looked sincere saying that, and she's certainly not that great an actor. I think you have a mad crush on Elissa and have your blinders on about this one.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #46
mdougie

Quote:
Spoiler:
Is she getting a larger stipend? I had no idea they did that. If she's bragging about it, then she's as big a jerk as the rest of them, and putting a target on her back. Why would CBS give her a bigger stipend? Did they think we gave a darn about Rachel's SISTER?
I don't know that she is, and have not viewed her making any such comment. I simply took it as true and ran with it.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #47
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
I don't know that she is, and have not viewed her making any such comment. I simply took it as true and ran with it.
Spoiler:
I'm just going with the statement made earlier that she was bragging about it. Which is terrible form on her part. It fits in with her holier than though attitude the whole game. Amanda has one too, but Elissa seems very stuck up. Like she's a better class of human.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #48
mdougie

Quote:
Tell me what game she had the first 3/4 of the season? I'm not privvy to any afterhours stuff, but, when she had an alliance with Helen, what exactly did she do with Helen? Helen would say, "I'm going to go after so and so" and Elissa would say "uh huh, or "ok". Whenever Helen would ask her what she things, she'd give her that dumb look and say "I don't know". Then she FINALLY gets power, and with no Helen, she screws up the nomination. How does it make sense to get rid of Aaryn, when you have a power duo? It was only after GM talked to her that she realized she screwed up. Too late. She's a terrible player and if McRanda wins this week, she goes home.
She and Helen had a plan week one that was foiled by a veto win and had to scramble. Then the racism/ high drama started and the game left them behind. There was no game play during those weeks. It was all personal drama cliques and vendetta. So no she didn't have game. No one had game.

As for screwing up the nomination I don't think she did. She got to prove to GM that she is loyal. Great game play. She went after a proven comp winner. Good game play.

As for Helen Elissa tried to get her to see the real threats. McRanda and Andy, but she didn't. She tried to reign Helen in with the I will self evict. Didn't work. That is Helens poor game not Elissas.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #49
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
She and Helen had a plan week one that was foiled by a veto win and had to scramble. Then the racism/ high drama started and the game left them behind. There was no game play during those weeks. It was all personal drama cliques and vendetta. So no she didn't have game. No one had game.

As for screwing up the nomination I don't think she did. She got to prove to GM that she is loyal. Great game play. She went after a proven comp winner. Good game play.

As for Helen Elissa tried to get her to see the real threats. McRanda and Andy, but she didn't. She tried to reign Helen in with the I will self evict. Didn't work. That is Helens poor game not Elissas.
OK, believe that if you want. No one had game play? McRanda had game play from the time they got together. Helen had game play and constantly worked to get certain people out. Andy had game play by weaseling himself into as many alliances as possible. Aaryn had game play by simply winning competitions. Elissa sat there with a dumb look on her face, did whatever Helen decided was right, and almost quit when it was apparent that Helen was going to home, leaving her alone in the game. But she's a magnificent player!!

She may win this game by default, just because the others are so unlikable that no game play might trump it. But that doesn't mean she did anything to win the game, only to not lose it.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #50
brianric

Quote:
I disagree. I think Elissa has played a great game.
What the hell are you smoking?

Quote:
I would have targeted Aryn as well as she is a proven comp winner.
Aaryn is proven to keep her word, as when Helen saved Aaryn's butt in return to vote whomever Helen wanted if Aaryn won next HOH, which she did. Elissa could have made the same deal and have one less 3C's member that can vote against you and/or win next HOH.

Quote:
She has a final two with Judd, and a final 3 with Judd GM.
Not if Amanda, McCrae or Andy wins next HOH, then she's on the block, along with Judd or GM. Even if Elissa wins POV, she'll have one less ally after the vote.

Quote:
They're all a bunch of losers.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #51
mdougie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
What the hell are you smoking?

Aaryn is proven to keep her word, as when Helen saved Aaryn's butt in return to vote whomever Helen wanted if Aaryn won next HOH, which she did. Elissa could have made the same deal and have one less 3C's member that can vote against you and/or win next HOH.

Not if Amanda, McCrae or Andy wins next HOH, then she's on the block, along with Judd or GM. Even if Elissa wins POV, she'll have one less ally after the vote.

They're all a bunch of losers.
I smoke the good stuff.

As far as Andy goes I think zingbot got to him. He is worried about being seen as McRanda lacky. I think he will not target Elissa.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #52
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
there's no way to know whether or not it's true, but if you believe the online forums, it's happened before, with recruited and returning hg.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:09 AM   #53
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Spoiler:
there's no way to know whether or not it's true, but if you believe the online forums, it's happened before, with recruited and returning hg.
Spoiler:
I thought someone said that she's been bragging about it in the house? If she is, then I would assume it's true.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #54
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Spoiler:
I thought someone said that she's been bragging about it in the house? If she is, then I would assume it's true.
Spoiler:
i believe elissa made the comments, but i never personally heard her. janelle and boogie both claimed at one time last season they held bb over a barrel for more money, using a threat to leave the house.

boogie never confirmed on camera his plan worked, but from reports of his behavior following dr sessions, he was successful at re-negotiating his contract for more money. janelle claimed to receive a bonus to stay after boogie had left, using the same leverage as boogie, threatening to leave.

they both could have been bragging to save face, after they tried and failed. or, there may have been conditions set for the bonuses, and we'll never know if those conditions were met. the returning coaches all hinted they were receiving a higher stipend than the hg. the reason i'm hedging is that we only know one side, the hg comments and behavior, and not what was actually discussed with production. only the hg involved have seen the signed contracts.

with these types of personalities, and with the basic premise of the game being lying and deceit, who knows? forum users confirmed the hg comments and behaviors, and most of what was claimed in the forums sounded believable, not over the top.