TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
Rebate_King

Post your best Roamio price deals here

lets keep one thread going with price deals on the Roamio units. I'm sure there are a lot of folks like me who are on the fence waiting for a price drop to pull the triger. I bought two premiere units on first day of launch 3 years ago. With all the pain that brought on, I've sworn to never pay the premium to be a beta tester.

So far I believe the best deals are from weaknees. $40 off the Pro model (couplon code Roamiopro) and $25 off the Plus model (coupon code roamioplus). and I believe weaknees has no taxes (for most) and free shipping.

Alright...Post your best deals! :-)
Rebate_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
tmagnum000

weaknees has tax in CA
tmagnum000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #3
Loach

I foresee crickets chirping in this thread for a long time. There's just too much early adopter buzz and corresponding demand for sellers to be motivated to offer much in the way of discounts at this point. Heck, there aren't even very good discounts on discontinued Premiere stock at this point.
Loach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #4
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebate_King View Post
lets keep one thread going with price deals on the Roamio units. I'm sure there are a lot of folks like me who are on the fence waiting for a price drop to pull the triger. I bought two premiere units on first day of launch 3 years ago. With all the pain that brought on, I've sworn to never pay the premium to be a beta tester.

So far I believe the best deals are from weaknees. $40 off the Pro model (couplon code Roamiopro) and $25 off the Plus model (coupon code roamioplus). and I believe weaknees has no taxes (for most) and free shipping.

Alright...Post your best deals! :-)
For now that is the best Roamio deal, and Amazon is the best deal for the Mini (that I found) $89 with free Prime shipping.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
gsusser

Hi, who/what is weakness?

I called TiVo yesterday and they offered me $50 off. I've been a customer a few years. I called back today and no discount! What's up with that? Procrastination penalty? -)

I'm in no rush... do prices typically drop and, if so, after how long?
gsusser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #6
larrs
Movie Fan-Addict

Problem is going to be that the prices of used Tivos, even the lifetime ones, seem to already be taking a hit. In fact, I may just scarf up another Elite (XL4) and wait on the Roamio. I don't really have an issue with the Elite and until there is something that sets it apart rather than speed, I am OK taking a few extra seconds to search, etc.

Examples:

Series 3 (HD, not OLED)- several went for $200-250, was over $300
2 Tuner premieres went for a low of $325 or so up to just under $400 on average
4 Tuners are still holding a bit better but a couple went for the low $500s

The real problem is that TONS are not selling at all at traditional prices from a month ago. The Roamio may be taking a toll on the resale market.

When early demand cools, I hope there will be an upgrade program.

(1) Elite
(3) Premieres
(1) HD
(1) Mini
I run
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
with
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
larrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #7
aaronwt
HD Addict

That's what happens when you have a product alot of people want. That was not the case when the Premiere came out. So the S3 lifetime boxes still commanded a premium for a while. But that is definitely not the case with the Eilte. Plus whatever they sell for on ebay $500 or $550 you need to deduct $50 to $65 in fees from that price. I think even before pay pal fees. Which is why I would rather sell it here or somewhere for a lower price and just have the Paypal fees. But I will put my elites on Ebay if I need to, it's just more work.

Fortunately I'm not in big rush to sell my Elites, so I haven't dropped the sale price much. But at this point, non ebay, it seems like $450 will be around the top end sale price for a lifetime Elite. But for me if I can cover 75% to 80% of the cost of my lifetime Roamio Pro with the sale of my two lifetime Elites I will be more than satisified.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #8
series5orpremier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsusser View Post
Hi, who/what is weakness?

I called TiVo yesterday and they offered me $50 off. I've been a customer a few years. I called back today and no discount! What's up with that? Procrastination penalty? -)

I'm in no rush... do prices typically drop and, if so, after how long?
There was $50 off a base Roamio and $80 off a Stream on Tivo.com with promo code GROUPER (effectively a free Stream if you buy both in the same order), but now it looks like GROUPER is no longer valid.
series5orpremier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #9
hfcsyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrs View Post
Problem is going to be that the prices of used Tivos, even the lifetime ones, seem to already be taking a hit....
4 Tuners are still holding a bit better but a couple went for the low $500s

The real problem is that TONS are not selling at all at traditional prices from a month ago. The Roamio may be taking a toll on the resale market.
Yes, my listing on ebay for a premiere 4, new, w/lifetime got no bites at 475+35 shipping, so i took it off and think i will just use that for now. maybe pick up a mini and sell my s3 and hd. i need to go look at what the difference between a 4 and roamio plus is...other than speed and obvious lack of future updates.
hfcsyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #10
dkk17622

I paid $394 for a Roamio Plus from solidsignal, which includes shipping. Since I am in CA, this was the better option compared to weaknees, where I would have to pay a large sales tax, resulting in a total over $400. The only thing is that I have to wait till next week to receive it because their boxes are on back order right now.
dkk17622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #11
donnoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkk17622 View Post
I paid $394 for a Roamio Plus from solidsignal, which includes shipping. Since I am in CA, this was the better option compared to weaknees, where I would have to pay a large sales tax, resulting in a total over $400. The only thing is that I have to wait till next week to receive it because their boxes are on back order right now.
Good luck with SS. I ordered a Pro, which when I ordered it they said was in stock. 5 days later I cancelled the order because they had no clue when they would receive them.
donnoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #12
Dan203
Super Moderator

I got an email from Weaknees this morning saying that there was a delay in their Roamio shipments and my Pro, ordered last Thursday, wont ship until tomorrow. I'm not in a huge hurry anyway, so I'm OK waiting, but I was hoping to have it this week. Probably wont have it until Monday/Tuesday now.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #13
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
I got an email from Weaknees this morning saying that there was a delay in their Roamio shipments and my Pro, ordered last Thursday, wont ship until tomorrow. I'm not in a huge hurry anyway, so I'm OK waiting, but I was hoping to have it this week. Probably wont have it until Monday/Tuesday now.
I got the same E-Mail, O well this Roamio is for a friend so it does not matter much, he now has 6 TiVos and is going to one Roamio 6 tuner and 5 Minis, will save him $40/month in cable card rent and use a lot less power.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #14
bdspilot

Roamio Pro from Weaknees: $560 (ROAMIOPRO)
Lifetime Service from Tivo: $400 (PLSR) Rollover promo, have to buy from 3rd party. Still working on 29th
3 yr Warrenty: $40 (Seems cheap for $1000 worth of equipment and service)
Total: $1000
bdspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #15
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrs View Post
... I don't really have an issue with the Elite and until there is something that sets it apart rather than speed, I am OK taking a few extra seconds to search, etc....
That's me to a tee. I see NO reason to upgrade based on slightly better speed (matter of opinion) and promised features that who knows when they'll become reality. And I have NO desire to stream my content to small screen devices...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #16
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
That's me to a tee. I see NO reason to upgrade based on slightly better speed (matter of opinion) and promised features that who knows when they'll become reality. And I have NO desire to stream my content to small screen devices...
I would not use the word slightly for the speed improvement as the HDUI speed is no longer any issue when using the Roamio. (There is no longer any option for the SDUI on the Roamio, no need)

Old 08-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #17
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
I would not use the word slightly for the speed improvement as the HDUI speed is no longer any issue when using the Roamio. (There is no longer any option for the SDUI on the Roamio, no need)
...and, as I said, it's a matter of opinion. I don't consider it an issue with the XL4. Some of us are just more patient than others....
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #18
tom22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
...and, as I said, it's a matter of opinion. I don't consider it an issue with the XL4. Some of us are just more patient than others....
Very true.

get this ; )
... it is more than utility of going quicker for me:

IF there is any lag between key press and screen change I feel like it is a personal insubordination by my device.

If I swing a hammer, it damn well hits the nail head when my arm tells it so...

.. lag just strikes me as a tool having a life of its own.. and living a Malingerer's life at that.

Pet peeve of mine about many aps these days.. they act like I need to have a purpose to jump back and forth and seem to ask "why" if I tell them to go out and water the grass in the rain. I might be testing the water pressure, not trying to get water on the grass and I don't need to explain my motives ; )

Immediate reaction helps me think of the machines being tools that don't require "interaction" but are just wielded.

Just putting that out there in case there are any UI experts (especially those that might be involved with next gen Windows) reading the thread...

... and for humor's sake.
tom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #19
bmgoodman

Pro for $539.99

Abt is offering the Roamio Pro for $539.99 this weekend, but the item is listed as backordered for 7-10 days: http://www.abt.com/product/72404/TiVo-TCD840300.html.
bmgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #20
worachj

As stated above, Abt has Roamio's for pre-orders with free shipping but the shipping dates are not really given.

Roamio Basic $179.99 (pre-ordering)
http://www.abt.com/product/72407/TiVo-TCD846500.html

Roamio Plus $359.99 (pre-ordering)
http://www.abt.com/product/72409/TiVo-TCD848000.html

Roamio Pro $539.99 (pre-ordering)
http://www.abt.com/product/72404/TiVo-TCD840300.html

The site has an Labor day code LaborDay2013 for 5% off, but it does not work on TiVo's.

Last edited by worachj : 08-30-2013 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Added 5% off code
worachj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #21
dkk17622

Quote:
Originally Posted by worachj View Post
I cancelled my order with solidsignal and put in an order through abt. I'm saving $33 more now . Of course, I now have to wait a little longer for my fun to begin . I can live with that.
dkk17622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #22
Dan203
Super Moderator

Those are good prices.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #23
mr_smits

Quote:
Probably wont have it until Monday/Tuesday now.
Unless Labor Day delivery is an option, it will be Tuesday or later.
mr_smits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #24
Dan203
Super Moderator

Tracking says Tuesday is scheduled delivery date. If it had shipped Wednesday like they original said I'd have it today. 1 day late getting it out equals 3 extra days on shipping.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #25
Crrink

Quote:
As stated above, Abt has Roamio's for pre-orders with free shipping but the shipping dates are not really given.

The site has an Labor day code LaborDay2013 for 5% off, but it does not work on TiVo's.
They have a 5% sale going on if you use code "LaborDay2013"
It wouldn't apply to my order, but it took maybe 3 minutes on chat to get a CSR to apply the coupon retroactively.
$513 for a Pro - figured the ~$40 premium for 3Tb was worth it to not technically void the warranty by upgrading on my own. Don't have any use for a 1Tb AV-GP drive, so that wasn't a sweetener for me.

Happy to wait a week or two for that price - thanks very much for posting it.

Oh, I also went through a Fatwallet FatCash link for 2% cash back.
Having the CSR adjust the order may nullify that, but either way, worth a try.
Crrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #26
Dan203
Super Moderator

That's awesome! Almost $100 off after FatCash.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #27
NYHeel

Quote:

Showing as full price for me.
NYHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #28
Dan203
Super Moderator

It changed. Was $539.99 a few minutes ago
Old 08-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #29
Crrink

Quote:
That's awesome! Almost $100 off after FatCash.
Yep...there's a Best Buy near me that says they have the Pro in stock (Bee Cave store for any Austin folks here) so I did an online chat to see if they would match the ABT price. They declined, which wasn't very surprising.

Was on the fence about ordering since the Roamio Basic I have will probably be enough tuners for us along with the Premiere we already have, but once I realized I could get Fat Cash I decided what the heck. The discovery of the 5% coupon afterward was pure gravy

Now I'll be watching the forum for reports of lockups, reboots, etc. I got our Premiere some time after launch - jumped when Electronics Expo had them for $99. It took a LONG time before it was up to TiVo standards of reliability. I'm hoping the Roamio will have fewer growing pains...fingers crossed.

This should get us all the TiVo goodness we could possibly need for many years...at least, that's what I said to my wife to get the purchases approved
Crrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #30
gsusser

Probably should have waited, but $375 for Plus at Weaknees. I wanted to buy from a store that could offer support.
gsusser is offline   Reply With Quote