TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #61
getreal
postcrastinator

Episode 6:
So the cowboy had a temper tantrum and got behind the metal box with the war siren on top and he and the Commish and the black guy all heaved and pushed it over. Then the Commish tells the cameraman "The back is exposed ..."
LOL!! It was ALWAYS exposed! They pushed on the back to tip it forward!
D'Oh!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:19 AM   #62
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
Episode 6:
So the cowboy had a temper tantrum and got behind the metal box with the war siren on top and he and the Commish and the black guy all heaved and pushed it over. Then the Commish tells the cameraman "The back is exposed ..."
LOL!! It was ALWAYS exposed! They pushed on the back to tip it forward!
D'Oh!
I figured they were going to find something on the bottom, because you know that WAS hidden. So I was also scratching my head over that one.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #63
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Is anyone else still watching? I think I see where they're going with this. It looks like the crazy Rooskies were messing around with some sort of DNA experiments and it got away from them. Mixed in with some backwoods people.

Or, it could just be aliens.

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #64
getreal
postcrastinator

Yeah, those are either alien footprints on the knee-deep snow, or alien snowshoes.

Trudging through deep snow to look for someone instead of looking for tracks to follow. Hmmm ...

How did the Commish go from Death's door with frostbite and gangrene on the one foot that got wet, to moving effortlessly in the next episode?

I'm still in it to the bitter end ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #65
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Quote:
Yeah, those are either alien footprints on the knee-deep snow, or alien snowshoes.

Trudging through deep snow to look for someone instead of looking for tracks to follow. Hmmm ...

How did the Commish go from Death's door with frostbite and gangrene on the one foot that got wet, to moving effortlessly in the next episode?

I'm still in it to the bitter end ...
Maybe the Dome cured him. Oh, wait, wrong show.

Or, maybe the whole show is a dream sequence.

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
Old 08-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #66
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM1138 View Post
Is anyone else still watching? I think I see where they're going with this. It looks like the crazy Rooskies were messing around with some sort of DNA experiments and it got away from them. Mixed in with some backwoods people.

Or, it could just be aliens.
I'm leaning towards aliens. I think the blown out trees were from the landing.

Or not.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #67
danterner
Not it!

I'm still watching. Actually, I just started the other day. I've seen all but the most current episode. I'm enjoying it. Pushing over the revealer, as posted above, was a real head scratcher - I agree that the hatch in the back should have been visible from the back the whole time. I simply don't get that.

In the first episode they are told that their camp is a replica of a camp of settlers who mysteriously vanished in 1908, right? The Tonguska meteor impact in Siberia was in 1908. The explosion would have caused effects like the earthquake they felt that night that immediately proceeded the northern lights "fire in the sky". It also would have caused that type of light show. And also the crater that Sam, Daniel, Joyce, and the other guy came across while heading to the beacon is surely the Tunguska crater.

So are they somehow back in 1908 now? And is that why Sabina found her own skeleton? Is this a time travel thing, and they are themselves the original 1908 settlers whose upon whose camp the show replica was based?

I know a lot of people unthread were knocking the show, but I've been really liking it. The acting is not as good, or the writing, but the sense of confusing mystery upon mystery is the closest I've seen any post-LOST show get to what LOST accomplished. Then again, a lot of the plot points seem to be very derivative of LOST.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #68
stellie93

This show is going to be resolved this season, right? It's keeping me interested, but it won't last too long.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #69
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
I'm still watching. Actually, I just started the other day. I've seen all but the most current episode. I'm enjoying it. Pushing over the revealer, as posted above, was a real head scratcher - I agree that the hatch in the back should have been visible from the back the whole time. I simply don't get that.

In the first episode they are told that their camp is a replica of a camp of settlers who mysteriously vanished in 1908, right? The Tonguska meteor impact in Siberia was in 1908. The explosion would have caused effects like the earthquake they felt that night that immediately proceeded the northern lights "fire in the sky". It also would have caused that type of light show. And also the crater that Sam, Daniel, Joyce, and the other guy came across while heading to the beacon is surely the Tunguska crater.

So are they somehow back in 1908 now? And is that why Sabina found her own skeleton? Is this a time travel thing, and they are themselves the original 1908 settlers whose upon whose camp the show replica was based?

I know a lot of people unthread were knocking the show, but I've been really liking it. The acting is not as good, or the writing, but the sense of confusing mystery upon mystery is the closest I've seen any post-LOST show get to what LOST accomplished. Then again, a lot of the plot points seem to be very derivative of LOST.
I like the way you think ... it's probably better to marathon through this show rather than wait for the next episode after one or more weeks intervals. That's the way I got through two seasons of "The Killing" without being disappointed.

To me, "Siberia" has a "LOST/Blairwitch" vibe.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:23 PM   #70
sean67854
Why?

I think if it weren't for the nerdy kid and rugby player, and maybe the bouncer, the rest are decent actors.

Xbox gamertag sean67854

sean67854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #71
danterner
Not it!

Reading up on the Tunguska Event a bit more, I think it's interesting to note that there have been fringe theories that it was not a meteor but rather a mini black hole or a wormhole. I kind of like the idea that the show may be playing off of the latter: if the Tunguska Event was a wormhole, then that could be a tie in for why we're being shown some apparent time oddities (like Sabina finding her own skeleton). And it would explain the pictograph Daniel found, which featured hunters, a creature (whatever is stalking in the woods, presumably), and a spiral or concentric circles that looks a lot like how one might draw a wormhole. And, if it is a wormhole, then maybe the predator in the woods is either (1) not of this time, like a dinosaur, or (2) not of this earth.
| Twitter:
Old 09-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #72
danterner
Not it!

Episode 9:

So was this the first episode that the Tunguska Event was directly mentioned by the characters? I don't recall whether it, or even just the word "Tunguska" was part of the overview the host gave in the first episode upon arrival. Interesting that they had a throwaway comment that "it was never explained," which means that the writers have propped the door open for their own fantastical explanation (which I'm pretty sure won't involve a meteor). My money is still on wormhole or back hole.

I was disappointed that the strange footprints appear just to be from strange shoes, not strange creatures. I'm not sure how the broken trees and felled signal tower and killed tiger all comport with the mysterious smoke monster just being normal human Others. Then again, Miljian did have a comment about it being "not human, not animal" so what's up with that? And in a couple of early episodes we saw characters looking *up* at it, whatever it was, while scrambling away.

They glossed over the atomic clocks a bit, but I'm sure that, and the fact that they were not keeping the right time, will prove to be of great significance. I'm still thinking this is a time travel story, in some way.
| Twitter:
Old 09-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #73
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Episode 9:
So was this the first episode that the Tunguska Event was directly mentioned by the characters?...
Besides your reference to the Tunguska Event, I believe this was the first reference to it in the show.

I checked out the movie about the Dyatlov Pass Incident over the weekend with this show in the back of my mind. I was surprised to learn that the actors were mostly British playing Americans. The acting wasn't perfect, but the accents were spot on.

Quote:
Quote:
I was disappointed that the strange footprints appear just to be from strange shoes, not strange creatures...

They glossed over the atomic clocks a bit, but I'm sure that, and the fact that they were not keeping the right time, will prove to be of great significance. I'm still thinking this is a time travel story, in some way.
I was also disappointed that I was half right about the footprints. Those shoes were super lame ... or are they supposed to be their actual feet?

The thing that bothers me about depictions of strange footprints (e.g., Yeti, aliens) in deep snow is when there is no snow disturbed around the prints as you would get from a naturally moving creature. They just lay down flat, clean impressions like when using a rubber stamp. No changing weight impression indicating speed of movement or dragging of toes or anything.

Oh well. It's not a deal breaker. I am still enjoying this show. I'm not expecting award-winning performances, but just an interesting story which is unique from other shows being broadcast. Sure, it could have been handled better with better improv actors, but I'll take it as it is.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #74
nyny523
Oy

I am still watching!

To me, it is a Survivor/Blair Witch/Lost hybrid. Bad acting but intriguing none the less.

I do hope they wrap it up at the end of the season...I doubt there will be another.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #75
mclark11

Many errors in filming

There's many errors in filming this. It should be filemed as third person. That way it would not be so hokey. Using the show crew as the cameramen does not make sense. They should also be filmed.
The problem with the cameramen is that they should not be able to film once the battery runs out or once tey run out of flim. How long can a camera possibly work? If your in camp you could possibly add more film but if your on your won, you run out pretty fast.
As it's being filmed as a peaceful person i would even beat up the camera guys. However, the reality seems that the camera guys are just as scared and that needs to be filmed.
Faking reality is one of the toughest thing, especially when you do it all wrong...
mclark11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #76
sean67854
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
This show is going to be resolved this season, right? It's keeping me interested, but it won't last too long.

Nope.....

Xbox gamertag sean67854

Old 09-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #77
jgickler
Mr. Rolleyes

Biggest pile of steaming crap on network TV in a long time, and that is saying a lot.

"You're not supposed to be here" Seriously???

I guess I am the idiot because I watched this and figured that there had to be some payoff in the finale. Maybe they were being hunted by mutant alien zombies, maybe WW3 started while they were in Siberia. Maybe the producers were evil super villains. I could have even accepted a drug induced dream from eating the uncooked mushrooms.

But to have a series finale where virtually no answers were given, and more questions were raised? What were the real producers thinking? Did they just figure they would create a fake reality show within a fake reality show, hire terrible actors, make-up plot points as they go with no cohesion, then give a big FU to the viewers on the finale.

Or maybe when he said "you're not supposed to be here" he was talking to the viewers, because knowing where the series was going, I can't imagine that anyone involved with the making of this show thought that it would still be on the air for this last episode.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #78
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Wow. And I watched until the bitter end, thinking that something interesting, or at least, humorous might happen. This blows.

All the Tunguska talk came to no end. Then I thought, maybe aliens. Or a wormhole.

And with the mentions of the building being some sort of behavioral science center, I thought the producers would pop out at the end and say it was some kind of social experiment.

The only thing I can figure is that the Siberia producers were trying to generate interest in a 2nd season.

If this was really the intended finale, they can all bite me.

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
Old 09-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #79
danterner
Not it!

I don't see anything online that suggests this show is coming back. What a sucky way to go out - with nothing really resolved or explained, and just more questions.
| Twitter:
Old 09-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #80
sean67854
Why?

Quote:

I don't see anything online that suggests this show is coming back. What a sucky way to go out - with nothing really resolved or explained, and just more questions.

I smell MOVIE!!!!!!

Xbox gamertag sean67854

Old 09-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #81
nyny523
Oy

Quote:

This.

I am NOT happy.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #82
WhiskeyTango

This wasn't intended to be a SERIES finale. It was left open ended so they could proceed to a second season. That being said, there isn't going to be a second season because the ratings sucked which makes this a terrible ending and a complete waste of 13 hours of my life.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #83
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
This was a great series! I can't wait for next season!

OK, not really. I don't see how they could have possibly gotten 13 more episodes after this. One or two maybe, but not 13.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #84
nyny523
Oy

Even Survivor gives you a winner at the end of the season.

Did they REALLY think this was going to be renewed?!?!?!

I feel ripped off...
Old 09-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #85
jgickler
Mr. Rolleyes

Did some digging and Siberia was unusual in that it was privately funded before it was picked up by the network. From the article I read, the entire season was shot before it was sold to NBC and at the beginning of the season there were mentions of 13 episodes, not 11.

So supposedly 13 shot, 11 aired and all were in the can before NBC was involved. Gotta wonder if there are 2 episodes out there that NBC decided not to air, again a big FU to the viewers. Especially calling it a finale if there were 2 episodes that will never air.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #86
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean67854 View Post
I smell MOVIE!!!!!!
No .... your dog just farted.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #87
getreal
postcrastinator

Let's brainstorm OUR ending to "Siberia"

Interesting if there are two remaining episodes out there somewhere.

Instead of accepting the fact that we wasted our time watching this show, let's end it on OUR terms and brainstorm the ending to "Siberia".

I'll start ...

Jonathon (the host): "You're not supposed to be here!"

Sabina leaps forward and coldcocks Jonathon as Johnny hogties him.

Characters
  1. Joyce, an actress hired to play the role of Carolina, a bartender from Bogota, Colombia.
  2. Johnny, a competitive bull rider from Jedburg, SC.
  3. Esther, a model from Melbourne, Australia.
  4. Miljan, a club DJ from Podgorica, Montenegro.
  5. Daniel, a computer programmer from Royalton, MN.
  6. Neeko, a professional rugby player from London, United Kingdom.
  7. Irene, a fashion designer from Taipei, Taiwan.
  8. Sam, a bouncer from Brooklyn, NY.
  9. Sabina, a retired soldier from Haifa, Israel.
  10. Annie, a graphic artist from New Orleans, LA.
  11. Natalie, a veterinary assistant from Santa Barbara, CA
  12. Victoria, a sales clerk from Winnipeg, Canada
  13. George, an accountant from Louisville, KY.
  14. Tommy, an environmental activist from Boston, MA.
  15. Berglind, a journalist from Reykjavik, Iceland.
  16. Harpreet, a graduate student from Washington, D.C.
  17. Jonathon, the host.

Last edited by getreal : 09-18-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #88
jgickler
Mr. Rolleyes

Just found the below article which again states 13 episodes. Another interesting note is that the camera crew supposedly had also worked for Survivor.

http://www.aceweekly.com/2013/07/nbc...r-matt-arnold/
Old 09-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #89
danterner
Not it!

I don't think there's any unreleased post-finale material, nor are there entire missing episodes. Rather, what I read is that several episodes were heavily edited down into the one finale episode we saw. So there are missing scenes, not missing episodes.
| Twitter:
Old 09-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #90
nyny523
Oy

I JUST WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!!

Sheesh.