TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2013, 12:17 AM   #1
Dnamertz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 784
Big Brother - 8/28/13

Wow, Amanda calling Ellisa "trash" is IRONIC. Did Amanda realize she was dressing for the Veto ceremony and not a hooker convention. As short as her shorts were, at least she wasn't in her underwear today. And the high-heels were a nice touch with those short shorts...if you're going for the trashy look.

And calling Ellisa plastic is funny coming from someone who keeps commenting about her own breast implants.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:43 AM   #2
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules
 
NorthAlabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: rocket city, al
Posts: 2,569
elissa just learned a valuble bb lesson - in order to break up a power couple, you nominate both of them when you have the chance, so there's at least one left on the block!

it's too bad elissa didn't understand basic bb strategy before entering the house. sure, aaryn is a strong competitor, and if aaryn goes tomorrow it'll be a big game move, and elissa gets sweet revenge. the price - elissa is target number one.

mcmandy will have their way with elissa next week, so i hope elissa has another pov win left in her. if not, i suspect her remaining time in the house will be measured in days, not weeks.
__________________


The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:07 AM   #3
Dnamertz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
elissa just learned a valuble bb lesson - in order to break up a power couple, you nominate both of them when you have the chance, so there's at least one left on the block!

it's too bad elissa didn't understand basic bb strategy before entering the house. sure, aaryn is a strong competitor, and if aaryn goes tomorrow it'll be a big game move, and elissa gets sweet revenge. the price - elissa is target number one.

mcmandy will have their way with elissa next week, so i hope elissa has another pov win left in her. if not, i suspect her remaining time in the house will be measured in days, not weeks.
Who says McCrae or Amanda will be HOH next week? If Judd, GM, or even Spencer win I'm sure McCrae and Amanda will be targets. Even Andy is done being used by them as he stated in the DR tonight.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:28 AM   #4
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules
 
NorthAlabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: rocket city, al
Posts: 2,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnamertz View Post
Who says McCrae or Amanda will be HOH next week? If Judd, GM, or even Spencer win I'm sure McCrae and Amanda will be targets. Even Andy is done being used by them as he stated in the DR tonight.
i hope you're right, but i suspect elissa will be on the block, sitting beside gm or judd. we'll see. pandora's box has yet to appear...
__________________


The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:37 AM   #5
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnamertz View Post
Who says McCrae or Amanda will be HOH next week? If Judd, GM, or even Spencer win I'm sure McCrae and Amanda will be targets. Even Andy is done being used by them as he stated in the DR tonight.
I don't believe a word Andy says in the DR. It is suits his floater game (nice one Zingbot!!) then he'll be kissing up to McRanda.

I was thinking that it would have been a lot smarter to put McRanda up in the first place, but that wasn't her plan at first. She came to it later, when GM convinced her it was the smart move (I can't believe it was GM who realized it...but it was probably more to save Aaryn than anything).

Did they telegraph Amanda winning the POV any more clearly? As soon as Alissa came on the screen in the DR talking about how Amanda winning would be her worst case scenario, I turned to my wife and said, Amanda won the POV.

Amanda actually played the POV well by not rushing and letting the ball roll slowly. Most of the others were trying to go too fast and ended up dropping that ball.

Amanda acting like she did...well she said in the DR that her act was to try and fluster Elissa so Andy could go to her and comfort her, so he can stay off the block. It didn't work. But I did crack up when fake boobed Amanda was making fun of Elissa's plastic features. The thing with Amanda doing that is that it really upset the rest of the houseguests, and maybe it does sway Andy to the other side. I doubt it, but you never know. Andy will go to the other side ONLY if McRanda, or him, doesn't win the HoH. If they DO, he'll stick with them. I think he's smart enough to realize, that if he's in the final three and wins that HoH, if he takes Amanda, he's got a great chance of winning.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #6
Dnamertz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I don't believe a word Andy says in the DR. It is suits his floater game (nice one Zingbot!!) then he'll be kissing up to McRanda.

I was thinking that it would have been a lot smarter to put McRanda up in the first place, but that wasn't her plan at first. She came to it later, when GM convinced her it was the smart move (I can't believe it was GM who realized it...but it was probably more to save Aaryn than anything).

Did they telegraph Amanda winning the POV any more clearly? As soon as Alissa came on the screen in the DR talking about how Amanda winning would be her worst case scenario, I turned to my wife and said, Amanda won the POV.

Amanda actually played the POV well by not rushing and letting the ball roll slowly. Most of the others were trying to go too fast and ended up dropping that ball.

Amanda acting like she did...well she said in the DR that her act was to try and fluster Elissa so Andy could go to her and comfort her, so he can stay off the block. It didn't work. But I did crack up when fake boobed Amanda was making fun of Elissa's plastic features. The thing with Amanda doing that is that it really upset the rest of the houseguests, and maybe it does sway Andy to the other side. I doubt it, but you never know. Andy will go to the other side ONLY if McRanda, or him, doesn't win the HoH. If they DO, he'll stick with them. I think he's smart enough to realize, that if he's in the final three and wins that HoH, if he takes Amanda, he's got a great chance of winning.
Andy is also smart enough to realize that if he is in the final three with Amanda and McCrae, he has zero chance of being taken to the finals if one of them win the final HOH comp.

I agree that if Amanda or McCrae win HOH, Andy and all the other HGs will be kissing up to them. But if someone else wins, I believe these people have this small amount of smarts needed to realize that if they don't break up the couple now, it will never happen.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola
 
KRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Franklin, MA
Posts: 5,916
I have to give props to Elissa for not spewing BS about not considering nominating Amanda when cornered by her. Might not have ended up being the smartest move, but she is one of the only people (besides Spencer) to ever stand up to Amanda.

I wonder if Amanda is on any meds. It sure seemed like she was off them with that disgusting display. She is clearly jealous of Elissa's good looks and "yoga toned ass." She probably thinks of herself as a hot chick, and yet of the women left in the house, she is neck and neck with GM for last place on a scale of hotness.

Note to GM - matching the color of your tongue piercing to your outfit is NOT hot. And is it my imagination, or does she have some sort of weird piercing between her cleavage?
__________________
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-
O RLY?

360: Bees Tea Boys
Wii: 6028 2014 9605 5661
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
I have to give props to Elissa for not spewing BS about not considering nominating Amanda when cornered by her. Might not have ended up being the smartest move, but she is one of the only people (besides Spencer) to ever stand up to Amanda.

I wonder if Amanda is on any meds. It sure seemed like she was off them with that disgusting display. She is clearly jealous of Elissa's good looks and "yoga toned ass." She probably thinks of herself as a hot chick, and yet of the women left in the house, she is neck and neck with GM for last place on a scale of hotness.

Note to GM - matching the color of your tongue piercing to your outfit is NOT hot. And is it my imagination, or does she have some sort of weird piercing between her cleavage?
Just for the record, I don't think Elissa is hot at all. She's as fake as Amanda only in a different place.

I think people are forgetting that Amanda's nastiness toward Elissa was planned. She laid it out with Andy, that she will go off on her and Andy will console her to try and stay in the game. It's a lot like the time that everyone's favorite (ugh) Janelle and her flunkies did the same thing during the Cappy season. But, she didn't lay that out to everyone else in the house, so it just sounded like she had gone off the deep end. I'm sure Spencer and Judd are thinking she's gone BS crazy. Obviously it didn't work since Andy is on the block. It will be interesting to see who McRanda fights to keep in the house between their 2 3AM members.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
loubob57
Cancer sucks!
 
loubob57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 24,391
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Just for the record, I don't think Elissa is hot at all. She's as fake as Amanda only in a different place.

I think people are forgetting that Amanda's nastiness toward Elissa was planned. She laid it out with Andy, that she will go off on her and Andy will console her to try and stay in the game. It's a lot like the time that everyone's favorite (ugh) Janelle and her flunkies did the same thing during the Cappy season. But, she didn't lay that out to everyone else in the house, so it just sounded like she had gone off the deep end. I'm sure Spencer and Judd are thinking she's gone BS crazy. Obviously it didn't work since Andy is on the block. It will be interesting to see who McRanda fights to keep in the house between their 2 3AM members.
You would think it would be Aaryn since she's demonstrated that if she gets any power she will do what they want. But we shall see...
__________________
Well boys, I reckon this is it: nuclear combat, toe to toe with the Russkies.
loubob57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:25 AM   #10
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
You would think it would be Aaryn since she's demonstrated that if she gets any power she will do what they want. But we shall see...
On the other hand, if they get to the final 3 with Aaryn, she's may have a better chance of winning HoH than Andy.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #11
gweempose
Registered User
 
gweempose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northbrook, IL
Posts: 1,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post

It will be interesting to see who McRanda fights to keep in the house between their 2 3AM members.
I'm guessing they will push to keep Andy. Aaryn showed that her allegiance to 3AM is tentative at best when she selected Judd to play in the veto comp. Ultimately, McRanda has very little power this week. It's all up to what the rest of the house decides. Even if Spencer votes with McRanda, it won't matter if everyone else votes the other way. I'm pretty sure Spencer will vote with the majority of the house, though. His strategy at this point is pretty much don't rock the boat. Hopefully, Elissa realizes what a weasel Andy is and uses the opportunity to strengthen her ties to Aaryn and GM.
__________________
(1) Roamio Pro
(1) Premiere XL4
(1) Premiere XL
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #12
dimented
Comfortably Numb
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Somewhere between Scarlet and Gray
Posts: 11,296
Who does Ellissa want out? I would think McRanda would vote out Aryn and then GM and Judd would vote out Andy leaving Spencer as the tie vote. And I would think he would want to vote out Andy as well.
__________________
What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
dimented is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #13
gweempose
Registered User
 
gweempose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northbrook, IL
Posts: 1,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post

Elissa just learned a valuble bb lesson - in order to break up a power couple, you nominate both of them when you have the chance, so there's at least one left on the block!
The problem is that when she first made her nominations, her main goal was to get rid of Aaryn. She was blinded by her hate for Aaryn, and let her emotions dictate the nominations, instead of strategy. By the time she realized how big of a threat McRanda is, it was too late.
__________________
(1) Roamio Pro
(1) Premiere XL4
(1) Premiere XL
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #14
gweempose
Registered User
 
gweempose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northbrook, IL
Posts: 1,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimented View Post
Who does Ellissa want out? I would think McRanda would vote out Aryn and then GM and Judd would vote out Andy leaving Spencer as the tie vote. And I would think he would want to vote out Andy as well.
True, but if Spencer realizes he is the tying vote, he will most likely vote with GM and Judd. There would be no strategic reason for him not to, since Elissa would have final say anyway. Either way, he's not the target next week, so why rock the boat.
__________________
(1) Roamio Pro
(1) Premiere XL4
(1) Premiere XL
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #15
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
True, but if Spencer realizes he is the tying vote, he will most likely vote with GM and Judd. There would be no strategic reason for him not to, since Elissa would have final say anyway. Either way, he's not the target next week, so why rock the boat.
Unless he still fears McRanda, in which case he'll use the "don't want to be a target" defense and vote with them. I could see Amanda putting crazy pressure on Spencer to vote with them, if they realize the house is split.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #16
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules
 
NorthAlabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: rocket city, al
Posts: 2,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
The problem is that when she first made her nominations, her main goal was to get rid of Aaryn. She was blinded by her hate for Aaryn, and let her emotions dictate the nominations, instead of strategy...
this, 100%. elissa is "feeling" her way through the game. she thinks a lot about the hg and their behavior, instead of planning moves that will further her game. i suspect it will be her downfall, and soon.
__________________


The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:14 PM   #17
Ment
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: People's Republic of Boulder
Posts: 7,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
I wonder if Amanda is on any meds. It sure seemed like she was off them with that disgusting display.

Note to GM - matching the color of your tongue piercing to your outfit is NOT hot. And is it my imagination, or does she have some sort of weird piercing between her cleavage?
that would be affirmative on both counts but I don't think meds can be blamed. Let's just say the edit for the show was the pg-13 version on Amanda's take on ED.

The piercing on GM's chest is one with a dermal anchor, she has quite a few altogether.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #18
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules
 
NorthAlabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: rocket city, al
Posts: 2,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Let's just say the edit for the show was the pg-13 version on Amanda's take on ED.
i'm still scratching my head, wondering what demanda expected to accomplish with her little tirade. was her brief lapse in power that crushing to her psyche?
__________________


The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #19
cherry ghost
Registered User
 
cherry ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
True, but if Spencer realizes he is the tying vote, he will most likely vote with GM and Judd. There would be no strategic reason for him not to, since Elissa would have final say anyway. Either way, he's not the target next week, so why rock the boat.
No chance at a tie this week, five people vote.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #20
Ment
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: People's Republic of Boulder
Posts: 7,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
i'm still scratching my head, wondering what demanda expected to accomplish with her little tirade. was her brief lapse in power that crushing to her psyche?
She is super insecure about her end game and without a doubt is the biggest target going forward. If she goes on the block next week, DR is going to have to get her an extra box of tissues.

As to the reason for her tirades. Amanda really does think Elissa owes her place in the house to her and despite orchestrating the dismissal of Helen that Elissa should be sticking the 'the plan', the one where Amanda wins of course.

Plus she doesn't like Elissa and if she can torture her while getting her mole Andy back in Elissa's good graces then from her perspective 'win win'.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:52 PM   #21
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
i'm still scratching my head, wondering what demanda expected to accomplish with her little tirade. was her brief lapse in power that crushing to her psyche?
She said what she wanted to accomplish. She wanted to create a scenario where Andy could "console" Elissa and apologize for Amanda's behavior. The goal with that is to keep Elissa from putting Andy on the block, by making her thing he was her friend and ally. It didn't work.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #22
bareyb
Under Maintenance
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Silicon Valley, California
Posts: 22,248
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
The problem is that when she first made her nominations, her main goal was to get rid of Aaryn. She was blinded by her hate for Aaryn, and let her emotions dictate the nominations, instead of strategy. By the time she realized how big of a threat McRanda is, it was too late.
I also think she took an educated risk. Amanda had never won a single thing. By not putting Amanda up on the block with McCrae, it left open the possibility to backdoor Amanda. Which was a good move in my mind. Of course, that's probably not what was in her mind, but I thought it had a good shot. I was SO upset when Amanda won. She had the help of the devil.

I'm kind of glad she won though, because it's going to be fun to see how Amanda finally gets kicked out. After last night, I don't think she has a shot in hell of sticking around. Unless they win HOH McCranda is done. Amanda made a complete ass of herself last night, and I think she only pretended it was so Andy would be able to console her. She just needed an excuse to be a the big fat bully that she is.
__________________
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by human error
bareyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #23
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
She is super insecure about her end game and without a doubt is the biggest target going forward. If she goes on the block next week, DR is going to have to get her an extra box of tissues.

As to the reason for her tirades. Amanda really does think Elissa owes her place in the house to her and despite orchestrating the dismissal of Helen that Elissa should be sticking the 'the plan', the one where Amanda wins of course.

Plus she doesn't like Elissa and if she can torture her while getting her mole Andy back in Elissa's good graces then from her perspective 'win win'.
Amanda is delusional. She thinks the game revolves around her, and if she doesn't get her way, she cries like a baby and has tirades when they don't understand why her way is better for them. Really, I think the game has gotten into her head. At first, she talked about her plan and all that and laughed about it. Now, it's no longer a plan, but "the way it HAS to be". I'd hate to play Monopoly with her. She'd flip the board over before she'd ever concede defeat.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #24
Dnamertz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
She said what she wanted to accomplish. She wanted to create a scenario where Andy could "console" Elissa and apologize for Amanda's behavior. The goal with that is to keep Elissa from putting Andy on the block, by making her thing he was her friend and ally. It didn't work.
Her tirade actually started before that "plan". She went off on GM, and then Elissa. Then went back to her room and talked to Andy when she decided to continue attacking Elissa so Andy could console her. As you said, it didn't work, and just made Amanda look worse in the remaining juror's eyes.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #25
dirtypacman
Coming and going
 
dirtypacman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 8,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Amanda is delusional. She thinks the game revolves around her, and if she doesn't get her way, she cries like a baby and has tirades when they don't understand why her way is better for them. Really, I think the game has gotten into her head. At first, she talked about her plan and all that and laughed about it. Now, it's no longer a plan, but "the way it HAS to be". I'd hate to play Monopoly with her. She'd flip the board over before she'd ever concede defeat.
I totally agree. When she had the best thing going in the house she played like a mastermind (which she deservingly can take a good portion of credit for) but time after time as a "loser" or without power she is a terribly weak minded player. She gets frustrated, has outbursts, crys like a child and makes herself look horrible to America and the house guests. I was very very disappointed that she could pull out the win for VETO last night.

I don't see any scenario where I am going to be happy with the finalists. I was getting on Elissa's and Spencer's side at different points in the show but neither of them truly deserve it. I guess I am pulling for Aaryn as nasty as she might have been I think she has played one of the best games of the remaining players. McRea gets credit for still being liked by the houseguests for the most part even with dating the bully of the house. I guess I would want to see those 2, and Judd if he can win some competions to put himself back into contention.
__________________
1) TIVO Series 2 225 Hour
2) TOSHIBA RS-TX20
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #26
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypacman View Post

I don't see any scenario where I am going to be happy with the finalists. I was getting on Elissa's and Spencer's side at different points in the show but neither of them truly deserve it. I guess I am pulling for Aaryn as nasty as she might have been I think she has played one of the best games of the remaining players. McRea gets credit for still being liked by the houseguests for the most part even with dating the bully of the house. I guess I would want to see those 2, and Judd if he can win some competions to put himself back into contention.
I'm with you here. Each player has such a flawed game that in other seasons there's no way they could ever win. Just about all of them have pissed me off at one time or another. Aaryn's game though she's strong in competitions, she is really weak in strategy. Mostly she's done the house's bidding (either Helen or Amanda). Maybe that was her strategy to get far, but it doesn't show any real game play. Andy has played like a weasel, going from power to power, and I just can't root for someone who's played that way. Elissa rode Helen's coattails most of the game and until this week, when she actually HAD some power, she did what others wanted. And this week, she screwed up the nominations out of hatred toward Aaryn. Spencer has played most of the game to NOT go home. He's a weak player who's only around because he's weak. Judd was already voted out once, so he doesn't deserve to win. I could see myself wanting McRae to win, but the fact that he's stuck with Amanda puts a bad taste in my mouth about him. And lastly Amanda, 'nuff said. I actually liked her for about 1/2 the game, when she was playing more behind the scenes and laughing about what she was doing.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #27
brianric
Registered User
 
brianric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Pennsville, NJ
Posts: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
I also think she took an educated risk. Amanda had never won a single thing. By not putting Amanda up on the block with McCrae, it left open the possibility to backdoor Amanda. Which was a good move in my mind. Of course, that's probably not what was in her mind, but I thought it had a good shot. I was SO upset when Amanda won. She had the help of the devil.
I disagree. That was a dumb move. Putting both McCrae and Amanda on the block means at least one of the two will remain Five weeks ago it might have worked, as the chances of Amanda being picked for POV contest would be a lot lower than they are now. Your picking three names out of five eligible for POV contest, odds are pretty high that Amanda or Andy was going to be picked.

Now you have both Amanda and McCrae off the block, and two sure votes for Aaryn. If both were on the block, Amanda wins pOV and takes herself off, you put up Andy, ensuring at least one member of 3Cs is voted off. Spencer is going to be the key vote.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #28
bareyb
Under Maintenance
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Silicon Valley, California
Posts: 22,248
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
I disagree. That was a dumb move. Putting both McCrae and Amanda on the block means at least one of the two will remain Five weeks ago it might have worked, as the chances of Amanda being picked for POV contest would be a lot lower than they are now. Your picking three names out of five eligible for POV contest, odds are pretty high that Amanda or Andy was going to be picked.

Now you have both Amanda and McCrae off the block, and two sure votes for Aaryn. If both were on the block, Amanda wins pOV and takes herself off, you put up Andy, ensuring at least one member of 3Cs is voted off. Spencer is going to be the key vote.
As I said, that probably wasn't what was in her mind but it could have turned out great. I of course would have rather seen her put them both up too. If not just to see Amanda backstab McCrae.
__________________
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by human error
bareyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #29
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules
 
NorthAlabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: rocket city, al
Posts: 2,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
I of course would have rather seen her put them both up too. If not just to see Amanda backstab McCrae.
i don't see any danger of them turning on each other. i would have predicted demanda in full meltdown mode.

that would be worth watching! it would almost make up for the last two months of lame gameplay...almost.
__________________


The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:43 PM   #30
brianric
Registered User
 
brianric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Pennsville, NJ
Posts: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
As I said, that probably wasn't what was in her mind but it could have turned out great. I of course would have rather seen her put them both up too. If not just to see Amanda backstab McCrae.
Of course not, Elissa is an idiot. Her blind hatred of Aaryn may end up costing her going to the finals.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |