TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Suggestion Avenue
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
AdamNJ

HBO Go app?

So yesterday on Tivo's facebook page they posted a picture of a stuffed animal tivo mascot with a rose in front of the HBO building with a title of "Roamio loves HBO! Do you?"

Does anyone have any reliable rumors that this means an HBO Go app is coming for the HTML5 engine on the Roamio? Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I would really like this.

on Cablevision Raritan Valley system (Central NJ)
w/ Cisco PKM803 CableCARD on firmware 1.5.3.1101

*** 2013 newbie to Tivo ***
AdamNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

Since HBO is also a channel I'm not sure I would read to much into this. However I would LOVE to see HBOGo come to the Roamio.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
jadziedzic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
I would LOVE to see HBOGo come to the Roamio.
Me too, but Comcrap doesn't make HBOGo available (here/in general) via Roku so it probably won't show up on TiVo either.
jadziedzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #4
AdamNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadziedzic View Post
Me too, but Comcrap doesn't make HBOGo available (here/in general) via Roku so it probably won't show up on TiVo either.
So you can't even get HBO Go on your computer? Until that happens, yes def no way you will see it on any devices.

on Cablevision Raritan Valley system (Central NJ)
w/ Cisco PKM803 CableCARD on firmware 1.5.3.1101

*** 2013 newbie to Tivo ***
AdamNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #5
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNJ View Post
So you can't even get HBO Go on your computer? Until that happens, yes def no way you will see it on any devices.
No Comcast has some weird dispute with Roku. You can get HBOGo on a PC or on an AppleTV, but not via Roku. I just heard about this recently so I'm not sure what the exact problem is. Probably some sort of money issue.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:06 PM   #6
halfsheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
No Comcast has some weird dispute with Roku. You can get HBOGo on a PC or on an AppleTV, but not via Roku. I just heard about this recently so I'm not sure what the exact problem is. Probably some sort of money issue.
Comcast wont let hbogo work on the new ps3 app either. So, even if it comes to tivo, us comcast losers may be SOL anyway.
halfsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:07 PM   #7
d_vail

What's the point of hbo go on tivo? Is this just for the people who don't have on demand yet? I live In California and do have on demand and get all my hbo shows on there. I thought recently comcast announced they were starting to roll it out to all markets now for tivo users?
d_vail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:14 PM   #8
TivoQueensDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_vail View Post
What's the point of hbo go on tivo? Is this just for the people who don't have on demand yet? I live In California and do have on demand and get all my hbo shows on there. I thought recently comcast announced they were starting to roll it out to all markets now for tivo users?
In Cablevision Land, there's no such thing as "On Demand" for anyone with a cablecard. There's no "yet". I doubt they will ever add it. Besides - even if they did, the HBO Go app on my Roku is much better than Cablevision's on demand interface (that you need a cable box to get). I assume a Tivo HBO GO App would be a decent app, hopefully in HD with the current channel still running in the upper right corner of the screen while I "shop" for a show to watch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Toshiba RS-TX20 (Retired after Tivo abandoned software updates)

Tivo Roamio Pro (lifetime)
Tivo Mini (lifetime)
TivoQueensDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #9
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_vail View Post
Yeah if you live in Comcast territory then you probably don't have much use for it. But Comcast only accounts for like 20% of cable users. The rest of us live in areas with cable companies that are not so TiVo friendly.