TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #31
Beryl
Registered User
 
Beryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,690
Oh no! I hope Jessica stays. Besides her passive aggressive yet cut-throat manner, I love watching what she wears to the office.

(I'm thinking that the actress might have better career alternatives that await her though. )
__________________
HD XL
Premiere

Last edited by Beryl : 08-21-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Beryl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #32
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 36,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flop View Post
After this season, I have decided the show would be improved immensely if Jessica could just be gone. Oh, and take the Brits with her. I enjoyed the show much more when it was more about Harvey and Mike and their cases rather than who's pissed at who, who stabbed who in the back, who has a big personal grudge, and some season-long never ending convoluted case that I can't even keep track of any more.

Which brings up a point. Why was the oil company CEO being charged in the US in the first place for something that I think happened in a foreign country? Wouldn't that country have to have her extradited to stand trial in their country for violating their laws?
Yes, that's a great point. Both the bribery charge and the murder charge should have been brought in the jurisdiction where they allegedly occurred, not in the US. So it's all a bunch of BS anyway. But of course, they need the case for the plot, so the ultra-smart lawyers at Pearson _________ would never think of the jurisdiction issue.
__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #33
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 5,526
Totally agree what's been said. They are just making all the characters unlikeable.
Gotta get rid of the oil/murder storyline.
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #34
betts4
I am Spartacus!
 
betts4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: A Galaxy far, far away....
Posts: 26,293
TC CLUB MEMBER
I love the show. I love Harvey and Mike. That said, it was fun to watch Louis and Mike together.

As others have said, this story arc needs to end like...now. Way overdrawn.

I did chuckle at the Brit calling Jessica out for getting on a plane to London just to meet with him for a few minutes on the sidewalk. I mean really, who does that?
__________________
I agree with Betts. angbear1985
"You bettsed your claim" Bryhamm



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:42 AM   #35
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME
 
Jesda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Middle
Posts: 12,546
I also preferred when the show was about Harvey being the bad cop and Mike being the good cop as they worked cases together.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:26 AM   #36
Regina
I've got Jewbs!
 
Regina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushikitten View Post
Harvey's an annoying guy but I wouldn't kick him out of bed. So I'll keep watching regardless.
Buzzfeed, I think it was, did a countdown of the 50 hottest Jewish men in Hollywood, and Gabriel Macht (Harvey) was number 9 or 10....ooooohhh, baby........
__________________
Calling Illegal Aliens "Undocumented Workers" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists." (I am a licensed Pharmacist.)
Regina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:32 AM   #37
ADG
Allan
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 1,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I did chuckle at the Brit calling Jessica out for getting on a plane to London just to meet with him for a few minutes on the sidewalk. I mean really, who does that?
I believe it was Toronto, not London.
__________________
Allan
Forum Admin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #38
cheesesteak
Meh.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: 15 mins from Philly
Posts: 24,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
When he was quoting Pulp Fiction I thought he said motherf**** but he may have said something like it.
The closed captions said "mother flecker".
__________________

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #39
cheesesteak
Meh.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: 15 mins from Philly
Posts: 24,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flop View Post
Which brings up a point. Why was the oil company CEO being charged in the US in the first place for something that I think happened in a foreign country? Wouldn't that country have to have her extradited to stand trial in their country for violating their laws?
I've been wondering about this since the beginning of the story arc. There must be a legal reason. I find it hard to believe the writers are that dumb.
__________________

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #40
Bob Coxner
Registered User
 
Bob Coxner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Yes, that's a great point. Both the bribery charge and the murder charge should have been brought in the jurisdiction where they allegedly occurred, not in the US. So it's all a bunch of BS anyway. But of course, they need the case for the plot, so the ultra-smart lawyers at Pearson _________ would never think of the jurisdiction issue.
Foreign Corrupt Practices Act http://www.justice.gov/criminal/fraud/fcpa/

The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977, as amended, 15 U.S.C. §§ 78dd-1, et seq. ("FCPA"), was enacted for the purpose of making it unlawful for certain classes of persons and entities to make payments to foreign government officials to assist in obtaining or retaining business.

However, that's a federal law and this case is supposedly being dealt with by the Manhattan District Attorney's office (NY State, not federal). Also, the law only affects US companies or when the bribery takes place inside the US - neither of which apply in this case.

As for the local DA handling a murder case that happened in Africa, that's really a joke.
__________________
Sceptre 40" X405BV-FHD3
Sony 34" HD KD34XBR970
R22 DVR / HR20-700 HD DVR
DirecTV since 1999
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #41
betts4
I am Spartacus!
 
betts4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: A Galaxy far, far away....
Posts: 26,293
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADG View Post
I believe it was Toronto, not London.
Okay, I just got the feeling it was a bit of a ride for a 5 minute meeting. And I think the british guy did too.
__________________
I agree with Betts. angbear1985
"You bettsed your claim" Bryhamm



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #42
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 36,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post

Okay, I just got the feeling it was a bit of a ride for a 5 minute meeting. And I think the british guy did too.
Although it was kinda fun when he came to NY to tell her something and she threw that line back in his face.
__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #43
AeneaGames
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Okay, I just got the feeling it was a bit of a ride for a 5 minute meeting. And I think the british guy did too.
It was Toronto.

Even though it isn't that far from NY to Toronto it's still crazy to fly there when it can be done over the phone.
AeneaGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #44
wprager
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I love the show. I love Harvey and Mike. That said, it was fun to watch Louis and Mike together.

As others have said, this story arc needs to end like...now. Way overdrawn.

I did chuckle at the Brit calling Jessica out for getting on a plane to London just to meet with him for a few minutes on the sidewalk. I mean really, who does that?
It was Toronto. The CN Tower was in the background.


I've recently noticed a "Canadian Casting" in the credits, looks like they are filming in Toronto. Is it new this season?
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #45
wprager
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeneaGames View Post
It was Toronto.

Even though it isn't that far from NY to Toronto it's still crazy to fly there when it can be done over the phone.
It almost looked like it was done in-your-face on purpose. They are definitely filming the show in Toronto but I am not sure this was done in previous seasons. It's almost like they wanted to shout out "We are now filming in Hogtown!"
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #46
AeneaGames
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by wprager View Post
It was Toronto. The CN Tower was in the background.


I've recently noticed a "Canadian Casting" in the credits, looks like they are filming in Toronto. Is it new this season?
Nope, has been since the first season. You didn't know they shot in Toronto? That surprises me!
AeneaGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #47
AeneaGames
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by wprager View Post
It almost looked like it was done in-your-face on purpose. They are definitely filming the show in Toronto but I am not sure this was done in previous seasons. It's almost like they wanted to shout out "We are now filming in Hogtown!"
As far as I know it has always been shot in Toronto, but this was the one scene where they didn't have to pretend to be in New York so they made it pretty obvious
AeneaGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:22 AM   #48
wprager
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeneaGames View Post
As far as I know it has always been shot in Toronto, but this was the one scene where they didn't have to pretend to be in New York so they made it pretty obvious
Really? I'm over on the Orphan Black thread complaining about audio production values in Toronto, how I can always spot those shows (as opposed to Vancouver ones). Now I feel foolish -- but Orphan Black has a pretty bad score which additionally drowns out the dialog. I don't have a similar issue with Suits (although I always watch with subtitles; for Orphan Black I could not find a subtitle file that was in synch with the video).
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #49
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 33,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymalkin View Post
I think the Mike-Rachel bit with the "Sugar Honey Iced Tea" was some sort of homage to the episode of The Wire where two detectives used nothing but the F-word in examining a crime scene. For three solid minutes, IIRC.

(I probably don't recall 100% correctly -- I was reminded about it by a chapter in Alan Sepinwall's "The Revolution Was Televised." Great book.)
It also reminded me of the South Park episode, probably 10 or more years ago, which was something like "The night of 1000 SH**S" where toward the end they tried to cram in as many of them as they could. (It might be the first basic cable show I could remember where they didn't bleep out the curse words).

FX has always let curse words go, but USA Network never used them...I think Suits was the first show I could remember that they let it go. It doesn't bother me unless it's over used in places where we wouldn't use it in normal conversation. If Harvey goes "You're full of...." I'm fine with it. If they just use the word as an exclamation at the end of the sentence, then, it bothers me a little. Then it just seems like it's being used for shock value.

On this last episode, it's the first time I remember ANYONE using the MF curse on basic cable.

Also, if you don't want to deal with the cursing, simply record the morning repeats of the episodes. They blank them out.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #50
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 33,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Buzzfeed, I think it was, did a countdown of the 50 hottest Jewish men in Hollywood, and Gabriel Macht (Harvey) was number 9 or 10....ooooohhh, baby........
But he's not a Jewish Doctor, and only plays a lawyer on TV. Moma wouldn't approve
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #51
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 33,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeneaGames View Post
As far as I know it has always been shot in Toronto, but this was the one scene where they didn't have to pretend to be in New York so they made it pretty obvious
According to IMDB it's filmed in both NY and Toronto. The external shots DO look like NY to me. Maybe just the externals are filmed in NY? FWIW they list NY first, not sure if that matters.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1632701/...?ref_=tt_dt_dt
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #52
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 36,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
On this last episode, it's the first time I remember ANYONE using the MF curse on basic cable.
He didn't use the MF curse. He said Mother Flecker.
__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #53
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 33,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
He didn't use the MF curse. He said Mother Flecker.
If he said that, it sure wasn't very clear. I relayed it three times and each time it sounded exactly like the curse word to me.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #54
AeneaGames
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by wprager View Post
Really? I'm over on the Orphan Black thread complaining about audio production values in Toronto, how I can always spot those shows (as opposed to Vancouver ones). Now I feel foolish -- but Orphan Black has a pretty bad score which additionally drowns out the dialog. I don't have a similar issue with Suits (although I always watch with subtitles; for Orphan Black I could not find a subtitle file that was in synch with the video).
Yeah I know you said that in the Orphan Black thread, hence why I also said in another reply that I found it weird you hadn't noticed it

There are many shows that are actually filmed in Toronto, some you might know about either like Covert Affairs, Falling Skies, Hannibal, etc.
AeneaGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #55
AeneaGames
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
According to IMDB it's filmed in both NY and Toronto. The external shots DO look like NY to me. Maybe just the externals are filmed in NY? FWIW they list NY first, not sure if that matters.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1632701/...?ref_=tt_dt_dt
I've searched for it, most of it is filmed in Toronto but once a year they go to NY for some exterior shots. So it's still a Toronto production...
AeneaGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #56
wprager
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
He didn't use the MF curse. He said Mother Flecker.
"Mother Flecker" was used on a couple of occasions. Reminds me of "Fast Times" being shown on CTV (Canada), the scene after they destroy Forest Whitaker's Corvette, the kid says "He's gonna slit!" -- and then he repeats it a few times.

Anyhow, it was ironic how Mike ribs Omar about not properly quoting Pulp Fiction and then he himself says "mother flecker". Or is that not a proper definition of irony?
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #57
wprager
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeneaGames View Post
Yeah I know you said that in the Orphan Black thread, hence why I also said in another reply that I found it weird you hadn't noticed it

There are many shows that are actually filmed in Toronto, some you might know about either like Covert Affairs, Falling Skies, Hannibal, etc.
Three other shows I don't watch. Rookie Blue is the most obvious one (has "made in Canada" all over it).


Anyhow, Orphan Black was pretty good, I'll catch S2 on Space (Canada's version of SyFy), if I can wait long enough. And Suits has been a favorite for my wife and me for a while. Although I have to admit sometimes it gets more complicated than it should -- it's a guilty pleasure show, really, not as deep as it sometimes thinks it is.
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:54 AM   #58
Beryl
Registered User
 
Beryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,690
Tonight's episode was good enough to put the show back on my top 10 list. Harvey is still annoying but I loved his interaction with Stephen. But then, I like Max Beesley in just about anything.
__________________
HD XL
Premiere
Beryl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #59
cheesesteak
Meh.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: 15 mins from Philly
Posts: 24,944
The 8/27 episode contained 12 s-bombs. Seems low compared to the previous week's episode.

Louis and Nigel need to just do it and get it out of the way.
__________________

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #60
whitson77
Director Level
 
whitson77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 19,165
I thought the cat case was pretty painful to watch. But at least it looks like we are nearly done with the Ava Hessington case.
whitson77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |