TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
TheWizz

Red Lights Not Working on Pro

The Red Lights on the front of my Roamio Pro aren't working. Doesn't matter if I am recording 1 or 6 shows, no (red) lights come on. The Power and Remote lights do work, but not the red ones. I haven't downloaded anything yet, so don't know about the blue light. I did check the settings and made sure the front lights switch was "on".

Any ideas as to why they aren't working? Anyone else having similar issues or know how to get them working?
TheWizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
Bwatford141

I think I remember reading that they do not light up.
Bwatford141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
gibbyscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwatford141 View Post
I think I remember reading that they do not light up.
Wrong - they totally light up. I have the pro and there are 6 red lights that will show depending on how many tuners are recording.
gibbyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
MeInDallas

You dont see these lights coming on?

[IMG][/IMG]
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #5
Bwatford141

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbyscott View Post
Wrong - they totally light up. I have the pro and there are 6 red lights that will show depending on how many tuners are recording.
Thanks for the heads up. I thought that it would be pretty lame if they didn't.
Bwatford141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #6
BlackBetty
I <3 TiVo!

I heard the lights are hard to see. So I can understand if the OP didn't notice them.
BlackBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #7
HenryFarpolo

They are just not easy to see if you are a distance from the TIVO unit. The red shows but counting the the number of tuners in use is not easy...Especially for older eyes!!
HenryFarpolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #8
TheWizz

I got right up to them and even turned the lights off in the room. They are not on, even a little bit.

Really weird... I guess I'll call Tivo Support tomorrow if no one else has any ideas.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #9
mdscott

On older models you are able to disable front panel lights from one of the "Settings" screens. Not having a Roamio I am not sure if this has been carried forward into the new models.

michael
Old 08-28-2013, 04:53 AM   #10
Millionaire2K

The red lights are VERY easy to see on mine. Also if his other lights work fine im sure the settings are not off.
Millionaire2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #11
TheWizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdscott View Post
On older models you are able to disable front panel lights from one of the "Settings" screens. Not having a Roamio I am not sure if this has been carried forward into the new models.

michael
There is such an option, however, I made sure it was turned "on" to show the front panel lights. I don't know what else to do...
Old 08-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #12
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWizz View Post
There is such an option, however, I made sure it was turned "on" to show the front panel lights. I don't know what else to do...
Either exchange it or open it up and see if the leds that supplies light is not connected or has shifted.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #13
TheWizz

Contacted Tivo Support. They can't resolve it, so... sending it back for a new one. Fun Fun!
Old 02-22-2014, 06:42 PM   #14
Millionaire2K

And now all of a sudden TODAY my red lights STOPPED working. My green light still works. I tried a reboot and I confirmed the settings for the front panel. I'm so upset now. I don't want to exchange the dang box over a dumb light. But I also don't want a broken box!

Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it without having to send the box back?
Old 02-22-2014, 09:04 PM   #15
aaronwt
HD Addict

I would think if it's out, the only chance to fix it would be to open it up. But even that is no guarantee it could fix it. So your only real guarantee of getting it fixed is to get it exchanged.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:22 AM   #16
Millionaire2K

The Blue AND Red lights do not work on my box. They worked for months now they don't. Green and Yellow work fine.

Can Tivo fix the box and mail me the same box back? My guess is they could swap out the right light assembly?
Old 02-23-2014, 06:35 AM   #17
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millionaire2K View Post
Can Tivo fix the box and mail me the same box back? My guess is they could swap out the right light assembly?
They could...but I don't think TiVo works that way. I'd be willing to bet they send out the broken boxes to be refurbished by a 3rd party.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #18
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millionaire2K View Post
The Blue AND Red lights do not work on my box. They worked for months now they don't. Green and Yellow work fine.

They would be replacing the box. You will not get the same box back.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:36 PM   #19
HarperVision

If you're worried about saving your recordings you could ask TiVo for an advanced replacement unit where you give them a credit card and they pre-authorize payment for another Roamio, ship it to you, then you ship the old one back after the new one gets delivered and they credit you back when your broken one is received back by them. This way you could plug in the new one first and transfer your non-copy protected recordings to it, then ship them your broken one back for credit.
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:43 AM   #20
bmgoodman

I had a "friend" whose Roamio Pro green power light suddenly stopped working last fall. Upon opening the case, it was found that the wires connecting several of the front panel lights to the motherboard were not very securely connected. IIRC, a gentle, careful push of each wire at the motherboard fixed the problem.
bmgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #21
Millionaire2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmgoodman View Post
I had a "friend" whose Roamio Pro green power light suddenly stopped working last fall. Upon opening the case, it was found that the wires connecting several of the front panel lights to the motherboard were not very securely connected. IIRC, a gentle, careful push of each wire at the motherboard fixed the problem.
BEST ADVISE EVER!!

I removed the cover and instantly saw the problem. The cable was put in crooked and was half out. I pushed the other half down and BAM, it WORKS!!

WOOOO!

Thanks a "Million"
Old 03-29-2014, 06:19 PM   #22
arthuryang42

I had the same problem and opened the case and confirmed the LED wires were very loosely connected. I pushed it into the socket and and voila, the red recording lights came on. The connector for the power LED was also barely connected and I pushed those in also.

It is really easy to do, for anyone who might be scared to do this on their own. The hardest thing is to see if you have the right kind of screwdriver to unscrew the cover!
arthuryang42 is offline   Reply With Quote