TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
barrett14

Anyone else having these issues?

I have been using the Roamio Plus for a few days and have been wondering if anyone else has been having these issues

1. Tivo box will freeze and reset periodically. This has happened three times or so.

2. A channel will not work (Says signal strength is low or the channel isn't provided). I can fix it by either changing to another channel and changing back, or sometimes I have to reset the Tivo. Then the channel will work again. (I am using Charter).
barrett14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
aztivo

I don't have my S5 yet, however this sounds like your cc may not be seated properly
aztivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
tomhorsley

Do you have a Scientific Atlanta cable (or maybe Cisco) cable card with very very old firmware (mine is dated June 2007)? You can find the info in the cable card diag screen. This exact sort of behavior has afflicted my Premier ever since they released the 20.3 software for it (actually it happened before 20.3 as well, but not nearly as frequently).
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
barrett14

Yes I have a scientific Atlanta cable card (It is from 2007). Should I call Charter and get a new Cable Card?
Old 08-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
tomhorsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett14 View Post
Yes I have a scientific Atlanta cable card (It is from 2007). Should I call Charter and get a new Cable Card?
You could try, but Comcast claims the new firmware can't be installed till they upgrade their whole infrastructure in my area, which is supposed to be "soon". All their cable cards are running the same buggy firmware. TiVo also claims they will have a 20.3 update "soon" which might help the problem, so it is a race to see which "soon" comes first (with my expectation that I'd be surprised if it happened by Christmas).
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #6
cpgny9

No lock ups on my Roamio Plus (yet- knock on wood), but I did have the channel problem. I would get that message that I wasn't authorized to receive channel. Crazy thing was, I was having no problem on one tuner, but all the others were. It was especially happening on the premium channels , HBO, etc.

When I got the tivo, I went through and set everything up prior to calling and switching my cable card over from my old unit (no TA needed here). What ended up fixing the problem for me was pulling out the card (while the unit was on), putting it back in, waited for it to be recognized, re-ran the guided setup, rebooted the unit and when it came back on...no problems. I'm thinking that maybe somehow it recognizes something on the card during the guided setup that it didn't the first time I did it without the card in. Who knows, but its worked perfectly since then. Been running it for 2 days now.
cpgny9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #7
barrett14

Quick update:

I picked up a new cable card (Cisco) and installed it. I called Charter and had them sync the new card... Now my premium channels don't work (HBO, Showtime etc...). They couldn't figure it out over the phone so they are sending a tech to my house tomorrow to look at it.

Any ideas on why the premium channels are not working with the new Cisco card?
Old 08-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #8
jfh3

Quote:
Quick update:

I picked up a new cable card (Cisco) and installed it. I called Charter and had them sync the new card... Now my premium channels don't work (HBO, Showtime etc...). They couldn't figure it out over the phone so they are sending a tech to my house tomorrow to look at it.

Any ideas on why the premium channels are not working with the new Cisco card?
CableCARD is Not paired/validated properly.
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #9
Millionaire2K

Quote:
I have been using the Roamio Plus for a few days and have been wondering if anyone else has been having these issues

1. Tivo box will freeze and reset periodically. This has happened three times or so.

2. A channel will not work (Says signal strength is low or the channel isn't provided). I can fix it by either changing to another channel and changing back, or sometimes I have to reset the Tivo. Then the channel will work again. (I am using Charter).
What is your signal strength?
Millionaire2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #10
barrett14

Signal strength is 100%.

For the Not Paired comment - nothing I can do on my end is there? I had two different charter reps do their thing for it.