TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
TheWizz

440 hours of recording left and shows being deleted?

I just installed a new Roamio Pro last night and recorded a few sample shows to start learning how to do things with the Tivo vs. DTV DVRs. This morning I still had around 440 HD hours left to record and one of the shows I recorded last night had a yellow mark next to it starting it was about to be deleted. How is this possible with 440 HD hours left?? I did set it up as keep until it needs the space, but with 99% space left, I don't understand why it would start to even attempt to delete a show so soon.

Am I doing something wrong or is this perhaps a bug? Thanks in advance.
TheWizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
jgerry
save vinyl

All is well. The yellow mark just means it's in the queue to be deleted, as opposed to being set to never be deleted, which you generally have to set manually, or when you set up your season passes or wishlists. It won't actually be deleted for a very very very long time.
jgerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
justinw

The yellow mark next to the show just says it "could" be deleted if it needs the space. Every show gets that after 24 hours. Ignore it.
justinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
innocentfreak

TiVo calculates this also based off the setting for number of episodes and upcoming shows. If you have a full To Do list this could be why. Also if you have a show like Top Gear on the BBCA which runs tons of reruns and you have it set for only 5 or 10 episodes, this could also be why.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
TheWizz

Thanks for the quick replies! I only have 6 shows in the Season Pass so far and 440 hours left, so that is why I got concerned.
TheWizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #6
andyf

I don't think the yellow '!' exists anymore. I have shows a week old on a Roamio and a month old on a Premiere and they show as a blue solid circle. KUID shows as a solid green circle. Same in the iPad app.

Are there any other instances that will cause a yellow '!' to show up?
Old 08-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #7
innocentfreak

It does. I see it on my Elite all the time.

Set a series recording of something that reruns, but set it for a single episode to keep and you will see it when it is done recording. It will show immediately since it will be deleted when the next repeat airs.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #8
andyf

Thanks! Not my usage scenario.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #9
innocentfreak

I don't use it for everything, but I have some shows like Top Gear just in case I feel like watching an episode. I rarely do so it doesn't make sense to keep more than one. The same goes for Nothing But Trailers on Axcess TV formerly HDNET. Most of the time it is the same movie trailers so no reason to keep several on hand.