TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
TheWizz

Season Pass Option Not Available to choose for some nightly reoccuring shows?

Hello. I just installed my Roamio Pro last night and attempted to setup some Season Passes for some of the shows I record on a DTV DVR. I started with my local news that comes on each night at 9PM or 10PM. I first tried to record the Fox News at 9PM and it wouldn't give me a Season Pass option - only a single show. So I went on to the 10PM news on ABC/CBS/NBC and all three were able to setup a Season Pass with no issues. I went ahead in the guide a few days and it was there and did show the Fox News being repeated each night at 9PM, so I'm confused as to why it would give you a Season Pass option for some shows and not others that are clearly repeating each night? I know I'm new to Tivo, but this seems pretty basic and quite odd. Curious if anyone else has run into this issue.
TheWizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
aaronwt
HD Addict

Usually you need to give a TiVo a few days to populate all of the guide data and other housekeeping it might do.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #3
innocentfreak

You might need to force a couple calls to get all the guide data. TiVo usually only downloads the initial 24 hours during guided setup and may not have called in again yet. Also it can sometimes take a day or two for all the guide data to be indexed since it is starting from scratch.

Some shows also just give bad guide data. You also have the option to setup a manual recurring recording for certain timeslots and channels.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
TheWizz

I thought some of that too, which is why I went out several days in the future and did see future airings of the Fox News. I also tried it again this afternoon and it still won't give me the Season Pass option.

What do you mean by "force a couple calls"??
Old 08-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
innocentfreak

Go under Network in settings and you should see make TiVo connection now. I forget the exact name now since I am not in front of it. This will cause the TiVo to dial home to download the next set of guide data if there is new data since the last call.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #6
TheWizz

Thanks for the tip - I'll give it a try.

BTW - I was able to go online and schedule the season pass for Fox News with no issues. Now we'll see if it actually works/records each night. I actually like the online scheduling feature better than the one on the TIVO.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
innocentfreak

If you could do it on Tivo.com, it is more than likely you don't have the guide data fully added or indexed yet. Under system info it will tell you how far out your guide data goes and how far it is indexed to.

For scheduling you should also try their apps, IOS is better than their Android app, and KMTTG for any laptop or desktop.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:59 PM   #8
jfh3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWizz View Post
I thought some of that too, which is why I went out several days in the future and did see future airings of the Fox News. I also tried it again this afternoon and it still won't give me the Season Pass option.
TiVo not allowing a season pass for a Fox News? Wow, the scheduling algorithm is even more sophisticated than I thought ...
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:27 AM   #9
Sethb

Make sure you don't have an active season pass on another box that MRS is enabled with, as I've seen that prevent you from creating a new one...
Sethb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #10
TheWizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh3 View Post
TiVo not allowing a season pass for a Fox News? Wow, the scheduling algorithm is even more sophisticated than I thought ...
LOL. I could believe that if it was MSNBC.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:36 AM   #11
TheWizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethb View Post
Make sure you don't have an active season pass on another box that MRS is enabled with, as I've seen that prevent you from creating a new one...
What is MRS?? This is my first Tivo, as I'm switching from DTV H34, so not the problem, but I'll keep that in mind if I ever need a second.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:40 AM   #12
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethb View Post
Having a season pass on one box should not affect creating an SP on a another box. Both of them can have the same SP with no issue. Right now, both of my Elites have around 120 identical Season Passes. I can use Mulit-Room Streaming with/between both of them as well as stream to my OTA only Premiere and two Minis.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote