TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
BruceShultes

Amazon Shipping Warning

I am having video problems with the TiVo Roamio Pro I originally ordered from weaKnees. No matter whether I try HDMI or Component I cannot get any video to show on my Panasonic TV.

Anyway, today I decided it must just be a bad box and, since Amazon still showed they would have them available on the 28th, I ordered another Pro through Amazon.

Since I am also a member of Amazon Prime, I expected it to show 2-day shipping or at least present an option to pay for faster shipping.

When I received an e-mail confirming my order, it said it would be shipped via ground. It also says the delivery date will be anywhere between September 4th and September 19th.
BruceShultes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
NJChris
Moogs!

Did you make sure it was prime eligible? That it wasn't from a marketplace seller instead of Amazon? When amazon is out of stock they do show other offers, which may not be prime eligible.

But, still - it should have said all this before you paid and were in your cart.

Edit: Just looked on Amazon and the one that comes up is sold by Weaknees .. you have to pick the amazon one on the right side if you want that, tho I suspect their availability date is farther out than Weaknees' so it defaulted to showing theirs. You can cancel and re-order if you wanted.
NJChris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
mntvjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceShultes View Post
I am having video problems with the TiVo Roamio Pro I originally ordered from weaKnees. No matter whether I try HDMI or Component I cannot get any video to show on my Panasonic TV.

Anyway, today I decided it must just be a bad box and, since Amazon still showed they would have them available on the 28th, I ordered another Pro through Amazon.

Since I am also a member of Amazon Prime, I expected it to show 2-day shipping or at least present an option to pay for faster shipping.

When I received an e-mail confirming my order, it said it would be shipped via ground. It also says the delivery date will be anywhere between September 4th and September 19th.
This is because it is NOT shipping from Amazon. If you look, it says "sold from and shipped by Weaknees". If you want to ship from Amazon, you have to select other options. This is because Amazon is out of stock for 1-3 weeks, so they are using a seller that shows they will have stock on 8/28 (although if you look at the Weaknees site, it now says expected ship date on the Plus and Pro to be 8/30).
mntvjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
BruceShultes

That may be my problem. The amazon web page does show that it will be shipped by weaKnees.

However, when I placed my original order directly through weaKnees, there was an option to pay more for 2-day shipping, so I would at least have expected an opportunity to pay for faster shipping even if it is not Prime eligible.
BruceShultes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
jgerry
save vinyl

I'm a Prime member and ordered from Weaknees via Amazon and didn't get an option for faster shipping. I would have paid for it if available.
jgerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #6
donsullivan

I ordered a base unit on Thursday from Amazon and it shipped from Amazon LLC which allowed overnight Prime shipping so I got it Friday. This is a normal issue with Amazon if the item is shipping from a partner vs. Amazon directly, you don't always have shipping options with partners.
donsullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #7
Millionaire2K

The marketplace seller "Weaknees" will be featured on the main page until Amazon has it back in stock or another seller makes a better offer.

With all marketplace seller shipped items prime is not an option. The seller "Weaknees" sets whatever price and times he wants for shipping.

Amazon is still taking orders and they offer prime and 1 day shipping. Be sure Amazon is the seller.

NOTE: On the 24th I ordered via Amazon prime a Backordered Basic unit (My 2nd). It says ships in 1-3 weeks. Today the status of the order updated to shipping now and it will be delivered on the 30th.
Millionaire2K is offline   Reply With Quote