TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
cwaipoi

Who has a Roamio in stock

So I have a comcast installation scheduled for this weekend and was hoping to use a Roamio. WHo has them in stock at the moment - Amazon doesn't, Best Buy doesn't, Walmart doesn't, weakness doesn't...
cwaipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #2
Smirks
.:. Hello .:.

Guess it depends on where you live. Several Best Buys in my area have them in stock.

Have you tried tivo.com?
Smirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #3
cwaipoi

In the Chicagoland area. Yes i guess Tivo is an option, although their 2-day shipping charge is silly.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #4
atmuscarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaipoi View Post
So I have a comcast installation scheduled for this weekend and was hoping to use a Roamio. WHo has them in stock at the moment - Amazon doesn't, Best Buy doesn't, Walmart doesn't, weakness doesn't...
Which one are you looking for?
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #5
cwaipoi

The Plus.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #6
Smirks
.:. Hello .:.

Perhaps if you go for the Plus with lifetime service they'll throw in free upgraded shipping?

I think I read in another thread that someone was able to finagle that, just by asking.
Smirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #7
cwaipoi

I guess that's an option, although i'm not really that interested in lifetime. I suspect that there will be deals on that in the next couple of years as the whole TV landscape continues to change.

Maybe i'll just get comcast to install with their DVR and swap in the Tivo when it's available.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #8
matt8268

Seems stock is hard to get at the moment. Amazon had said Weaknees would have stock on 8/27, today that changed to 8/30. I ordered from SolidSignal that said they had the Plus in stock, today they told me the manufacturer did not have the stock they were expecting. I called Tivo yesterday. They (said they) have everything in stock, and I offered to buy a Plus and a mini, both with lifetime service, but they would not waive the $90 2-day shipping charge (after checking with a supervisor). They didn't seem too interested in getting me to place an order. My guess is the Roamio is selling very well and they don't have to incent the early adopters any more.
matt8268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #9
aristoBrat

The Best Buy website shows the Magnolia Store location in my area has both the Plus and Pro in stock.
aristoBrat is offline   Reply With Quote