TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
DaveDFW

Roamio + tuning adapter = suggestions?

Tivo has acknowledged that certain Premieres attached to tuning adapters fail to record suggestions. Tivo Margret mentioned a fix was planned for the upcoming fall update.

Do we have any data on whether this failure mode is still present on the Roamio platform?

It's possible that only those end users who experienced the failure with a Premiere and have now upgraded to a Roamio will have an answer.
DaveDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
monkeydust

My Roamio is recording suggestions just fine and I was having those issues with my Elite.
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
DaveDFW

I hope the bug is fixed! I will discover for myself later this week.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
monkeydust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDFW View Post
I hope the bug is fixed! I will discover for myself later this week.
Hard to say. The bug will fix itself for a couple of weeks if the TA is unplugged for a bit but so far so good on the suggestions with my plus.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:00 AM   #5
ahwman

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydust View Post
My Roamio is recording suggestions just fine and I was having those issues with my Elite.
How long did it take for your Roamio to start recording suggestions after you set it up? It's been about 14 hours for me and I still don't see any suggestions.

Thank you.
ahwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:07 AM   #6
monkeydust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwman View Post
How long did it take for your Roamio to start recording suggestions after you set it up? It's been about 14 hours for me and I still don't see any suggestions.

Thank you.
I don't know exactly but much of the Tivo functionality doesn't kick in immediately (may take up to a couple of days for some things). But, within a day I went though some of my favorite channels and was giving thumb ratings to the shows I watch. Since installing a week ago, I have about 80-90 suggestions recorded now.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:13 AM   #7
ahwman

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydust View Post
I don't know exactly but much of the Tivo functionality doesn't kick in immediately (may take up to a couple of days for some things). But, within a day I went though some of my favorite channels and was giving thumb ratings to the shows I watch. Since installing a week ago, I have about 80-90 suggestions recorded now.
Thank you, I'll continue to cross my fingers that suggestions start to appear as the only way I could get them working with my XL4 was to put the tuning adapter on a timer and I certainly don't want to have to go through that again

Also, there's no way that I can find to even see if a list of suggestions are populating on the Roamio like you could in the old HDUI.
ahwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #8
DaveDFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwman View Post
Also, there's no way that I can find to even see if a list of suggestions are populating on the Roamio like you could in the old HDUI.
The suggestions list is in the same place as in the Premiere HDUI:

Find TV, Movies & Videos --> Browse TV --> TV --> Suggestions

My Roamio is successfully populating the list and recording suggestions, without the need for me to intervene by powering down the tuning adapter.