TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 200 votes, 4.99 average.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:42 PM   #31
Ash Sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey ghost View Post
It's a Cisco 2012 card, put out in June or July 2012. If I can give you any more details without having to unseat the card, I will be happy to give it to you.
You can go into the settings and cable card menu in the TIVO interface without unseating the card and get all kinds of info...
Tivo Home
Settings and messages
account and system info
cablecard decoder
cable card options
cable card menu
cablecard diag screen
Will understand if it is inconvenient - thanks for responding.
Ash Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:45 PM   #32
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
It's a Cisco 2012 card, put out in June or July 2012. If I can give you any more details without having to unseat the card, I will be happy to give it to you.
Go to:
Settings & Messages > Account & System Info > CableCARD Decoder > CableCARD Options > CableCARD Menu > Cisco CableCARD Diag Screen

List the following:
H/W Model:
Bldr Ver:
OS Ver:
Build Time:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:48 PM   #33
innocentfreak

Similar to the FiOS encryption issue, I would recommend you email Margret @tivo.com. You should send her as much info as you can along with your TSNs.

I would include any and all steps taken to recreate the issue. The more specific info the better.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #34
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

The Cisco CableCARD Release Bulletin for 1.5.2.3001 lists Fix channel change failure on 6th stream that has Pgm Index=5
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/vide...1.5.2.3001.pdf

However, prior to Cox launching their own 6 tuner DVR they updated all Cisco CableCARDs to 1.5.3_F.p.0601 and Cox is using this same OS Version on their 6 tuner Cisco DVR, the only difference is Cox is using the newest PKM908 CableCARD in their DVR.

The Cisco CableCARD Release Bulletin for 1.5.3.0601
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/vide...1.5.3.0601.pdf

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:21 AM   #35
grey ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
Go to:
Settings & Messages > Account & System Info > CableCARD Decoder > CableCARD Options > CableCARD Menu > Cisco CableCARD Diag Screen

List the following:
H/W Model:
Bldr Ver:
OS Ver:
Build Time:
Ash, you didn't specify what info you needed.

Cox, you did specify, but I couldn't find exactly the stuff you were asking for.

I went to the spot you specified. I'm not well educated as to what all this stuff means, but I saw specified in the card info:

Decrypt/Record Channels: 6
Firmware version: PKEY 1.5.2_F.p. 140
Network Controller ID: 1933
Manufacture ID: 259

I hope this will be useful to those asking for further information
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:29 AM   #36
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

We have seen issues with some CableCARDs (with older firmware) that don't support 6 tuners. If you are experiencing this issue, please email me your:
- Roamio TSN
- info from the CableCARD screen, like Manufacturer and Firmware
- Cable Company and Zip Code

We have put in a way to tell Roamio to use fewer than 6 tuners. I will get the details on how to set that, and post it to this thread.

--Margret
TiVo Inc. *

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:30 AM   #37
geekmedic
TiVo Fanatic

There is an easier way to see if sll tuners are working instead of starting 6 simultaneous recordings.

Hit the info button then the down arrow. It'll show what channels the other 5 tuners are tuned to. You can use the arrow keys to jump to a specific tuner.

I tested mine by hitting the Live TV button to change tuners and changing that tuner to a different channel. I have a Motorola CableCARD with Comcast and all 6 tuners are currently working.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:48 AM   #38
grey ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmedic View Post
There is an easier way to see if sll tuners are working instead of starting 6 simultaneous recordings.

Hit the info button then the down arrow. It'll show what channels the other 5 tuners are tuned to. You can use the arrow keys to jump to a specific tuner.

I tested mine by hitting the Live TV button to change tuners and changing that tuner to a different channel. I have a Motorola CableCARD with Comcast and all 6 tuners are currently working.
Thanks Geek. I'm a Tivo virgin and I'm still feeling my way around a Tivo.

I still can't figure out how to hit stop(not pause), so I can stop/delete a show quickly.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:16 AM   #39
Rose4uKY

I just got a Premiere which I am sending back but I had it set to use one tuner for mini not 2. I have 2 minis so on the new Roamio you say it doesn't have this option cause it supports dynamic tuner allocation I know I can google it but what is that? Either way I'll be able to record at least 4 at once right or will it record 6 if I am not home watching any mini? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
Good thought, but this setting doesn't exist on the Roamio because it supports dynamic tuner allocation.

Just got our Roamio Plus today and am able to return our 3 1/2 week old 2TB Premiere. Still have my Series 3 with LT and not using my other 2 x series 3 trying to sell them. 10 Year Customer.
Rose4uKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:15 AM   #40
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

How to set the number of Tuners

If the CableCARD in your Roamio does not support 6 tuners, here is how to reduce the number of tuners Roamio will use:

Go to Settings > Channels > Channel List
and enter one of the following number sequences using the number buttons on the remote. This will tell Roamio the how many tuners it can use.
- 88633 = use 3 tuners
- 88634 = use 4 tuners
- 88635 = use 5 tuners
- 88636 = use 6 tuners

You should hear some "Thumbs Up" dings confirming the number of tuners Roamio will use.
TiVo Inc. *

Old 08-26-2013, 04:06 AM   #41
JWhites

Quote:
I actually have two Roamio Pros. Both have the same cards and both have the same problem. Maybe I should try to get the cards replaced in an attempt to get newer cards?
I fixed my post, I misread the numbers. PKEY_1.5.2_F.p.3001 is what Comcast is currently rolling out and using, not PKEY_1.5.3_F.p.0601

Last edited by JWhites : 08-26-2013 at 04:12 AM.
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:22 AM   #42
DCIFRTHS
I dumped SDV / cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
We have seen issues with some CableCARDs (with older firmware) that don't support 6 tuners. If you are experiencing this issue, please email me your:
- Roamio TSN
- info from the CableCARD screen, like Manufacturer and Firmware
- Cable Company and Zip Code

We have put in a way to tell Roamio to use fewer than 6 tuners. I will get the details on how to set that, and post it to this thread.

--Margret
I am considering purchasing one (possibly two) of the new boxes, and I have FiOS. Is there a way I can identify if my current cards support all 6 tuners?

Manufacturer: Motorola
HW: 0554050003
Boot: 04.01
FW*: 06.25

Thanks!
DCIFRTHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #43
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCIFRTHS View Post
I am considering purchasing one (possibly two) of the new boxes, and I have FiOS. Is there a way I can identify if my current cards support all 6 tuners?

Thanks!
I think Motorola cards don't have the issue. In any case I have same Motorola FW version you posted and all 6 tuners work for me (and that is also using a Tuning Adapter which you don't need).

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #44
DigitalDawn

Quote:
I'm a Comcast customer using a Scientific Atlantic card with a new Roamio Plus. After reading this thread, I decided to try out all 6 tuners. Currently I've got all 6 working and according to "My Shows", all 6 tuners are successfully working. I will watch the first portion of all the shows to confirm this, but I'm very hopeful.

This is my first Tivo so I'm not skillful at navigating around, but if someone will tell me where to go and what to look for, I'll be happy to get any information I can.
If you don't mind my asking -- where do you live?
DigitalDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #45
generaltso

Quote:
If the CableCARD in your Roamio does not support 6 tuners, here is how to reduce the number of tuners Roamio will use:
Thanks Margret. I'm going to try to exchange one of my cable cards with Comcast today to see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't, I'll force the Roamios to drop down to 4 tuners until we figure something else out.
generaltso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #46
shamilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCIFRTHS View Post

Thanks!
You may want to wait if you subscribe to HBO/Cinemax as there has been a rash of bugs reported on Roamio+FIOS.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=507823
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #47
grey ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDawn View Post
If you don't mind my asking -- where do you live?
Jackson, Mississippi
Old 08-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #48
speedy2
TivoAddict

Forwarded you my info

Quote:

and enter one of the following number sequences using the number buttons on the remote. This will tell Roamio the how many tuners it can use.
- 88633 = use 3 tuners
- 88634 = use 4 tuners
- 88635 = use 5 tuners
- 88636 = use 6 tuners

You should hear some "Thumbs Up" dings confirming the number of tuners Roamio will use.
I forwarded all the info you requested to your email address Margret.

speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #49
andyf

Quote:

- 88633 = use 3 tuners
- 88634 = use 4 tuners
- 88635 = use 5 tuners
- 88636 = use 6 tuners

So that did reduce the number of tuners but it doesn't specify which CC streams to use. I had 5 tuners working so I entered 88635. Now I only have 4 tuners working, the bad stream is still there, so reducing the number of tuners doesn't seem to work around the problem.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #50
andyf

Here's one thing I found at the end of the CA screens. What looks like the sixth stream in the CC doesn't have any numbers associated with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0430.jpg (38.8 KB, 197 views)
Old 08-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #51
HazelW

Quote:

- 88633 = use 3 tuners
- 88634 = use 4 tuners
- 88635 = use 5 tuners
- 88636 = use 6 tuners

How do you undo this?
HazelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #52
speedy2
TivoAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazelW View Post
How do you undo this?
I would just use 88636 = use 6 tuners to get your six tuners back.
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #53
andyf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazelW View Post
How do you undo this?
You can enter the code for 6 tuners. It doesn't come back right away but it does. I kept flipping through tuners, then one time there it was, back again.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #54
generaltso

I exchanged one of my old SA PKM800 cable cards and got a Cisco PKM801. I'll pop it in to one of the Roamio Pros when I get home and see if it fixes the problem. If so, I'll swap the other one tomorrow.

Does anyone know if the PKM801 runs the same firmware version as the PKM800?
Old 08-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #55
DCIFRTHS
I dumped SDV / cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I think Motorola cards don't have the issue. In any case I have same Motorola FW version you posted and all 6 tuners work for me (and that is also using a Tuning Adapter which you don't need).
Thanks for the info. Are your channels encrypted? What cable provider do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamilian View Post
You may want to wait if you subscribe to HBO/Cinemax as there has been a rash of bugs reported on Roamio+FIOS.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=507823
Thanks for the link, I'm off to check it out.
DCIFRTHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:51 PM   #56
JWhites

Quote:
I exchanged one of my old SA PKM800 cable cards and got a Cisco PKM801. I'll pop it in to one of the Roamio Pros when I get home and see if it fixes the problem. If so, I'll swap the other one tomorrow.

Does anyone know if the PKM801 runs the same firmware version as the PKM800?
Earlier in the year the Cisco PKM801 cards which are the newest cards out from Cisco (with the exception of the PKM908 which does 8 simultaneous streams) was running firmware from 2009 with Comcast, even though the build dates of the cards themselves are 2012 and 2013. I know this because I replaced two of my three SA PKM800's which were running 2010 firmware for two Cisco PKM801's back in March and there was not a required firmware update during the installation. The only time the firmware got updated was when Comcast rolled out the S26 software for their Cisco/SA set top boxes on Tuesday, April 09, 2013 at 4:26am in my area after the corresponding firmware update on Tuesday, April 09, 2013 at 3:03am. http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity...s/td-p/1501473 now the SA PKM800's, Cisco PKM801's, and the set top box's internal Cisco PKM803 are all running the same PKEY_1.5.2_F.p.3001 firmware.
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #57
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf View Post
So that did reduce the number of tuners but it doesn't specify which CC streams to use. I had 5 tuners working so I entered 88635. Now I only have 4 tuners working, the bad stream is still there, so reducing the number of tuners doesn't seem to work around the problem.
After you set your number of tuners down to 5, reboot your box, and let me know if you still are seeing the bad stream. Thanks.
TiVo Inc. *

Old 08-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #58
generaltso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
now the SA PKM800's, Cisco PKM801's, and the set top box's internal Cisco PKM803 are all running the same PKEY_1.5.2_F.p.3001 firmware.
Hmm. That doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence that this new card will fix the problem.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #59
Jed1

If you are not familiar with CableCard screens and where to get the information that is needed here is some links to help.
Accessing the CableCard MMI screens:
http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2567
Motorola Troubleshooting screens:
http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/...I3Z0x5bA%3D%3D
Cisco/SA Troubleshooting screens:
http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/...2571/related/1

Do not remove the CableCard from the slot unless you are told so by the cable company. If you need to reset the card do so by restarting the TiVo. Removing the card from the slot may add to your problems.

If a CableCard is bad you will get a black box on your screen with a CableCard error code. Write down the number and call your cable company. If you do not get any error code then there is no problem with the card. The problem will be with the cable company not having the card entered into their system and your account properly.
If a technician shows up with more cards than needed then you are already in trouble. The links above will help you determine if the card is paired properly.

Up until last year when I got two new replacement cards, I used the same S Card since 2004 and a M Card since 2008 with no issues. These two cards were replaced in 2012 when I transitioned to a new headend. These two cards were in my two Kuros and since last month, are now in my two Premiere 4s. I actually own my two cards as I had to buy them at the time they were originally issued in 2004 and 2008.
Jed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #60
andyf

Quote:
After you set your number of tuners down to 5, reboot your box, and let me know if you still are seeing the bad stream. Thanks.
Ah, whether by coincidence or by design the reboot does seem to do it. I now have 5 working tuners. Thanks.

I assume that this issue has some high priority at TiVo?