I have a tivo stream and am having a challenge with downloads that keep timing out/failing. The stream is connected directly to my verizon fios modem and router. I have two tivo premiere units...one two tuner premiere with a moca adapter and the other is a four tuner with moca built in. I am attempting to download (currently) from the two tumer premiere.
Relevant (?) notes
- I just had fios installed and have not adjusted any of the settings on router
- im attempting to download espn 30 on 30 show which is about 900 mb, standard video
- i have previously downloaded two other shows from the espn series and they went fine....took 15 to 20 minutes
- I think there may have been a tivo app update ... Pretty sure i updated it because there now is remote control support for tivo mini
- I kept the tivo app open as i attempted download
- the downloaded would stop after 1 to 2 minutes saying download error or fail.
- i had to re-initiate the download prob 12 to 15 times times before the download would complete. The down load finally did complete
- I started to initiate Another download ....smaller file from a diff network and it cut off three times before i had to leave for a trip
- i called tivo tech support and spoke to them briefly...they asked if i kept tivo app open ( yes). And if i had hard wired premieres (yes...moca). And if i had good connections speeds (yes. 35 mbps plus). He mentioned that splitters in house may cause problems but im pretty sure signals are straight from fios box outside house
- my streaming of recorded shows to ipad seems to work fine
- i didnt have much time to talk to tech support guy but he was kind enough to send me article about blocked ports. I will try to check to see if any of my ports are blocked ( on road now) but i doubt they are since i have never really altered configuration out of box)
Any suggestions....resetting premiere? Resetting stream? Deleting app and reinstalling? Is the new version of the app causing problems?