TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #91
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerronScott View Post
One of my 2 S3 OLED's just got 11.0m with today's call in (had pending restart so I went ahead and restarted) so maybe the general the rollout has started?

Scott
Still nothing here but good to know the general release has started.
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #92
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post

Still nothing here but good to know the general release has started.
If the general release started, everyone would get it, not just one additional person. My old S3 connected this morning, and didn't get the update, not that I really want the update as my S3 is working fine currently.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #93
CraigK
(unspecified)

One of our HDs got the 11.0m overnight. My first clue was closed captions were on and the other was the corner clock was missing.

The other HD hasn't updated yet, but I imagine the general rollout is now progressing.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #94
worachj

I got the new software on a TiVo HD last night, still have S3 that needs it.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #95
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
If the general release started, everyone would get it, not just one additional person. My old S3 connected this morning, and didn't get the update, not that I really want the update as my S3 is working fine currently.
It's been a while since we've seen new reports so I assumed this was the general. I'm happy with the current OS and since my Tivo is hacked, it's been so long since I hacked it, I really don't look forward to the new release.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #96
HerronScott

Checked my son's HD and it's still 11.0k so we're 1 for 3 here. I do seem to recall general rollouts occurring faster in the past but a little odd why 1 of mine would have gotten it after all this time (and I see another user as well).

Scott
HerronScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #97
Nicholsen

11.0m is problematic for me on HD and HDXL

I have two HD's and one HDXL, all with expanded internal after market hard drives. (6 tuners + 4.5 Tb = a lashed together Roameo?)

One HD and the HDXL both recently received 11.0m. Neither liked it. The new drives are less than a year old, and there is absolutely no sign of capacitor rot on the HDXL. Both units worked perfectly from the upgrade until they received 11.0m.

The XL locked-up and would not reboot from the menu. I eventually got it to reboot with a power-cycle, but it would not reboot consistently after that even when power cycled. I ran a kickstart 57 and am now copying transferable programs to another machine. I have my fingers crossed the kickstart fixed the problem.

The HD also does not reboot properly. I no longer get a "Starting up" screen. Instead, I get a blue screen (for longer than I would expect) followed up with the "Just a few more minutes" screen. I am going to try the kickstart 57 here as well and see if that helps.

Has anyone else had similar issues with the 11.0m upgrade?

By the way, many thanks to the regular posters here for sharing their accumulated wisdom with us.
Nicholsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #98
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholsen View Post
I have two HD's and one HDXL, all with expanded internal after market hard drives.
Uh, (breaking out in cold sweat), who, or where, did you purchase these "after market drives" from? Are you talking about pre-imaged drop-in-and-go drives, or just retail drives that you imaged yourself?
Old 08-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #99
Nicholsen

These are retail WD green drives I imaged myself. They were working perfectly until the 11.0m upgrade. Lots of use, no issues.

I appear to have lost no programs, but I am surprised that a minor bug patch could cause these kinds of issues.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #100
HerronScott

I only have a sample of 1 on an S3 OLED so far and have not seen any issues yet (upgraded to 1TB WD AV drive 5 years ago with WinMFS).

Scott
Old 08-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #101
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
These are retail WD green drives I imaged myself. They were working perfectly until the 11.0m upgrade. Lots of use, no issues.

I appear to have lost no programs, but I am surprised that a minor bug patch could cause these kinds of issues.
Which upgrade method, or method(s), with what utilities/tools?
Old 08-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #102
ELEVO

I am still stuck on the Old Software Version 11.0k-01-2-652

I Havent Gotten the Newer Version for my S3 652 Anyone know if its Available ? or even if there is one for the 652 Model?
Should i be worried?
ELEVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #103
HerronScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELEVO View Post
I am still stuck on the Old Software Version 11.0k-01-2-652

I Havent Gotten the Newer Version for my S3 652 Anyone know if its Available ? or even if there is one for the 652 Model?
Should i be worried?
Nothing to worry about.

It's a very slow rollout this time and it's believed it only fixes the expired cookie issue.

Scott
Old 08-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #104
Soapm

Quote:
The XL locked-up and would not reboot from the menu. I eventually got it to reboot with a power-cycle, but it would not reboot consistently after that even when power cycled. I ran a kickstart 57 and am now copying transferable programs to another machine. I have my fingers crossed the kickstart fixed the problem.

The HD also does not reboot properly. I no longer get a "Starting up" screen. Instead, I get a blue screen (for longer than I would expect) followed up with the "Just a few more minutes" screen. I am going to try the kickstart 57 here as well and see if that helps..
This could explain the slow roll out. I'm sure they don't want to be inundated with calls and I'm sure they're in no rush to fix the new OS with Tivo5 being released.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #105
Nicholsen

11.0m

I didn't mean to alarm anyone. Just looking to see if my problems were isolated to me. They appear to be.

These drives were copied, expanded and supersized with winMFS. (Another tip of the hat to the old hands here who made that possible.) I am running an overnight diagnostic on the HDXL out of an abundance of caution, but I think the drive is fine.

The HD is running fine and is now booting up in a normal time frame from the menu. I am still getting a blue screen (instead of "starting up") on restart of both HD boxes, running 11.0k and 11.0m.

This is a new issue for me, but is clearly not caused by 11.0m. Furthermore, it's a nuisance, not a crisis, as they do start up and run. If anyone has any thoughts, let me know. Power supplies? HDMI handshake? I have the output set for 720p fixed. I am going to try to isolate the problem, as it's a burr under my saddle.

Finally, for reasons I don't fully understand, I suspect that I need to run WDIdle3.exe on the drive in the HDXL. I did not do that earlier, and this is the behavior I have seen before with some of the WD green drives that are set to park their heads to save energy.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:32 AM   #106
jmbach

Only a few thoughts. Wdidle3 not ran on the drive could be an issue. Perhaps a bad spot on the disk in the alternate root and kernel partitions. Might need to check for sector relocation issues. Unless a certain number of sectors being reassigned reaches a particular threshold, the drive will still pass SMART. So technically the drive passes muster but in reality it is having issues.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:06 AM   #107
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
The only major issue that really needs to be fixed is the diagnostic screen lock up. I doubt they'll fix that though.
morac, would you (or someone) be kind enough to point me at a thread where the diagnostic screen lock up issue is discussed, or suggest some search terms so I could find a description of it? I tried to search, but ended up back here.

I discovered the issue a couple of weeks ago, I think, when I was poking around in the menus and my TiVoHD (unhacked, unexpanded) locked up. Whatever I did, I'd like to avoid doing it again.

In any case, thanks for mentioning there is a known issue. It's very annoying, but it's sort of reassuring to hear that it wasn't just me. I thought I had killed my TiVo.

(P.S. just checked my system info and 11.0m has rolled out here.)
Old 08-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #108
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroyd View Post
morac, would you (or someone) be kind enough to point me at a thread where the diagnostic screen lock up issue is discussed, or suggest some search terms so I could find a description of it? I tried to search, but ended up back here.

I discovered the issue a couple of weeks ago, I think, when I was poking around in the menus and my TiVoHD (unhacked, unexpanded) locked up. Whatever I did, I'd like to avoid doing it again.
)
I don't recall a thread, but the lockup occurs on the DVR Diagnostics screen if the box has been running for a long time.

Last edited by morac : 08-26-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #109
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
I don't recall a thread, but the lockup occurs on the DVR Diagnostics screen of the box has been running for a long time.
Useful to know. Thanks again.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #110
pig_man

One of my TiVo HDs rebooted last night and now has the new software. I checked my other TiVo HD today and it said "Pending Restart". I manually rebooted and it also has the new software.
pig_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:47 PM   #111
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig_man View Post
One of my TiVo HDs rebooted last night and now has the new software. I checked my other TiVo HD today and it said "Pending Restart". I manually rebooted and it also has the new software.
Still nothing new on my OLED S3.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #112
Soapm

Got my update today.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #113
westtown73

My Update Arrived Today

My HD got the update today.
westtown73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #114
ScratchFury

My OLED S3 rebooted last night and woke me up. I was afraid the power supply died again. I have a 1TB with WD Green drive with the adjustment so it doesn't get stuck in a reboot cycle. No problems so far with 11.0m.
ScratchFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #115
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScratchFury View Post
My OLED S3 rebooted last night and woke me up. I was afraid the power supply died again. I have a 1TB with WD Green drive with the adjustment so it doesn't get stuck in a reboot cycle. No problems so far with 11.0m.
Sometimes it pays to be last in line...
Old 09-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #116
windracer
joined the 10k club

I finally got it on my OLED S3.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #117
jmbach

My 2TB OLED S3 sometime in the past week got the update and seems to be working fine. Did get my first HDMI not compliant message from my TiVo that corrected itself by unplugging and plugging the HDMI cable in back of the TV.

Last edited by jmbach : 09-06-2013 at 08:24 AM.
jmbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:25 AM   #118
HerronScott

My second S3 OLED was pending a restart last night so I went ahead and rebooted it and I checked my son's HD and it had upgraded as well at some point in the last week. Glad to see no issues with his since it was a 2TB drive upgrade.

Scott
Old 09-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #119
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

11.0m-01-2-652 showed up on my TiVo HD with a 2 TB drive upgrade overnight. I already pulled the drive and took a truncated backup just in case.
"You know, ground beef is a real winner nowadays" -- Faster Guy
sbourgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #120
windracer
joined the 10k club

Ah, good idea. I haven't made a truncated backup of my OLED S3 in quite a while. Time to update that image just in case.

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote