TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
mckingsley

Will it take awhile for my new Roamio to get my same Media Access Key?

I am trying to transfer shows from my Premiere to my Roamio. But when I try I get the error message that they are not on the same account, or a MAK error. Sure enough my Roamio shows a different MAK than my premiere and my online account. But my Roamio is showing up on my online account at least in the billing and season pass area. What gives?
mckingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

Force a few calls.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
innocentfreak

It can take a couple days sometimes. You could try forcing a call on both to see if that helps. I would do Roamio first. I would also check to make sure the settings on TiVo.com are set to share for the new TiVo. Sometimes even just naming the TiVos before the forced call helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
mckingsley

Thanks, I have tried to force some calls and I have even named my new Tivo. It has been a little over 24 hours and I guess I will wait till sometime later tomorrow before I call Tivo.

See all of this voodo is what I wish could have been fixed by now from Tivo. It should be explicitly told to us how long these things take (besides the fact that in theory it shouldn't take any time at all after an initial connection)
Old 08-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #5
innocentfreak

In the past people had luck by checking the share settings on TiVo.com and forcing a call. Wai a bit, recheck the settings and force another call.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #6
MeInDallas

Did you try a reboot? Sometimes that works and then a connection after.
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #7
mckingsley

Tried all those things and called support after waiting 48 hours since initial setup of Roamio. They say i can try and wait a little longer or do a reset on their side and then wait another 48 hours for it setup.

What's the deal here, even Public DNS changes don't take 48 hours anymore.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #8
mckingsley

So found out finally they shipped the wrong unit to me! Well it was a correct type of Tivo Roamio but after some more investigation on my side I noticed my Tivo Service Number was not matching what my online account showed.

Someone put a wrong Tivo in a box because even the box outside sticker showed the TSN from online but the actual Tivo did not match the TSN from the box. Well it's cleared up now.